Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy M

telescoping wand

Question

Has anyone tried the new heavy duty telescoping wand from Sunbrite. Wondering if it is any better than the ones from northern tool when extended all the way out.

44 answers to this question

I attribute my bad habit for cursing to the extendable wand. I've used the wand 3 times since I bought it 3 years ago and haven't been able to rid the nasty cuss words since.

:lgangry:

Extension wands can be a pain (though using the Coress is almost painless), they do come in handy when they're needed. I haven't used mine much, but the few times I have used it have more than made up for what I paid for it. I've used the cheap yellow noodle wands, and I've used the original Extenda-Wand (the red one), and hated both. The Coress puts them all to shame.

Has anyone tried the new heavy duty telescoping wand from Sunbrite. Wondering if it is any better than the ones from northern tool when extended all the way out.
I bought the wand from sunbrite ;and its a useful tool if you use it .Ive used it 3 times .not to many calls for it.although if i need it its there to use as needed.One thing the belt comes in handy for the weight.if its adjusted right most of the weight is on the hip on the belt.

Anyone know who carries the coress wands? I looked at the distributor list on their website, but its pretty limited. I was hoping to find a dealer near by. I have a house to clean on Thursday that I just can't figure any way to clean without a 30' extension wand or a lift.

Anyone know who carries the coress wands? I looked at the distributor list on their website, but its pretty limited. I was hoping to find a dealer near by. I have a house to clean on Thursday that I just can't figure any way to clean without a 30' extension wand or a lift.

You could probably rent a lift a good bit cheaper than a 30' Coress is going to cost.

I don't know of anyone who sells them, other than Steve Rowlett, and I believe he's carrying his own brand now.

I'd check with Don Phelps and see if he can get you one, or point you in the right direction.

I have been through several of the "noodles", fiberglass that can be pruchased about anywhere. I also have a Coress and it is heavy, sturdy but not practical for house washing. I am 6'3" over 200# and it is more than I want to tangle with for long periods.

Espec started carrying (IN 2005 catalog)a new version made in Canada that is awesome in my opinion. I think the correct part # TW243N. It is aluminum, pin lock and has flat sides milled into the extensions so it does not twist. The tip always stays where you want it. The gun is replaceable and it is under $200.

I have used this one a lot and would throw the other sin the trash or give them to anyone that wants the "Noodle".

I have been through several of the "noodles", fiberglass that can be pruchased about anywhere. I also have a Coress and it is heavy, sturdy but not practical for house washing. I am 6'3" over 200# and it is more than I want to tangle with for long periods.

Espec started carrying (IN 2005 catalog)a new version made in Canada that is awesome in my opinion. I think the correct part # TW243N. It is aluminum, pin lock and has flat sides milled into the extensions so it does not twist. The tip always stays where you want it. The gun is replaceable and it is under $200.

I have used this one a lot and would throw the other sin the trash or give them to anyone that wants the "Noodle".

Sounds like the original Extenda-Wand (the brand, not a generic extension wand). I had one, and it was a good bit heavier and harder to manage than the Coress. What size Coress do you have? I wouldn't want to use it all day, but then again, I rarely need it.

Extension wands can be a pain (though using the Coress is almost painless), they do come in handy when they're needed. I haven't used mine much, but the few times I have used it have more than made up for what I paid for it. I've used the cheap yellow noodle wands, and I've used the original Extenda-Wand (the red one), and hated both. The Coress puts them all to shame.

If I think about it I'd have to admit that mine has not paid for itself simply because of ignorance on my part. I now would solve the same problems in a less painful manner and the exteda wand would not be necessary. Live and learn right?

I guess I've been lucky enough to be able to clean everything (everything that needed it, that is) with a lift.

You could probably rent a lift a good bit cheaper than a 30' Coress is going to cost.

True, but its just one of those things that I come across from time to time where I've got a tricky area that is to small to justify a lift, but a quailty wand would be perfect. Most of the time I can usually hit these areas with a long range nozzle, but somtimes I get surfaces that require a little "up close and personal" attention.

I bought the one from Sunbright this year and used it twice(I think). It came in very handy x jetting a 3 story home. I initially bought it for the outsides of 2 story decks, but it was so heavy and cumbersome that I just dropped it and got my 9ft A-frame. I usually hang over the sides, but that kills my back.

FOR SALE - (1) 24ft blue wand.

