Sign in to follow this  
Dave O

I quit

Question

I want to be a weather man. It's one of the few jobs that I know of, that you can always be wrong and still get paid, without consequences.It's either dust off the plow and when you do it hits 50 Deg.Then you grab the equipment to go clean and then it snows.

17 answers to this question

I want to be a weather man. It's one of the few jobs that I know of, that you can always be wrong and still get paid, without consequences.It's either dust off the plow and when you do it hits 50 Deg.Then you grab the equipment to go clean and then it snows.
What i do is wake up in the mornin and look outside .These weather people here terrible .Anyone can read computer generated weather report.

What really gets me is that in lower Michigan we have all of these weather channels. They all have every month it seems new equipment. From the doppler 1000, then doppler 2000, now I think they are up to the doppler 4000 or more now with live radar, and they still can't get it right. My wife and I think this is hillarious. Now when we go up northern far end of the mitten on the west end of lake michigan. They have their own weather radar system. Older from what I am told but they get it right almost evry time down to the inch and temperature. We go to the cabin near Traverse city we can actually plan the whole week ahead of time and be just fine, but here is another story. One more reason I can't wait to move.

It is kinda funny how as often as the're wrong most of us still go out of our way to watch the weather report anyways. That's kinda dumb isn't it.

New national lottery, weatherman betting ,two bits a bet they well be wrong.

If they predict rain the sun comes out, if they predict snow wind comes up.

We all know they all use the same reports from the National Weather Bureau.

Now this is what gets my dander up, the Military has the extremely accuate weather equipment and they don't share it.

How they know to the second what the weather is all around the world. So what is the problem with sharing that?

Dave,

Whats the matter? You did not like all that snow that we got hit with last night?

Doug

BTW You going to make the round table meeting?

Amazing, the difference in climates. I actually just had to turn on the AC because its just a little to warm down here right now. It's been very mild winter around here so far. Normaly we should be at least the low 40's over night. right now were in the middle to upper 50's at night and mid to upper 70's during the day.

Dave,

Whats the matter? You did not like all that snow that we got hit with last night?

Doug

Yeah all of that snow. All 8 " they called for LOL I was actually looking forward to salting and plowing. Then I woke up early and there was nothing.

I actually have customers tell me that we can't schedule for next tuesday, etc. because it's supposed to rain...

Here on the radio one morning, the morning guy asked our weather guy (who has many, many national awards for his weather forecasts) just how many days the forecast was scientifically accurate. He replied that 2.5-3 days had a good degree of accuracy, and beyond that it was largely a guess. The morning guy left him dumbfounded with this question:

"Then why the hell do you do the 7 day forecast every morning!?!"

The weather men predicted rain Saturday No Rain, Sunday No rain finally got rain today. If i went by them nothing would get done. I had my guys work all weekend NO rain

I was hoping the rain would fall this past weekend. I have 26 buidings to clean gutters now it will wet leaves & pine straw. I hate the weathermen

How many internet weather services do you use?

We use 5 to gain a consensus report and avg out the possibilities of what they are all forecasting.

www.accuweather.com

www.weatherbug.com

www.weather.com

www.noaa.gov

www.farmersalmanac.com

Anyone have any other ones that have proved to be useful?

Rod!~

www.wunderground.comWeather Underground

We use 5 to gain a consensus report and avg out the possibilities of what they are all forecasting.

www.accuweather.com

www.weatherbug.com

www.weather.com

www.noaa.gov

www.farmersalmanac.com

Rod!~

www.accuweather.com

www.weatherbug.com

www.weather.com

www.noaa.gov

www.farmersalmanac.com

Rod!~

I use www.wunderground.com

They're pretty accurate most of the time, at least for here.