Sign in to follow this  
aloha pc

Cleaning gutters

Question

20 answers to this question

Gutter Shock from Rowletts is all I use...GREAT stuff...Makes gutters look AWESOME...check out my before and afters in the photo gallery...the gutters were black.

power House from sunbrite is awsome. Mix it 10:1 and brush it on. Or mix it 5:1 to x jet it on for the high gutters. Same MSDS as gutter shock but cheaper. A five gallon bucket should be enough for all my gutters this year. Works great. Get it on and rinse it off. No waiting.

Hey Lance...do you xjet it or brush it on? What mixture do use for each? I'd like to try it...thanks.

I always apply with a brush. Spraying it on is messy, dangerous and wasteful.

I cut it anywhere from 1:3 to full strength.

Allbrite from Sun Brite Supply, applied with a brush sprayed on full strength. Works great, I have some pictures in the gallery as well. 5 gal will last me all season. I have also uesd purple power and simple green. These work well in a pinch, when I mess up and run out of Allbrite on the job.

Has anyone tried the new gutter grinade from pressur tek? Sounds good, but I would love some feedback from anyone who has tried it.
I've got some I'm waiting to try. Its been out for awhile. Under different names. For a housewash ingredient and for gutters. It's potassium hydroxide. cleans differently then butyl and supposedly better. I have'nt had any bad gutters lately. I'm pretty sure people on this forum have used it as f-13 or the previous name. Maybe they will chime in.

i use Gutter Shock from steve rowlett (Rowlett pressure cleaning) works great for me but most gutters i hand scrub. everyone else pretty much have to hand scrub?

I have been using Potassium Hydroxide based products since I was a kid with my dad to clean painted surfaces. I have never stripped paint off of a gutter with F-13.

Potassium Hydroxide based products are more safe than Glycol Ester (butyl) based products.

I had a potassium hydroxide based cleaner that must have been very potent. I mixed it according to manufacturer directions and paint came off gutter in one swipe. F-13 I'm sure is a good product. Dan mixes his own chemicals.

The only time you risk removing the paint from the gutters is under two scenarios.

The home owner has repainted the gutter over the factory finish or the oxidation in the paint is completely through the finish.

This is how F-13 works by removing the oxidation layer of the paint where the black streaks are locked in and leaving the gutters shiny because it has removed the oxidation.