Sign in to follow this  
jgoral76

Packages

Question

wondering what you all have if any included in your package deals want to create one myself but not sure what would be included in each.don't need exact but round about.

9 answers to this question

wondering what you all have if any included in your package deals want to create one myself but not sure what would be included in each.don't need exact but round about.

What exactly are you referring to? Like a whole house package where you do everything?

I usually offer a 10-15% discount if the homeowner chooses to have the roof, house, and driveway done at the same time. The housewash includes everything from the roof line to the ground, and any front/back porches if they're reasonably sized. If the gutters have streaks, I'll include that, and adjust the price accordingly. The homeowner doesn't get a choice in what's included in the housewash.

I do, however, like the idea that Ken uses, offering several levels of service from a "splash and dash" wash to a full house washing including everything possible. I may look at doing that at some point.

I too have thought about offering different levels of housewash, I just have to sit down and work it out. Someone here uses Bronze, Silver and Gold to refer to 3 different levels of a wash, I like that.

Here are a couple pieces from another post outlining the levels.

Silver Plan - a basic soap on and soap off wash. No gutter brushing or attention to detail. A nice job, house looks better. Excellent for competing against lowballers that advertise ridiculous rates then upsell anyway.

Gold Plan - gutter brushing, specialty cleaners on glaring spots of rust or efflorescence, ________ brand polymer/wax, water rinse of driveway, small patios cleaned. Most people will go with this and this is where I have my highest profit margin.

Platinum Plan - All of the above plus any of the following extras.

1) Roof Cleaning

2) Brick/Stone restoration

3) Large areas of concrete cleaned with detergent

4) Pool cleaning

5) Concrete/Flagstone staining and sealing

6) Simplified deck cleaning

7) Lawn statues, benches any property ornamentation

8) Screens brightened

9) Interior windows

10) Gutter cleanout

11) Paint prep

12) Landscaping (which I subcontract to a cousin )

** Anything that can be cleaned without dissolving in detergent, or fall apart with 500 psi is candidate.

From a selling perspective you get one shot where the homeowner has his checkbook open and that is when you do the proposal. Walk the property carefully. Discuss with the homeowner all that you have seen that needs addressing. Ultimately he will want to see what the bottom line will be. In explaining all that you can accomplish you appear more professional. In addition, you change his mindset from expecting a $200housewash from some hack to expecting to pay a bit more for comprehensive service.

Jon, give this a shot. I close a very high percentage of housewashes. Most of them take a full day and profit structure is way higher than that of wood restoration.

My stock proposal sheet has all three plans listed with basics. Under the plainum plan is a space to write in add-ons. I list a price for all three. Through verbal exploration I find out about other bidders (if there are any) and what level of beautification the homeowner is going for.

"So, Michael, if I understand you correctly you are looking not only to remove the mold from your home and walkways, but you are looking for something that will really make your property stand out.. I have broken down our level of service into three levels of plans and it sounds like you may be looking for our Platinum Plan. This is the one that will take the most labor and produce the most dramatic results. Let me explain what it will include"

Sees Price: "wow, that added up pretty quick"

Me: "It sure does. Why don't we look at the Gold level plan and see if this will fit the bill for you? This is the plan most of my customers opt for. It's like getting the Mercedes for the price of a Volkswagon" ::big smile::

I then take their mind off of price as quickly as possible by breaking out my before/after portfolio. They get time to digest what it is going to cost for a professional job, they sort out in their head which plan they want and by the time I get to my final close... "Okay Mike, let's get this booked for you so we can get you in tip top shape and get rid of those dangerous mold spores. Which plan did you want to go with?" ... he's sold.

Out of about 100 proposals, I think I lost 5. Half of the guys that said, let's go for The Gold Plan had their wives cal me back an hour later and say "we want to go with the platinum" This thing works.

My kid told me that the other day, He said dad i didnt know you actually wanted the dishes clean. I said yeah, you must have been reading the BBS. We dont want no silver cleaning job on the dishes.

Sorry Barry just had too

LOL!

The silver would be loading them in the dishwasher for you and turning it on. You get to unload them after they've dried. A gold wash would be a detailed handwash, allowing them to air dry in the drainer, and again, you get to put them away. The platinum is a detailed handwash, hand drying, putting them away, taking the garbage out, mopping the floor, cleaning out the fridge, washing the car, and mowing the yard. :lgkick:

Here are a couple pieces from another post outlining the levels.

Great stuff, Ken! I think I need to drive up and follow you around for a week just to learn how to sell the customer! That's a weak area for me. I do close a pretty high percentage of my estimates, but I'm sure I could do better, and do a better job upselling.

Great stuff, Ken! I think I need to drive up and follow you around for a week just to learn how to sell the customer! That's a weak area for me. I do close a pretty high percentage of my estimates, but I'm sure I could do better, and do a better job upselling.

Right beside you there!!

Comming from the Residential Window cleaning part of the biz 20 years ago. I established this type of menu 10 years ago. It's easier comming from the window cleaning side because the customer has trust in your company. If they let you in their house you can do anything outside. " Trust and clean windows "

but I'm sure I could do better, and do a better job upselling.

That's my weaks spot as well. I can sell jobs real well, but I'm not consistant on trying to push other things that can use my expertise. I guess I'm afraid of looking a little too pushy, and wind up losing their trust, and the job I was originally called out to estimate.