Sign in to follow this  
daryl

Need some advice

Question

Hello Guys and Gals I need your advice on by far the largest cleaning job I have ever had to bid on. I have to admit that the size of this church took my breath away.

(1) How much chemical do I need to clean with? (My guess was 4 55gal drums of 12% pool chlorine with 20gals of bourlox to give it some sticking power

(2) What type of boom lift would you use? The church is about 3 stores high

(3) Would you use a tarp on the awnings

(4) How long should it take a two man crew

(5) Should I give them a large volume price

Let me know what you guys think and thanks in advance

Daryl

post-656-137772146966_thumb.jpg

post-656-13777214697_thumb.jpg

post-656-137772146974_thumb.jpg

37 answers to this question

The most I use for a 1 story 2500sf house would be 5 gallons...if that. I can't imagine using 30 gallons of mix on any house...That'd have to be a HUGE monster of a house...if you're Xjetting, that's 6 buckets of mix! At most I'd use 15 gallons on that 4000 sf, but doubtful because of the vinyl.

4000 sq ft was the living space,this house was a monster.I also used the mix to pretreat the concrete before cleaning.

When I used the normal mix of citracleen I wasn't happy with the result(longer dwell times)I bumped it up after talking with Steve.

I am trying a soap I bought locally right now,it's actually a car wash soap.It melts the spider webs and other stuff really well and we are only using about 2 cups per 5 gallons.

With the cost of shipping now days if we can buy some of our chems locally and they do the job as promised we'll give them a try.

Let me know how it works out for you. I'd be interested in giving it a shot if it works better.

Good afternoon every one well it seems that I will need a lift and I found one that I think that will make cleaning the church a little easer to do. For all of the guys and gals who were nice to share some great ideas thanks again for your insight. Here is the lift I will use if they accept my bid. The boom lift is a Genie tz-34/20 this is a trailer mounted lift.

The fee to rent is 175.00 a day I figure I can pick it up on Friday afternoon and work all day Saturday. I looked at the lift on line and it seems like it would be pretty easy to use the web address is www.genieindustries.com now on the chemical side I think 220gals would be too much I will cut that in half 120. Celeste I will give Steve a call on Monday. The head of maintenance also wants a bid on doing the gutters as well. They haven’t cleaned them out in 4 years. Thanks guys I will keep you informed on what happens next.

East Shelby Power Cleaning

Daryl

The head of maintenance also wants a bid on doing the gutters as well. They haven’t cleaned them out in 4 years. Thanks guys I will keep you informed on what happens next.

East Shelby Power Cleaning

Daryl

Based on the pictures you posted, I don't see the gutters being bad...there aren't any trees near the building that would drop leaves onto the roof, so they should be easy to clean.

What was the reason you found you needed a lift?

Hey Mike I need the lift because my ext wand wont give me the height I need

To apply my chemicals or rinse even with my x jet I can’t get the ranch I need

I have an 18ft ext wand and for some strange reason my xjet won’t get any suction after 8 or 9 ft.

3 stories shouldn't be more than 40 ft max - you could feasibly put the x-jet on the end of the extension wand and be able to apply chems to the third story with no problem.

We do this all the time. Works for us.

Beth

Daryl,

If you lower the tip of the xjet toward the ground while priming it will draw.I use the xjet often to apply chems to roofs (while on the roof) with 50' of hose with no problem,as long as I prime it pointed downward.I have also used the xjet with a 24' extention,as long as it's primed before you raise the wand you can get it to draw.

If they are willing to pay for a lift and you feel you can do a better job by using it,then get it.