Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Generators

Dont know much about generators. I was thinking of getting one to do some of my banks at nights. Id want to run a few lights. whats are some good generators and how big should I get, how are they rated. I also would want it for back up at my house in case of emergency, run frig & some lights

Are there any other uses I need it for in PWing

Thanks

JL

Jeff

I have a 8k peak, 6k constant portable (wheel kit installed) generator. I planned to do the same if needed, lights at night then backup power at home. I still have to get the plug wired into the house so I can plug it in. Here is a link that will help you figure out what size to get. http://usdieselengines.com/power_calculator.htm

Dont know much about generators. I was thinking of getting one to do some of my banks at nights. Id want to run a few lights. whats are some good generators and how big should I get, how are they rated. I also would want it for back up at my house in case of emergency, run frig & some lights

Are there any other uses I need it for in PWing

Thanks

JL

I have a Generac that I picked up rebuilt from Home Depot last year. It's definitely top of the line, but works well. 5k constant, has wheels on one side and a handle on the other for easy moving. I believe they run around $650.00 new at Home Depot. It's the "Wheelhouse" model. For ocassional use, I wouldn't spend a large amount of money.

any generator power by honda is good.

I like wincos, voltmaster is cheap and is used on many units because they are cheap. I had a winco that lasted almost ten years of heavy use. 2500wat

Honda uses there own and its darn good. 800.00 to 1000 for 3500watt

you can find briggs powered half that price that work fine.

Good luck