Sign in to follow this  
Hydroservices

My new brochure and flyer - take a look!

Why, is that wrong?

You've never been to Louisiana, have you?

That's too funny!!

I know where you coming from brother with myself growing up near Henderson swamps/Cecilia area.I've spend lots of time at the camp,hunting,fishing,alligator trappig,frogging you name it!

Sorry off topic

I think I agree with Lance on this, the flyer is the property of the person that contracted the service. Being said, I could see both parties being aggitated. Just a different form of "lowballing".

Some companies in KBX's line of work keep all rights to the art and the buyer is buying the time to manufacture and layout the work and the use of the finished product.

KBK designed the publication. He sold a version of it containing company specific info to a particular buyer. The original artwork, I would think is still his. He makes his living doing this.

I'm glad you are asking if you can use it, most just take without asking.

Beth

...time for :cup:

Obviously this is something I'll need to address concretely in the future on my website, etc. I look at it this way.... if you get the OK from a colleague to use a design I did for them, fine, it's bought and paid for and you're sharing the wealth. However, if it's just being ripped off the internet or such, not cool. Taking credit for one of my designs is another thing entirely and is punishable by public ridicule (i.e. tar & feather or being called on it on this very forum).

ALSO, keep in mind, if the file that is stolen off the internet is sent to print or such, it WILL print like crap as it isn't a print quality file.

This all comes down to a matter of personal integrity which 99% of you definitley have in spades. I am very happy to offer my quality services at affordable rates and will continue to do so. A situation like the one in this thread is inevitable, as I've seen many similar instances during my years in the advertising business.

Where there's meat there's vultures (or something like that).

Exact design infringement is one thing...slogan claim is another.

Who's saying they came up with the slogan and when??

I've seen it floating around my parts at least 15 years ago before I was in pressure cleaning business but in traditional janitorial business. The star bursts and other objects are all free clip art objects people been using since Win 3.1 days....

Exact design infringement is one thing...slogan claim is another.

Who's saying they came up with the slogan and when??

I've seen it floating around my parts at least 15 years ago before I was in pressure cleaning business but in traditional janitorial business. The star bursts and other objects are all free clip art objects people been using since Win 3.1 days....

The problem is that it is just sleazy to take another contractor's literature, created for him by a professional (and top notch) graphic designer, make minor changes to it, add your logo, and then post it online claiming to have designed it yourself!!! Not to mention, stupid, since the guy who designed it frequents this board. There may not (then again, there may) be anything illegal about it...but it is just sleazy.

The problem is that it is just sleazy to take another contractor's literature, created for him by a professional (and top notch) graphic designer, make minor changes to it, add your logo, and then post it online claiming to have designed it yourself!!! Not to mention, stupid, since the guy who designed it frequents this board. There may not (then again, there may) be anything illegal about it...but it is just sleazy.

The word of the day is....sleazy.

Beth

:cup: on cup #1 :cup:

Well, I drink what's on sale in the stores...but I like it mild rather than too strong. If the Starbucks beans are on sale I'll get them, if not, oh well... Only drink it in the morning. I'm not an all day coffee drinker. I also like my coffee with cream and sugar.

Beth

Well, I drink what's on sale in the stores...but I like it mild rather than too strong. If the Starbucks beans are on sale I'll get them, if not, oh well... Only drink it in the morning. I'm not an all day coffee drinker. I also like my coffee with cream and sugar.

Beth

If you have a publix up there, the Publix brand of Premium coffee is identical to the Starbucks brand...likely made by Starbucks and sold under the Publix Brand. I like the French Roast, and it is about $4.00 cheaper per bag.

Jim....I can't. :D

Beth, I'll have to send you some good stuff, (I use to sell it). I have had blind taste tests against all of the big name brands and a whole bunch of no-names. Never lost one. Email me your mailing address and I'll mail you some if you want....

Beth, don't let him send you anything that tastes that good if you can't easily get more of it.

:D

Some friends of ours went to Hawaii a while back and brought me a big ol' bag of pure Kona right off of the farm. Great stuff, but the way I go through coffee I'm not going to foot the bill to keep myself supplied.

So now I sit around and mope and remember the good ol' days.

And stick to my fresh ground 8 O'clock Bean french roast.

Anthony , you dont sell coffee anymore let it go. youv'e got to let it go."think grease".Starbucks does not package for any one else. especially publix.I hate starbucks.....well.......its addicting.

Well, whoever is packaging for Publix, they've done a GREAT job of imitating Starbucks to a T.

Did/do you work for Starbucks, or have some inside contacts?

I would think that even if they DID package for store brands, they wouldn't want that information out. Just curious how you'd know that.

Keith of KBX

Your work is tremedous. You do some really nice quality stuff at very reasonable prices. When the time comes you will be on the short list for graphic designers.

By the way. What would it cost to get my logo and contact info on that black and white 'home bath' flyer and sent to me on a file that I can get some good quality prints from.

Thanks in advance.

Keith of KBX

Your work is tremedous. You do some really nice quality stuff at very reasonable prices. When the time comes you will be on the short list for graphic designers.

By the way. What would it cost to get my logo and contact info on that black and white 'home bath' flyer and sent to me on a file that I can get some good quality prints from.

Thanks in advance.

Probably best to email him. kbkgraphx@runbox.com

www.kbkgraphx.com

Hello everyone, sorry if I don't post enough, as you guessed I'm always very busy and plus sometimes I feel a little guilty if I give myself too much free advertising by posting and such. I have a rotating banner ad somewhere on TGS.

ALSO, anyone interested in doing business, please contact me by email: kbkgraphx@runbox.com ...or by phone 216-338-3635 ...I prefer to keep any business dealings/correspondence confidential and not so out in the open as here on this forum (especially in a non-vendor section).