Sign in to follow this  
ken wiggins

Too many choices

I am trying to narrow down my skid unit choice. The dealer 3 miles from home [very convienient] Has quoted me a hot water unit, 8 GPM, 3500 PSI, 2 reels, 100' of 3/4 hose on both, 325 gal. tank, 25 HP HONDA, 12 V system made by KASCHOR [?] With tandum trailer. 10K. What do ya'll think ? It will be set up for two wands. He will throw in some nozzles and wands. I can see how to save a few hundred bucks by getting everything seperate, but with him down the road for repairs, etc., it would be good. I just don't know about the name brand. Thanks in advance for your input.

Hey everybody,

Help Ken out on this one. I talked to Ken today and he was asking me about the Karcher machine and I dont know or ever heard anything about commercial machines by Karcher. I looked on a couple sites and saw a 5.6 GPM but not the one for 8.0 GPM

Is Karcher top of the line, middle of the road ????

Russ Southside you know anything about these

Ken you got a picture or a website from the guy so we could see it

Jeff and Ken,

I use a TUFF which is same as Alkota and was recently bought by Karcher (German Company) They are good machines, IMO. They are very durable. I think the 8 gpm is a newer model for them this year. I was just asking about one last week and the local guy has one on the floor.

When I spec'd mine (5.6 gpm/3500 psi/ 20 hp Honda)out severeal years ago all the parts and pieces were compariable, if not better than models by MiTM, or Landa (also locally supported), but the price was slightly less.

They use(d) a Legacy pump, not sure on newest models, or since bought by Karcher, very well built and it puts out like a champ. I'd love to have the 8 gpm unit.

I really don't have experience with other units, except from researching the specs and reliability based on service reports. Very few of the Karcher have been returned for service issues and should you need support your dealer and Karcher will stand behind it 100%.

I had an issue with the relay for the burner system on the TUFF, kept fouling out. Karcher replaced it no questions, no charge (~$275). Found out the wiring harness where it clips together was allowing water to get in when it rained really hard. Wrapped it in water-proof tape, and no issues.

I just pulled my original invoice for the complete set up:

TUFF 20 hp Honda 3500 psi/5 gpm/12v burner listed at $7295 (cost $5595)

325 gal tank, two cox hose reels, 200 ft HP nonskid hose, lances

Total on everything (except trailer) $7600

Trailer 14' landscape open, dual axile with electric brakes was about $1800

Ken... Are you dealing with ICE in Wilminton???

Karcher bought Landa. Karcher is not considered as good as Landa though. That statement is not ment to say Karcher is a bad product though. Let's face it, if you have a Honda engine, an AR pump, & a Wayne or Beckett burner, it's a good machine. Just make sure that the frame and pump/frame rails are strong enough for the pump & engine.

Ken,

How about this?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Fully Equipped Pressure Wash Cargo Van FOR SALE

2001 GMC Savanna 3500 Extended Cargo Van For Sale By Owner

225 Gallon Rinse Tank with 18 Horsepower Kohler. Two general water pumps, one rinse 3000 psi and one soap 2000 psi. 60 gal soap tank.

Wash recovery system with 150 gallon tank and kohler. Perfect start up vehicle for pressure wash business. Cost $35,000 new in 2001.

Contact Keith to make offer at 301-748-5844 or utek654@hotmail.com.

C-Tech owns Landa, Karcher, Tuff, Spray Mart, and a few other companies. I do not think that Alkota is one of them though. The Tuff's are pretty much Landas, although some of them have an old style frame. If it is a Karcher, there is no telling what they might be manufacturing now...

Scott Stone.

Scott is right on. Karcher did the Powerwashing of Mt. Rushmore for free so that has to tell you something. I don't know much about Karcher but they appear to be a big player in the industry.

I am trying to narrow down my skid unit choice. The dealer 3 miles from home [very convienient] Has quoted me a hot water unit, 8 GPM, 3500 PSI, 2 reels, 100' of 3/4 hose on both, 325 gal. tank, 25 HP HONDA, 12 V system made by KASCHOR [?] With tandum trailer. 10K. What do ya'll think ? It will be set up for two wands. He will throw in some nozzles and wands. I can see how to save a few hundred bucks by getting everything seperate, but with him down the road for repairs, etc., it would be good. I just don't know about the name brand. Thanks in advance for your input.

Your specs are a bit off. You may want to double check to confirm the facts. Honda does not make a 25 HP, their biggest is 24 HP.

8 GPM is a real good choice, but you may not like the dual gun setup as it will feel real weak as compared to 8 gpm.

What size is the trailer? You want some room for expansion and factory trailers leave little to no room, I know as I have mine packed very tight to get only some of the extras on there.

The first machine I ever used was a 4 gpm Karcher. Their commercial machines are decent but their parts are/were proprietary. Many of the fittings etc are European standardized. This can make repairs more costly and can increase down time. I personally would look into an American built machine. I am a Landa fan but many consider the added expense unwarranted. I also think the Pressure-Pro units look very well made.

C-Tech owns Landa, Karcher, Tuff, Spray Mart, and a few other companies. I do not think that Alkota is one of them though. The Tuff's are pretty much Landas

Scott: I knew if I started to put the details of who bought who together, I'd get something wrong!! (My apologies)

Karcher bought Landa. Karcher is not considered as good as Landa though. That statement is not ment to say Karcher is a bad product though. Let's face it, if you have a Honda engine, an AR pump, & a Wayne or Beckett burner, it's a good machine. Just make sure that the frame and pump/frame rails are strong enough for the pump & engine.

Jarrod: Thanks: That was what I was trying to say. Look for the quality of the components of the system.

One other component to consider is for anti-vibration/ isolation