Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Big Guy skirt

I have the 30" Big guy and the brush skirt is worn, actually the metal ring of the skirt is worn and I need to change it. Problem is the skirt has a metal ring that it clips to the body of big guy. Those clips are rivited on the body and one of the clips that are rivitted is broken, because it was badly worn from scraping against wall/concrete.

1st does that skirt just suppose to unclip and then clip new skirt on? 2nd how do I take broken clip off and replace it?

One other problem, where the trigger gun on Big Guy is it has 2 allen set screws that help hold the gun in place, they have worn the brass fitting on the gun and now the gun is very loose. The problem is now those 2 allen wrench set screws will not budge and now I have stripped them. What do I do?

Thanks

JL

The rivets holding the clips have to be drilled out to replace the brush ring. I believe the mounting kit comes with new clips and rivets... I'll check and let you know. For the stripped setscrews, I suggest taking the handle to a machine shop. If they can't get them out, they may be able to drill and tap to the next larger size. Any time you get dissimilar metals and water together, they tend to weld themselves together. When you replace them, try to find stainless setscrews and give them a light coat of Never-Sieze.

For the allen screws, soak then good in a penetrating oil like 3-n-1 and then try an "EZ out" set. It's a combination of a drill bit and a tapered reverse thread bit. Drill down the middle of the set screw and insert the ezout. Turn until the screw breaks loose, or the ezout breaks... Had you not stripped them, this would have helped a great deal: Soak in pen oil for 24 hours, Heat with a heat gun, work backwards a little (3/8 turn), forwards a little (2/8 turn), repeat until it moved freely. It may free up and bind agail later. Repeat until it's free. If that doesn't work, drill and tap as suggested earlier.

And if you call Whisper Wash, tell them two things for me. 1) The whole trigger mount was a really crappy design. 2) Fire the yoyo that put the QC connector high and to the edge of the machine.

Hey Jeff,

Georgia Chemical sold me mine for 60.00 bucks with hardware. You will have shipping cost' added I'm sure, but it might be worth investigating .

770-921-0397. They wanted another 60.00 bucks to install but I declined and did it myself. It was not as hard as I thought it would be. I have a Simpson surface cleaner so there may be some variances in price, but like I said it may be worth investigating. Not trying to shoot anyone's advice or prices on this thread, I just had the same situation as you are having. It was not hard at all to install it myself.

Thanks everyone!!!!

I checked around the prices are right around $95 for the skirt for the Big Guy, as for the set screws I ordered that side of the handle it only cost $19 and once i put the new one on I'll work at getting the allen screws out

Lot of $$$ just for that skirt, they Wisper Wash know how to make their money

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE HELP

JL