Sign in to follow this  
ken wiggins

My new rig was not what I ordered !

I think the reason they are so reluctant to take returns is the same reason many of us buy from them...they are cheap...for many parts, they are significantly cheaper than anyone else I've found. I'm sure their profit margin is pretty low, so every return hurts.

This is true Mike, and I understand what your trying to say, but, simply put, if they are unable to provide good service, and back up their good prices with customer care before and after the sale, its a recipe for their business to self destruct some time down the road.

Look at it this way, your basicly outlining exactly what we all complain about on the service side of this business. LOWBALLERS!! The way they conduct business is equal to how most lowballers conduct business on our end. (E-spec)Defective parts at rock bottom prices = (lowballer)poor quailty workmanship at rock bottom prices

Prices so low that customer service, before and after the sale, is non existant

If one is willing take a chance with this (just like our customers taking a chance with Johnny 5 minute house wash), and doesn't mind getting screwed every once and a while, then I guess one would fall right into the same shoes as Mr. "hire the cheapest homeowner".

The only problem I have is I like using their Emulsifer Plus, and I really don't want to switch to another soap, but I might start looking.

This is true Mike, and I understand what your trying to say, but, simply put, if they are unable to provide good service, and back up their good prices with customer care before and after the sale, its a recipe for their business to self destruct some time down the road.

Look at it this way, your basicly outlining exactly what we all complain about on the service side of this business. LOWBALLERS!! The way they conduct business is equal to how most lowballers conduct business on our end. (E-spec)Defective parts at rock bottom prices = (lowballer)poor quailty workmanship at rock bottom prices

Prices so low that customer service, before and after the sale, is non existant

If one is willing take a chance with this (just like our customers taking a chance with Johnny 5 minute house wash), and doesn't mind getting screwed every once and a while, then I guess one would fall right into the same shoes as Mr. "hire the cheapest homeowner".

The only problem I have is I like using their Emulsifer Plus, and I really don't want to switch to another soap, but I might start looking.

I agree completely! I order what I order from them simply because I want to save some money on simple parts. I wouldn't order anything that required any type of after the sale customer service.

Of course, from what I saw of their 2006 catalog, the days of cheap parts may be gone except during their special sales.