Sign in to follow this  
Chappy

gift baskets

For those that do commercial work, How do you handle gifts to your property managers. Do you send baskets with just a Christmas card or do you do something more to make sure they know who sent it.

I dont want to have my stuff lost in the shuffle. Isnt the whole idea for them to have another reason to remember you, not just a thank you?

I do several things. To about 8 or 9 property management companies last year & this year I'll give them a pastry tray for the office. I go to a great Italian bakery here and for $20 i get 24 mini italian pastries per tray,canoli's, neopolitians etc, people love them on the tray I have a holiday postcard with a thank you & co. name. Then I also give about 8 gift cert for $40 to nice rest. to prop managers that give me the most work, and also this year Im giving about 25 of my company T-shirts to prop managers. Everybody gets a company Christmas card. I give cards to everybody even people I buy supplies from

The tray & T shirts I hand deliver and try to see them personally to thank them

In addition to current customers, Is there anyone who gives their prospects gift baskets? I haven't in the past, but I believe that it will make for a great marketing tool and I am going to give it a try this year.

I agree with Jeff about the gift certificates for a restaurant. It should be something personal and memorable. Gift baskets are nice but cliched and often you don't get your money's worth if you buy the pre bought ones.

Ron, I'm not sure giving a present to a prospective customer would have the desired effect. It might make them feel embarassed and obligated.. two feelings that may cause a customer to shy away from you.

Hey Ron, I personally wouldnt give a gift basket to someone who hasnt given me work, i wouldnt want to waste the money. Now what I do a couple times a year to companies Im trying to get is I'll drop off a dozen or2 of donuts at their office with biz cards attached, its less expensive and I think you'd get noticed a little more. If you give it at Xmas it might just get mixed up with other things they recieve at the holidays. These same companies I also fax and write letters to them, to keep my name in front of them, I do that every 2-4 months

JL