Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

How To Beat The Competition 1

Dang!!! Great info, great motivation.

I know for myself, and I'm sure many others, it is hard to get past the "selling on price" mindset, especially when the phone isn't ringing much and you need the cash flow. When you have 2 bid requests this week, and no work scheduled, it is hard not to price it at a level where you're fairly certain the homeowner will say yes.

Speaking of $99.00 housewashes, I saw my first sign yesterday, in a small town about 15 miles north of here. Big huge banner on the corner of a main intersection on the property of a church that read "Pressure Washing - Any House - $99.00" Called the number and got voice mail, all day, some redneck sounding kid saying "Hey, this is Lyle, leave me a message". I was going to ask him if that was REALLY "any" house, and if so, I have a 7000 square foot three story home I need washed.

Looking forward to part 2!!

JohnT,

You Italians sure know how to CHILL!!! ....and is that a hot tub gazebo up there on the deck????? Sounds like you partner is doing it right......and I am assuming that is all done in about a six month span??? Not too shabby!

Newlook: I think you and I crossed wires. Here is my specific question to you: All things being equal (they aren't), how many servicemen working does it take to gross 1mil??

I can believe it is possible. We have seen with 2 crews and a 6 month season 300k. Out in California where there season is year round, it should be quite attainable to do a mil +.

Rod!~

That would mean that you not only do the same volume during the 6 months you folks in the more northern climates can't work, and that you're going to almost do an additional $400k by being in a year round work environment ($300kx2=$600k). The problem comes in that in areas where work is year round, there is a greater number of people willing to work cheap...making it that much harder to get prices up.

Mike,

Being a desert southwestern native, perhaps you can possibly understand the reasons why I dont like winter. :)

Rod!~

Oh yeah. I've lived all over the West Coast, and even in Seattle we didn't have a harsh winter. Here in FL it's even better! I love cold weather, but in smaller doses. I can't imagine living somewhere where you KNOW it's going to be cold and freezing for weeks or months at a time!!

Yes it is and it's still a great post.

I was just chatting with Jrod yesterday about generating more work through the upcoming summer months. I'm reluctant to send out a bunch of postcards again because my last response was poor. I've been 7 days a week for 2 months but I'm pretty much all caught up. I have my advertising all planned out for the year but I always seem to detour from it a little. I'm grateful that I've kept great tracking records of all my past advertising and my ROI's. It's great to be able to look back a year ago and see what worked this time of year and what didn't.

My main weakness isn't showing people the percieved value of doing business with me, my system weeds out the price shoppers pretty well, it's just getting the phone to ring more without taking out a loan for mailers.

I've done well with repeat and referral business this year and my goal is in a few years to not have to advertise much at all and to stay busy servicing my customer base.

Educating your customer is by the far the best way to get the sale. SYMS - "An educated consumer is our best customer!!!" When you can answer the questions they havn't even thought to ask, you set yourself apart from the other guy that says "$xxx.xx when can I do it."