Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

If....

Question

If you could make a wish and have a specific gadget that would help in some situation...what would it be if you could buy it now? :idea:

Feel free to be creative if it doesn't actually exist (that you know of) yet.

Rod!~

ps, my wish is for some kind of roller hose guide that I could fold/move/collapse it out of the way when not in use in our Sprinter van.

Or...a roller track mount for my skid unit in the back so I could pop a couple of locks and roll the unit out of the back (all 800lb's) for access. Perhaps a set of legs would drop down to support the extra weight with wheels on them for maneuvering.

25 answers to this question

If you could make a wish and have a specific gadget that would help in some situation...what would it be if you could buy it now? :idea:

Feel free to be creative if it doesn't actually exist (that you know of) yet.

Rod!~

ps, my wish is for some kind of roller hose guide that I could fold/move/collapse it out of the way when not in use in our Sprinter van.

Or...a roller track mount for my skid unit in the back so I could pop a couple of locks and roll the unit out of the back (all 800lb's) for access. Perhaps a set of legs would drop down to support the extra weight with wheels on them for maneuvering.

Hey, Rod...check this out.

http://www.joeybed.com/

In answer to the question, I want a downstreamer with the draw of an Xjet.

A chem/film that you can spray on a house to protect it from overspray from stain. when the deck is dry, the homeowner can just peel it off.

Sign painters actaully have something like this. It might work for houses, depending on the substrate. Spray it on, peel it off. It works great.

This is a great thread. I'll bet a lot of the "crazy" ideas we post here already exist or soon will. Maybe some of the distributers can post some rare but usefull stuff here.

Any good art store would have it, especially if they sell sign painter supplies. I am pretty sure it is called mastic. I will try and remember to check. It ahs been a while since I have been involved in that world.

How about a push/pull tip that you can customise with your own tips. If one exists, I'll buy 2 of them right now!

How about a twist type nozzle holder with a QC mounted in it?

06193.gif

Hi Jarrod, Serman Williams has a product the call peel and coat.I use it on industrial spray paint booths. It dries and stays put on a metal surface and yet peels off completly when there is to much overspray in the booth and they want it recleaned. I dont know if this will work on wood or not never tried it. Rick

nozzleholders.jpg

Mounts on the end of your lance. With a 1/4" QC on the outlet you can change tips. When you turn this, it opens around the perimeter, giving a shower type pattern, and lowering the pressure for injection. Turn it the other way and all the water comes out the nozzle.

6193 - $8.55

1282 - $11.27

1013 - $14.94

Mounts on the end of your lance. With a 1/4" QC on the outlet you can change tips. When you turn this, it opens around the perimeter, giving a shower type pattern, and lowering the pressure for injection. Turn it the other way and all the water comes out the nozzle.

6193 - $8.55

1282 - $11.27

1013 - $14.94

Russ:

What are the nozzles that you flip over to go from one nozzle to the other? I have one, just can't recall what it's called. You can put one size in one hole, another size (like a soap tip) in the other. Flip it over one way to soap, the other for higher pressure. Works with a ball bearing inside.

Seen it! Legs and all. It was a custom made job for a guy that sells screen printed shirts from the back of a van. The entire 8ft shelving unit was mounted to a pair of rail that slid out the back of a van. I know it sounds like it's not in the same leaque, bvut if you saw this stack of inventory it was at least 1000lbs. Myself and another dad even commented about the load that that roller system had to bear.

If this comes through viewable, the ascii art below will show a diagram of how to make it. O's are rollers, S is a stop, and the underscores are angle steel. For pics on how to make the rails and rollers, search for "Portable sawmill". The use very similar rails and rollers to move 800lb sawmills over stationary logs. I would estimate iyou could have it made for about $3-500 welded and unpainted.

O_______S________________________|__

O

Seen it! Legs and all. It was a custom made job for a guy that sells screen printed shirts from the back of a van. The entire 8ft shelving unit was mounted to a pair of rail that slid out the back of a van. I know it sounds like it's not in the same leaque, bvut if you saw this stack of inventory it was at least 1000lbs. Myself and another dad even commented about the load that that roller system had to bear.

If this comes through viewable, the ascii art below will show a diagram of how to make it. O's are rollers, S is a stop, and the underscores are angle steel. The periods are substitutes for spaces. For pics on how to make the rails and rollers, search for "Portable sawmill". The use very similar rails and rollers to move 800lb sawmills over stationary logs. I would estimate you could have it made for about $3-500 welded and unpainted.

O_______S________________________|__

.................................................................O

Thanks Philip,

I am thinking about designing one and having it made using 8-10 gauge steel to support the skid unit.

I haven't been able to find much in the way of shorter systems to accomodate the skid only and not the entire cargo area online.

Rod!~

A chem/film that you can spray on a house to protect it from overspray from stain. when the deck is dry, the homeowner can just peel it off.

jarrod you can try diluted liquid laundry detergent, I think around like 4:1 with water. I know it works for deck coatings. the detergent creates a film that coatings will not stick to, and then you can rinse off when done.