Well, wadda ya think? ;)

[b]What do you think of The Grime Scene's new Home Page?[/b]  

35 members have voted

1. 1. [b]What do you think of The Grime Scene's new Home Page?[/b]

• Love it, can't wait to see more added
    • Like it, looking forward to more changes
    • Don't care for it, wish it was the old style

Question

It's not done, but we hope you are getting the feel for the new look at TGS. If you have not been to the new home page click www.thegrimescene.com to see it.

We want to know what you think so far. Bear in mind it's not finished, nor are all the features set up yet.

Please vote and let us know....

Beth & Rod

Administrators:cool: :cool:

24 answers to this question

Thanks Reed,

The hosting company is doing some server changing today so we may feel a little bump as they do. If it is still slow afterwards, we'll address it.

We are also looking at other hosting companies. We hope to improve the speed, regardless of if the current host is able to with the changes they are going through. Please let us know if you hit any other bumps.

Hope you enjoy the board!

Beth & Rod

So far ahead of the rest of them it stands out as the BEST LITTLE BBS on the Net!

Super good, more to come? BRING IT ON.

PS: Mike Hughes if your reading this your board is exempt from my remark above:)

Well, it loads OK on my Mac but I am finding the buttons taking really wierd space on my Safari browser. The look is very Mac though so I am grooving on it. Look forward to the updates and improvements.

Cheers

its a lot slower which you are addressing i know and i know that the old colors were easier on the eyes.....white i find a little glaring with so much space on the screen.

i like the fact that there is no 1 2 3 4 5 last page and you don't have to keep loading page after page after....

i wish you had a quick reply box..having said that it is one of my favorite bbs's. :club:

Originally posted by paul-uk

its a lot slower which you are addressing i know and i know that the old colors were easier on the eyes.....white i find a little glaring with so much space on the screen.

i like the fact that there is no 1 2 3 4 5 last page and you don't have to keep loading page after page after....

i wish you had a quick reply box..having said that it is one of my favorite bbs's. :club:

Quick Reply is back. ;)

Paul the color is ok, not a bright white but white yes, a very little hint of blue in it might help but remember it is not easy to get different shades of white.

Just wear your dark glasses!!

The first couple days the blue was BRIGHT but then you eyes adjusted to it and it is truly a nice soft color to have now.

jon..yeh i agree its looks ok......but the other colour was better on your eyes...just my opinion.

JOgden...tnks for the q\reply box :) .....the only other prob i have(just noticed it) is i run my screen at 800 b 600 and the posts are just off my screen to the right which cuts off the last word of each line...unless i can shorten the author box myself ??

cheers paul.

Still is not as quick as when this board first appeared. It is a little better. I know it is not this laptop I am on, this thing is as fast as a raped ape goin up a tree.:D

I am looking forward to all you have planned for the board. The speed definately needs to be addressed though, it's even sluggish w/ a high speed connection.

This thread was from when we were on version 2.x, and was referring to just after the site was integrated with other solutions.

As for the features in 3.0 that allow users to change the look, see the user notes in Hear Ye Hear Ye. I think you'll be pleased to see how robust this version is....but then, I suspect you already know that... ;)

Beth:groovy: