Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Dead Beat or slow pay customers...How do you deal with them?

What are your methods of collection? (multiple choice enabled)  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What are your methods of collection? (multiple choice enabled)

• Call them to resolve the debt...
    • Send certified or registered forms of billing...
    • Send them to a collections agency...
    • Impose a Lien on their property...
    • Take them to court...
    • Have a lawyer handle it...
    • Arrange for payments....
    • Other...Explain below in a post.

I'm probably a small company compared to most of you guys, but I still get about 3-4 jobs a year that dont pay me on time. I wait until about the end of my season in November and send collection letters. Every time I get checks the follwing week, and it's a sweet bonus when work is slowing down. I haven't been burned yet. Knock on PT lumber.

We did a hurry-up job just before Super Bowl, which was the Grand Opening. My guys did get a check, but first it bounced and then the ******* closed the account. He did not return calls and was never in. So, I stopped in for a personal visit. I got the usual run-around, business took more than I thought to get started, business is slow. The third stop, I did not go in his office, but told him in front of his employees that I needed to get paid for the work we did. I got some money. It took me 7 months to collect $900.00, interest was added each month at 1.75%. The last trip, he asked when I was going to clean the hood and service the fire system. Shame on me, I lied when I told him I would check my schedule. I did however, write the insurance agent a letter. I told them I would not be serviceing the life and safety equipment because of non-payment.

A couple of weeks ago, I went top the local golf club. When I left, I had all of the fire extinguisehrs that I had not been paid for. One of the extinguishers was behind the bar, as I took the extinguihsers, I told the bar tender and his customer that the extinguisher had never been paid for and still belonged to me. Soon I got a phone call wanting to know where their extinguishers were. I told him my extinguishsers had never been paid for and his account was now taken care of. He claimed he had never received any billing. He said if I would bring the extinguishers back, he would pay me. That is when I got upset and said something that sounded like chinese and suggested he commit a physically impossible act.

Only once did I have this problem and it was the salesman that sold me one of my trucks. I went back to the dealership a week later looking for my check he never mailed but was told by his coworkers that he had moved to another state. This was followed up with "Why, did he owe you money too?" Guess I wasn't the only one.

I have been in search for a good solution to the restaurant that just shuts the doors and claims to be out of biz. By Federal Law, it is required for the facility to provide you with bankruptcy paperwork! I have found a great solution for this. I have been dealing with a company that has legal staff, and will pursue clients that have closed their doors but have not filed for bankruptcy. My opinion is "You still owe me money, until you have lost everything!" Give Dave a call if you want to find out more about his company, and I can tell you he is recovering money that I have already wrote off!

Dave Moffett

Legal Recovery Systems, Inc

552 North Oleander Avenue

Daytona Beach, FL 32118

Tel: 877-642-8700

Fax: 877-702-8700

dave@legalrecoverypros.com

Welcome to Legal Recovery Systems

I have been in search for a good solution to the restaurant that just shuts the doors and claims to be out of biz. By Federal Law, it is required for the facility to provide you with bankruptcy paperwork! I have found a great solution for this. I have been dealing with a company that has legal staff, and will pursue clients that have closed their doors but have not filed for bankruptcy. My opinion is "You still owe me money, until you have lost everything!" Give Dave a call if you want to find out more about his company, and I can tell you he is recovering money that I have already wrote off!

Dave Moffett

Legal Recovery Systems, Inc

552 North Oleander Avenue

Daytona Beach, FL 32118

Tel: 877-642-8700

Fax: 877-702-8700

dave@legalrecoverypros.com

Welcome to Legal Recovery Systems

On the flip side of the coin in TN if a company files bankrupcy and they have paid money to your company within 90 days of filing they can send you a notice wanting that money returned to the court. I know someone that had exactly that happen to them within the last month. Note: the ammount was $52,000.

Edited by The Chemical Doctor