Sign in to follow this  
Guest sprayclean2

9½ hours to do a house wash?

Question

Guest sprayclean2

Hello,

My second washed house was a single level, vinyl sided and 1500 square feet. When the job was done the siding was “white glove clean” top to bottom and the aluminum fascia and gutters sparkled white.

Commercial siding cleaner was applied with an x-jet at the ratio recommended from the chemical distributor. Commercial gutter cleaner was applied and scrubed with a brush. Concerned about getting water behind the siding which I thought had inexpensive backing board, I used about 900 psi to rinse. Using the commercial chemicals, I had expected all the dirt to become loose then use a light rinse. I was wrong, so I hand brushed the entire house and gutters.

It seems I'm missing doing something to make this operation go faster while achieving the same results. I’m wondering… How clean can a dirty house be washed without brushing? Are chemicals supposed to loosen all the dirt so the dirt can be rinsed off with low psi? Maybe I should have used more pressure to rinse instead of brushing? I sure would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions that may help speed up the process. (The +... homeowner was very happy and there was no damage) Thank you.

Equipment:

18 ft brush, 8 ft brush, x-jet, 13hp 4gpm washer, Commercial house wash & gutter chemicals, x-jet, 18 ft telescopic wand not used

84 answers to this question

I know Ken It is killing me too

Really?

I forgot to unsubscribe from this forum and I got a notice of your posts so before I move on to other things let me explain this one last time.

Phil, the guy who wrote the book and the articles, is afraid of computers so I went online and passed along his guidance on his behalf thinking it was good advice. After all I did build the site.

I didn’t know is teachings were so bad and outdated because I never use a pressure washer so I’m not keeping up with the latest techniques.

So when I found out it wasn’t up to par, I deleted the whole thing and apologized to everyone.

That said there are those that don't use pressure washers when they clean many'a things eh folks?..just the same though Louis I think some are out for blood and want to catch you as really not knowing anything or string ya up for unintentional implying.... lol.. :)

Really?

I forgot to unsubscribe from this forum and I got a notice of your posts so before I move on to other things let me explain this one last time.

Phil, the guy who wrote the book and the articles, is afraid of computers so I went online and passed along his guidance on his behalf thinking it was good advice. After all I did build the site.

I didn’t know is teachings were so bad and outdated because I never use a pressure washer so I’m not keeping up with the latest techniques.

So when I found out it wasn’t up to par, I deleted the whole thing and apologized to everyone.

Oh you're such a liar. You said "I use chlorine"....not "I suggest using chlorine" or "some old guy I know uses chlorine". You were clearly trying to pass yourself off as an experienced washer...

Yeah, move on to other things.