Ive had one for 4 years, When I first bought it I used it once and never have since. Its been on my garage wall ever since and I hate to look at it brand new looking getting no use, knowing I wasted the money. Those wands are a moster to work with extended

I have used all 4 types of wands extensively over the past two years. I started with the

1) "Blue Noodle" from our local Northern. Can be bought pretty much anywhere. It extends to about 24' and the flex is about 1'+ . It will twist, turn and is difficult to handle for detail work at that range. Also, the twist locks would jam, clog and just not work or come loose and I have a 15' wand sliding back at me and that would jam.

I HATE THE TWIST LOCKS.

2) Next I tried the "Yellow noodle" same company supposed to be heavier duty I think. I may have the blue and yellow reversed. Similar issues.

3) I started doing roofs and ordered from Pitchwitch the 40' (?) Coress. Very well made nice piece of equipment, but expensive and somewhat too much to handle for a house.

4) I saw in the newer Espec catalog early in the year this newer version of the extend-a wand, but it is made in Canada. Extends to 24', about the same weight and blue and yellow noodles, with pin locks, does not jam and stays put. The tip will not rotate b/c the internal sections are milled with a flat face to catch the pin locks. I used it yesterday and on many many houses this past years. I have a spare in case something fails. It costs less than $200.

I still have not found one to beat it, even the coress. Although in fareness, the coress is more versatile if you want or need to change from high pressure to low pressure window washing and other accessories. But that is where the $$$ investment goes up even more.

Just my 0.02 worth.

I have used all 4 types of wands extensively over the past two years. I started with the

1) "Blue Noodle" from our local Northern. Can be bought pretty much anywhere. It extends to about 24' and the flex is about 1'+ . It will twist, turn and is difficult to handle for detail work at that range. Also, the twist locks would jam, clog and just not work or come loose and I have a 15' wand sliding back at me and that would jam.

I HATE THE TWIST LOCKS.

2) Next I tried the "Yellow noodle" same company supposed to be heavier duty I think. I may have the blue and yellow reversed. Similar issues.

3) I started doing roofs and ordered from Pitchwitch the 40' (?) Coress. Very well made nice piece of equipment, but expensive and somewhat too much to handle for a house.

4) I saw in the newer Espec catalog early in the year this newer version of the extend-a wand, but it is made in Canada. Extends to 24', about the same weight and blue and yellow noodles, with pin locks, does not jam and stays put. The tip will not rotate b/c the internal sections are milled with a flat face to catch the pin locks. I used it yesterday and on many many houses this past years. I have a spare in case something fails. It costs less than $200.

I still have not found one to beat it, even the coress. Although in fareness, the coress is more versatile if you want or need to change from high pressure to low pressure window washing and other accessories. But that is where the $$$ investment goes up even more.

Just my 0.02 worth.

I don't blame you about the 40' Coress...I have a 24', and it's about as much as I'd want to handle for more than a minute or so.

Extenda-a-Wand is made in Canada, so if Espec is selling Extend-a-Wand, they're getting them from the Canadian company that makes them. Coress is also made in Canada. Does that make a difference?

I was not really trying to point out a major difference other than to help people identify the product.

I think Epecs still carries the twist lock "Noodles" and it is difficult to determine which is which from their part numbers and catalog....at least it was for me. So I had to have a discussion with a customer service rep to get what I wanted. (ie. Pin lock type as described prior.)

I will have to admit the twist locks on the Coress are better than typical twist locks on the extend-a-wand, blue and yellow noodles.

FOR SALE - (1) 24ft blue wand.

Ive had one for 4 years, When I first bought it I used it once and never have since. Its been on my garage wall ever since and I hate to look at it brand new looking getting no use, knowing I wasted the money. Those wands are a moster to work with extended

You need to put that wand on your gig.your gonna use it one day.its when ya dont have it your gonna need it.just my 2 cents .

I use the Coress on just about every job that I do. It has paid for itself plus about 15 more. Currently looking for a used 24' CORESS. Mine was a 32 until I left one section on a jobsite and forgot about it until a week later. Over 24 it was hard to handle. I went to the CETA show and saw the noodle, i saw the one with pin locks and one that was octagonal. However I still think the coress is the best. I have just about worn out the twist locks. Its about time to replace them. If anyone has a coress that they want to sell let me know. I bought mine from Glenn Sheppard at Ace Cleaning in North Carolina. It was used and I got a good deal on it. I would like to have another for backup or for helper when needed.