Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Fan fell off

I have a Pressure Pro hot 5,6 well we were working today and the machine made a noise and then it shut down. I had the burner on. We got to the trailer and the housing that holds the fan on the Beckett motor came unscrewed and just fell right off. It screwed up the fan blades bad, broke several of them. fan is useless.

My question is should this have happened, the machine is only 5 months old and Ive only have used heat maybe 400 maybe 500 hours tops. Ive cheecked other nuts & bolts on this machine but never cheacked the beckett motor. I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone and should this be covered under warrenty

What a BUMMER when I saw it

Thanks

JL

If I recall, you bought it from Steve Rowlett. If so, give him a call and see what he can do for you. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll hook you up with someone at Pressure Pros.

If I recall, you bought it from Steve Rowlett. If so, give him a call and see what he can do for you. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll hook you up with someone at Pressure Pros.

Steves calling them in the morning, Just wondered if this should of happened at all

Thanks

JL

Seems premature to me. I have had blades on the fan come loose, but we're talking many more hours than that. Did you check with your guys to see if they could have bumped it loading something in the trailer.

Steves calling them in the morning, Just wondered if this should of happened at all

Thanks

JL

In a perfect world nothing bad should happen, but we all know it does. The bottom line usually comes down to who's going to cover it though. Personally, I think it's an erroneous incident, but there is a case to be made one way or the other.

I think i know of what you are talking about i had it happen to me one time it was covered by the warranty though. Did it sound like a loud clicking noise this is what mine sounded like with my wayne burner?

Jeff,I'll throw in my 2 cents worth,on any new machine the vibration will cause crazy things to happen nuts losen,wires become lose and ground out.I am sure that is what pressure pro will tell you.Steve might cover it but I doubt it.400 hrs is a good bit of use I'm sure the warranty on lose nuts is expired.

Jeff,

When I purchased my DC hot water unit it blew two transformers off the beckett motor in 6 months. The manufactor replaced only one and the company I purchasedthe skid from replaced the other.It ended up being the battery.Although I had the correct amount of CC amps needed, I had to go with a larger CC amp. The distributor also paid for the new battery.Things do happen to new machines.I hope yours works out as smooth as mine.

Dennis from Pressure Pro called me after Steve R called him, Dennis is going to walk my mechanic through checking a few other things that may have problems due to the burner motor falling off and breaking the fan

Pressure Pro will cover what ever is needed

Thanks Pressure Pro and everyone else

Jeff

Dennis is the man!

I met him back when he was with APW. He's an ol' schooler that can troubleshoot just about anything. He's told me stories from back in the day, when there was nothing but open-gun machines.