Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Wrong house

Question

Well I finally did it! Had my guys wash the wrong house. What an idiot!!!!!!!!!

Thankfully it was a small house 1200sq ft, I sent them to 7--- Cypress Keyes, it was suppose to be 7--- Leeward Ln in Cypress Keyes, same neighborhood. The people live out of state and rent it out, I just totally overlooked the leeward part when write up schedule for the day for my crew

What an idiot, I was just going to email an invoice to the people and caught the mistake. This is a 1st , I thought it might happen someday. WELL IT DID:lgbonk: :bullistic

Well I just emailed the customer and told them what happened they probably think Im an idiot too. Someone got a free house wash

What an idiot

Moral of this story, Dont be an idiot!

13 answers to this question

Well I finally did it! Had my guys wash the wrong house. What an idiot!!!!!!!!!

Thankfully it was a small house 1200sq ft, I sent them to 7--- Cypress Keyes, it was suppose to be 7--- Leeward Ln in Cypress Keyes, same neighborhood. The people live out of state and rent it out, I just totally overlooked the leeward part when write up schedule for the day for my crew

What an idiot, I was just going to email an invoice to the people and caught the mistake. This is a 1st , I thought it might happen someday. WELL IT DID:lgbonk: :bullistic

Well I just emailed the customer and told them what happened they probably think Im an idiot too. Someone got a free house wash

What an idiot

Moral of this story, Dont be an idiot!

Must be the pain meds the doc gave me for a slipped disk. Idiot!!!

A guy that I know whose dance studio was destroyed decided to get in the roofing business to rake in some quick bucks after Katrina. No, he has no roofing experience- He's a dancer.

But how hard can it be, right? You just get contracts, hire a bunch of illegal aliens to do the job, and collect big payola. It all worked fine until he pulled up at the first job and his guys had completely ripped off the roof of the house next door!

He couldn't even blame it on his guys and say that they misunderstood because he grew up in Mexico and speakes Spanish better than English.

He was really dancing when the homeowners got home!

:lgsideway

Hey Jeff

Some days you just can't win. The idea of leaving a card or note is a good idea. Just for the sake of taking it one notch further. When I got started I used to do the odd job for free,as long as I could put my sign on their lawn. That actually got me a fair amount of work.You never know. If you don't ask,you don't get.It may be a blessing in disguise. Thanks for the post. Glad to see we can still laugh at ourselves.

lol...thats funny.

i almost did that once, following the callers directions

without a number on a mailbox, and no one was home.

i hooked up, rolled out and was about to start washing and the neighbor yelled "wrong house" from down the street, glad she did or i wouldve did the same thing.

it was close, it will probably happen at some point here too...ha ha ha, too funny!

hey...thats what you get for giving phone quotes..lol

OK, I'll admit it, I too once did the wrong house. I had been given the right house number, but somehow misread it. The homeowner wasn't supposed to be home and I washed the house. When I was done, I rang the bell (just in case they were home and I could collect) and the homeowner answered. They thought that the homeowners association had ordered the cleaning, so they didn't stop me. I apologized for the mix-up, assured them it was free, and gave them my card and asked them to consider my services next time. (They were very pleased with the work.)

Fast forward 3 years. Last week, I received a call from one of my regulars in this same neighborhood, wanting to schedule his home for cleaning. He informed me that he is now the president of the homeowners association and that they would like a proposal to clean all 125 condos on an annual basis. (These are 1400 sq ft, individual units.) There are several board members that are also regulars, so there should not be a problem getting this passed.

This neighborhood should go a long way toward "filling-out" my Feb schedule. Each unit takes about 30 to 40 minutes - max - to clean and will take even less when we can do them all at once. (I normally charge $150 each, but am thinking $100 per with a contract.

OK, I'll admit it, I too once did the wrong house. I had been given the right house number, but somehow misread it. The homeowner wasn't supposed to be home and I washed the house. When I was done, I rang the bell (just in case they were home and I could collect) and the homeowner answered. They thought that the homeowners association had ordered the cleaning, so they didn't stop me. I apologized for the mix-up, assured them it was free, and gave them my card and asked them to consider my services next time. (They were very pleased with the work.)

Fast forward 3 years. Last week, I received a call from one of my regulars in this same neighborhood, wanting to schedule his home for cleaning. He informed me that he is now the president of the homeowners association and that they would like a proposal to clean all 125 condos on an annual basis. (These are 1400 sq ft, individual units.) There are several board members that are also regulars, so there should not be a problem getting this passed.

This neighborhood should go a long way toward "filling-out" my Feb schedule. Each unit takes about 30 to 40 minutes - max - to clean and will take even less when we can do them all at once. (I normally charge $150 each, but am thinking $100 per with a contract.

That will be a great Feb job good luck

JL

Don't feel bad, it happens to us about once a year. Wrong house number, typo in paperwork, etc. Always a simple wash job, nothing like a deck. I just leave a note and a card explaining the error and reassuring them it was a freebie.

On our most recent one (last year) the homeowner called to complain that we had missed our appt. I called the crew and they told me they were on site. They were, but they were washing the neighors house. Cause? Mailbox location confusion.

I still cannot figure people out: You live in a small, modest neighboorhood of ~75ft wide tree cleared lots. The PW company you hired has failed to show up. However, at precisely the appointed time a well marked truck and trailer from the same PW company just happens to show up and begin washing your neighbors house. How long does it take to realize that it might be a mistake? Why do you not go outside and ask BEFORE you call the company and fuss them out for a no-show?

Go figure..

Hey jeff, I like that moral of the story. 'Dont be an idiot!'

that wood be a good tag line for a lot of companies. I wonder how many companies have trie to charge the wrong house? then persisted trying to get paid.

I did wash a McDs one time. couple days later the manager calls and says why havnt you shown up yet. My first thought was maybe I went to the wrong one? But then she says oh never mind the asst. Mgr saw you there. I was there from 10pm to 5am on this. these places get so much traffic that the oil is back the next day in the drivethrough and she couldnt tell I did it.