Sign in to follow this  
Celeste

Need some help please :)

Question

Roger & I are branching into another little sideline. We've recently come into two wonderful Labrador Retrievers, one chocolate male, 16 months, and a yellow female, 11 months. Our male Cayden is currently at Hunting Bootcamp so the girl is still here. Problem is......she has no name!

She'll be heading for training pretty soon as well and it would be really nice to be able to tell the trainer her name! Can I get some input ? Don't want anything really cutesy, like Blondie or Princess....

Take a look at her and let's get some names going!

30 answers to this question

Roger & I are branching into another little sideline. We've recently come into two wonderful Labrador Retrievers, one chocolate male, 16 months, and a yellow female, 11 months. Our male Cayden is currently at Hunting Bootcamp so the girl is still here. Problem is......she has no name!

She'll be heading for training pretty soon as well and it would be really nice to be able to tell the trainer her name! Can I get some input ? Don't want anything really cutesy, like Blondie or Princess....

Take a look at her and let's get some names going!

She looks like Daisy Mae to me or Dixie Sue

No he is not pure Bred believe it or not. I wish I knew you were getting into labs. I took an 11month old AKC registered Choc Lab from a deploying friend of mine but gave him away the next day to my vet.

No he is not pure Bred believe it or not. I wish I knew you were getting into labs. I took an 11month old AKC registered Choc Lab from a deploying friend of mine but gave him away the next day to my vet.

We had no idea that we were getting into labs either until it happened :) The male belonged to my daughter's friend...the female to another friend of ours.....it all kinda just happened but we have a tiny business plan in mind for these two :) If I'm not off on my dates, we should have puppies ready by next Christmas :)

Celeste

How about, "non-boxer", or "Jake's attention stealer"!!!!!:)

WHY????

WHY????

WHY????!!!!

What is going to happen to Jake???? Boxer pups sell for a lot more than labs----get him some new tail and have a few litters from Jake!!!

Jake is still the KING around here....the labbies are not getting his place :) As for him daddying, we had those little fellas removed when he was a pup.

I had a lab as a youngster....absolutely love the breed and like I said, these two fell into our laps - we more or less rescued them.

As for who sells for more, our pups will be sold after having training started so will command a pretty nice figure from hunters in our area :)

Celeste

Celeste

how about bella

Speaking of Bella, here's our girls. Bella, Roxy and Gidget. Bella was a little camera shy so I had to snap her shot while she was hiding under the bed. The other two lazy slackers were in bed as you can see.

post-280-1377721516_thumb.jpg

post-280-137772151605_thumb.jpg

post-280-137772151612_thumb.jpg

I think Lance has been visiting the strip clubs, LOL:)

:lolsign: :banana: ......On the main stage we have Destiny.... put your hands together :clap:

I've always had dogs, usually one little one, and one big old hunter. I've found that an unusual name has to be easily recognised while being hollered from the porch in the rain, at about two thirty or three in the morning. More syllables is worse, two is good for the "dinner's ready" kind of sing-song.

How does Riley or Duckie grab ya?

My buddy had a great brace of pointing labs named Tammy Faye and Sally Strothers! It was a hoot to hear him cheering them through water retrieves while guys in floating blinds were staring and wondering who was hunting nearby.

I had a wonderful blue heeler mix that used to ride the rode with me that I called Rodeo. Usually as in, "Miss Rodeo, is it time for ice cream yet?" She could recognise a Dairy Queen sign from any interstate. She'd pester me until I bought her a small vanilla cone every day all summer.:lgsideway

BTW, that's my best friend Petey as my avatar. We just finished our tenth hunting season together and it looks as though he's going deaf. My heart is almost broken, I can't stand it that he won't be a pup forever.

I have two Black Lab Mutts. My girl is named Bella. She was and still is beautiful. My male is named Bones. When we first got him he was very lethargic (lazy bones). As an adult he is extremely skinny (has a lot of hound and dalmation in the mix). The name has fit him from day one. We got Bones first, and he seemed really sad having been removed from all of his brothers and sisters. So we got Bella. I tried to convince my wife to let me name her Skin (then we would have Skin and Bones) but she wouldn't go for it.

My computer crashed a while back and I haven't put the pics onto the rebuild or I'd post them.

We also have a cat named Katt. Origianlly wanted to name Bones Dog but Dina (wife) wouldn't go for it.

Celeste,

For what it's worth make sure you do your homework on becoming a breeder... My sister bred Golden labs for a while. It is an awful lot of work. Be prepared for a 2:00 am wake up call to deliver puppies (every litter they had came in the middle of the night). Plus, have you thought about what you'll do with any unsold puppies?

I'm sure you have thought of this stuff, but thought I'd point it out just in case.

Matt Schnurbusch

ABLE HANDS

Garner, NC

(919) 696-5073

When my wife and married (20 years ago) we bought a house that came with a dog - the neighbors yellow lab Bridget. The neighbor still owned and took care of her, but she loved to sit in the shade right in front of our front door. When we came home, she was always there to greet us.

The best pet we never had! We have always said that if we ever did have a dog, we would name her Bridget.

Thanks all for the name list! We tried Molly on for size.....she certainly looks like a Molly but doesn't act like a Molly. I think at this point we're between Lexi and Caysey however she's being called "Wild Child" since she's so wide open! The dog is like the energizer bunny...naps for 15 minutes then runs for hours on end.

Celeste

Thanks all for the name list! We tried Molly on for size.....she certainly looks like a Molly but doesn't act like a Molly. I think at this point we're between Lexi and Caysey however she's being called "Wild Child" since she's so wide open! The dog is like the energizer bunny...naps for 15 minutes then runs for hours on end.

Celeste

Go with Lexi because it's got a good meaning - "Protector of mankind"

I have 2 registered chocolate labs. My male is 3 years old. His name is Roux Bear & his daughter is 1 year old & her name is Foxy Girl. Roux Bear is BAD AS HELL, but I still love him. He has created holy hell in my neighborhood, finds a way to get out of the yard, no matter what I do to prevent it. He got out one morning, the neighbors called & said he was at their house, so I jumped in my truck & went & picked him up, the dumb ass jumped out the back & broke his leg, after $3k later his leg is fixed (vet surgery is very expensive). Labs are great dogs, if you don't get the dumb ass of the litter, like I seem to have.

Well Lance - thank you for the name (your meaning sealed the deal) "Lexi" she is....and she likes it, which is important as well :)

Bill, our Chocolate is an escape artist as well but hopefully he'll improve with his training.

Celeste