Sign in to follow this  
John T

2 gun powerwashers.

Question

On my Hydrotek powerwasher that I'm about to sell comes with 3 hose reels with one being the garden hose and the other two are high pressure hoses. It never occured to me that this rig could be used as a two gun set-up even though the gpm's would be low for each gun. The Unit is rated at 4.6gpm's @ 3200 psi so if it is a two gun Unit then each gun would be 2.3 gpm's each.

Can someone show a picture of the part of the there powerwasher that makes it a 2 gun Unit. It almost seems like all you need is a y connector coming of the powerwasher where you can make it a 2 gun unit. If this is true then any Powerwasher can very easily be made into a 2 gun unit.

Can someone give me some light on this............Thanks

Below is some past pictures of my Hydrotek for sale. I will put current pictures of it up soon.

post-43-137772145958_thumb.jpg

post-43-137772145961_thumb.jpg

post-43-137772145966_thumb.jpg

37 answers to this question

John,

How much do they want for a new rig?? Give me untill about Tuesday the latest to post current pictures of my Rig. If your interested I might be able to sell it to you for $3500 which in this price it will also be delivered since the guy who works for me may be heading that way before he goes to Oklahoma to pick up my new rig.

A 2 gun system must have a regulating unloader on it. These are different from a trapped pressure or flow controlled unloader. With a flow controlled, 1/2 the water coming through freaks it out and it will cycle, jump, and carry on. A trapped pressure unloader will work for a while, although using it as a regulator will wear it prematurely. A 2 gun system must also have a thermostat on it or it will overheat with 1/2 water flow coming through. Other than that, all you need is a tee at the outlet.

Does any company sell a 10 GPM 2 gun machine. I would like to buy one in the future, but I really would like more than 2 guns running at 4 GPM.

JL

Alkota & Hydrotek - We have a 8 gpm Hydrotek and love it. I use a 16/60 degree tip to wash with. Low pressure but big volume. Washing is sooo easy and very fast!!!

On our Hydrotek, the part that makes it a two gun unit is under the coils where the temp switch is that leads to the two guns.

It has a mercury line temp sensor and two hose connections on it.

John, not that I know of but I am sure Hydrotek would be able to spec one up for you.

Rod~

John,

How much do they want for a new rig?? Give me untill about Tuesday the latest to post current pictures of my Rig. If your interested I might be able to sell it to you for $3500 which in this price it will also be delivered since the guy who works for me may be heading that way before he goes to Oklahoma to pick up my new rig.

Hey John I am in OK. What type of skid are you getting and who are you getting it from? I have some contacts here for some decent pricing if you havent already committed.

Rod-----you're running a SC30008K yes? That's what I have and it's the same setup.

Jeff-----Hydrotek has no come out with a 9gpm machine. They've simply switched from an AR pump to a Cat. (I've pesonally have had a lot of problems with my AR pump.......they're very very picky).

I don't why they couldn't increase the gpms by switching the pump to meet your specs.

Jeff

Landa also makes a two gun hot water skid, I think the specs are 9.9gpm@ 2500psi. Also Allison Iron Horse can set up a variety of machine for two guns...From 7gpm @3600 to 12gpm @ 2200 psi

Doug

Thanks for the info everyone!!!!! Id really like 2 guns at 5gpm give or take a little. I was thinking 2 skids but if I could get around 5gpm 2 guns on one skid, i would hope i would be less money than buying to skids

Thanks for the info everyone!!!!! Id really like 2 guns at 5gpm give or take a little. I was thinking 2 skids but if I could get around 5gpm 2 guns on one skid, i would hope i would be less money than buying to skids

It would absolutely be less money than buying two skids, and would take much less space.

There's not a huge difference in price between a 5.6gpm 18hp skid and the 8gpm 24hp skid I'm looking at now.

Rod-----you're running a SC30008K yes? That's what I have and it's the same setup.
Correct. Great unit and the set up saves time. I have a 225gal tank for supply and 2 reels with 200'@ along with a 150' supply hose. Best investment we've made next to the Freightliner Sprinter van it is mounted in.

Rod~

Hey Rod, how do you like your Sprinter van? Is it better than a cube truck. Does it cost the sams to plate it as a cube truck? Do you need to do DOT?

Yes it is! I'm trying to decide between that or a Landa for $8200.00

They both spray water. I don't think the water that the Landa sprays is worth $3k more!!! The Pressure-Pro unit looks like a very nice machine. I am looking at that exact machine right now, and should have it on the trailer in the next week or two.