Sign in to follow this  
CLASSICPW

Hot water issues

I just bought a great rig from Scott(Flimmy) off this forum and I've never been happier. It's a Hydrotek 3000 psi 5 gpm deisel fired unit. I fired up the burner the other day and no hot water. I tried it again 2 days later and it worked fine. I tried it tonight and it wouldn't work at all. I am not familiar at all with these hot water units. The first 4 times I used it I forgot to turn off the burner before shutting off the engine because i was not used to it. Did I hurt it by doing this? I'm completely illiterate to how these washers work so as we speak I'm doing research, but any help would be appreciated.

Jamie,

Take the rig, and drive up to ACR Products to Tom Vogel's. He's a Hydrotek dealer, and a great guy. Tom can teach you the basics of rig care. He has been a lifesaver to Rod and I before. www.acrproducts.com and tell him we sent you.

Beth

p.s. you could also go to McHenry Equipment in Frederick, but since you didn't buy from them, you'll end up at the back of the line.

Try checking your pressure switch...probably coming off the bottom of the unloader valve. Little buggers have a tendency to crap out on you. Should be able to put a multi-meter across the contacts and check for continuity.

Start with the simplest. Double check your fuel level.

Yep, and top it off just to be sure. Mine craps out when there is 2" of fuel in an 10" deep tank.

Yep, and top it off just to be sure. Mine craps out when there is 2" of fuel in an 10" deep tank.

Yes! We hate that! Hose is too short in the tank to get all the fuel!

And as also mentioned in this thread always carry a multimeter.

Beth

Loose wire on mine killed the heat while working. I dont know which one to tell you to check , but my PW mechanic up the road checked 2 things and it was a loose wire in the harness and put new wire nut and it was fine

Check all the electrical reset buttons. Sometimes when you shut down without turning off the burner it will just kick out. Just a button push fix.

Is that what ended up being wrong with yours?