Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

Help !

Question

I love to start spinning tales, but I'll keep this one brief. Lady calls, very nice, she says, "We need our roof cleaned. I think we want to get it colored also like our neighbor up the street."

"Pardon"?

"It's wood..shingles, only they are made of wood instead of the plain black kind. We want to get it stained and maybe sealed"

Oh geeze, you gotta laugh. So I get the address and here it is. I have done exactly two cedar shake roofs in my life and combined they weren't this big.

I wasn't even sure how to measure this. I am guessing it is about 7000+ sf of wood. Around the back are three levels of awesome masonry balconies that run the length of the home. Each of these has its own roof as well. The width of the home is about a hundred feet.

Those that have more experience with this type of roofing (Rod, Shane etc)

•What would be a fair charge per square. I did the others for $4. Is this a reasonable number on a roof?

• I cleaned the others like I would a deck. EFC-38 and brightener applied via X-Jet. Maybe this one is a call for bleach?

I had to go acrossed the street and put my camera to panoramic mode to fit the house in end to end. Around back they are having a pool built so I couldn't get pictures but it is a mirror of the front with multi tier gables etc.

Rick, you sure you don't want to come out and help me tackle this bear?]

post-581-137772157937_thumb.jpg

post-581-13777215794_thumb.jpg

10 answers to this question

Wow!! Is that a house or a hotel? I know what I would do with this one. "Mame, I'm afraid that currently I haven't the schedule availably, or the man power to take on a project of this magnitude. Good luck with it". Then again I'm not a wood guy. You woodies seem to thrive on the impossible.

Celeste, I forgot you guys do them. Any words of wisdom? I am thinking four guys, a weeks worth of labor, two machines, two lifts, repelling gear. Lance is right, I'll do anything out of the ordinary. I need a good pic for my portfolio. I'm thinking $15k. Would you guys get that down there?

Celeste, I forgot you guys do them. Any words of wisdom? I am thinking four guys, a weeks worth of labor, two machines, two lifts, repelling gear. Lance is right, I'll do anything out of the ordinary. I need a good pic for my portfolio. I'm thinking $15k. Would you guys get that down there?

I dont know wood, but 15K sounds very reasonable, it would cost a lot more to replace it. Wow thats a big place

Good luck

JL

Ken,

Know how you feel on this one, I quoted a 5000 sq mt paving job a few weeks ago, still waiting a reply (House is up for sale a 8 Million Pounds about 12 million dollars)) so they want it cleaned up before it sells.

Messuring took over 2 hours, I have photos if you want to see them, tennis courts, various levels of patio etc, drive is about 100 mts long.

Hope you get it, would look great on the portfollio.

Roger