Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

19" surface cleaner

Who has the best prices on a 19-20" surface cleaner. I need to get one to get behind curbs of upcoming parking garage job. I have 30" Big Guy are there any with wheels like the Big guy

can anybody beat WaterCannons prices?

Any recomendations

Thanks

JL

19" Ultra Clean on casters - $529.95

20" Whirl A Way Stainless Steel on casters - $489.00

20" Whirl A Way Plastic Floater - $339.00

16" Whirl A Way Plastic Floater - $299.00

Remember, you only pay actual freight charges...no handling fees.

Northern tool has a Genreal Pump HAMMERHEAD for $249 w/ free shipping. It is a better surface cleaner than any of the Whirl A Way models. It is well built and worth the price.

The best 19 incher out there, however, is still the Classic by WhisperWash. If you have had them all, you would agree.

I bought the GP Hammerhead from Northern and it works well. I had a quick connect installed ($12 at my Landa dealer) in order to transport/store more easily.

I had been using a Landa Water Jet, but it self-destructed. I really miss wheels though, so I just bought a used 24" Steel Eagle on eBay.

I have the general pump surface cleaner as well. I bought it a couple of months ago from Northern to use as a back up. I've only experimented with it once, and seems all right, but not as good as my 20" Rotoblaster that I use everyday.

I had been using a Landa Water Jet, but it self-destructed. I really miss wheels though, so I just bought a used 24" Steel Eagle on eBay.

John, what happened to your WaterJet? I just bought a 24" model with about 50 hours on it. I've put 25 more on it so far and I love it. Should I look out for anything?

When it comes to surface cleaners, guns, nozzles, QD's ect... Quality is far more important than price..

Take this bit of advice from a guy who's gone through 2 surface cleaners in 18 months.. All of them were good name brands but just didn't hold up as well as they should have.

Two surface cleaners in 18 months? Good grief! You must be doing flatwork 24/7. We have found maintenance is important on these machines, and keeping spare parts helps with down time. We still have and use a machine we got in 1999. It's like the energizer bunny, but it is a little worn....

Beth

Thanks everyone, I'm pretty sure Im going to get the classic whisper wash, Ive never had a problem with my Big Guy so, I think i'll stay with the same company

Thanks again

The best 19 incher out there, however, is still the Classic by WhisperWash. If you have had them all, you would agree.

Of the 4 surfacers we have, the Classic is the first one off the truck for smaller jobs or ones that have 'stuff' to work around.

Like Pete says...it's the best in it's class...

Cujo

Joel,

My Water Jet died a few weeks ago. My employee swears he always blows the debris from the drives before using the surface cleaner, but I doubt it. The estimate for repair is about $800.

I bought the Hammerhead and have been pleased with its performance, but due to my shoulder (torn rotator cuff, repaired once and now re-torn. Surgery on Nov. 30) I needed something with wheels. I found that Steel Eagle is selling "scratch & dent" 24" and 30" models on eBay, so I bought a "reconditioned" 24" for $480. There were a few scratches on the top, but everything else was new, in fact, it had never been assembled. Very nice.

By the way, as far as I can tell, the Hammerhead is a carbon copy of the Whisper Wash Classic. The two differences that I see are: powder coated handles instead of chrome and the Classic has a quick-connect, in addition to being able to separate the handle. I like the poder coat look, and for just a few dollars, I added the quick connect.

By the way, as far as I can tell, the Hammerhead is a carbon copy of the Whisper Wash Classic. The two differences that I see are: powder coated handles instead of chrome and the Classic has a quick-connect, in addition to being able to separate the handle. I like the poder coat look, and for just a few dollars, I added the quick connect.

better check again.

Not even close;)

better check again.

Not even close;)

The whirl-away and the whisperwash classic look very similar, but that's where the similarity ends!

I LOVE my WW big guy. MUCH better than the Steel Eagle. I'd gladly pay more for a big guy, even if they were discounting the SE.

The whirl-away and the whisperwash classic look very similar, but that's where the similarity ends!

I LOVE my WW big guy. MUCH better than the Steel Eagle. I'd gladly pay more for a big guy, even if they were discounting the SE.

Mike the Big Guy is a great piece of equipment isnt it, Ive had mine close to 2 years and not a single problem and a solid machine. I went with the WW Classic , because of the Big Guy, I figured if thats well built so would be the Classic

Jeffey,I like the Whisper Wash. As Petey says " best in it's class". In fact I called them the other day enquireing on a rebuild on mine. They actually talked me out of it. A bit of q @ a and I'm on the road again.

Oh, and thanks for your advice the other day. Worked like a charm. Now I know something Petey doesn't!!:lgbow: :cool: