Sign in to follow this  
mdspowerwashing

What is the biggest power washing job you have ever done?

Question

Just wondering what the biggest job anyone has done to date. This questions can be taken differently, but basically, the largest job you remember doing. How long did the job take? Good/bad money? How did the job go? Issues(stuff breaking)?

I guess the reason I'm asking is because I'm placing a bid on doing 140 townhomes and 166 condos for a Homeowner/condominium assocciation. Total of 306 units. Has anyone here completed a job of this magnitude?

I'm giving the property manager my bid on Friday, and I'm confident I will get the job. I've talked to several people about this job, and have recieved very valuable information on avoiding potential problems. I'll keep everyone posted if I do land this job, It will definitly be the largest scale job I'll ever have done! It definitly would be awesome to have in my portfolio too!

11 answers to this question

Every day & night, about a half million ft. or more. sorry matt, dont do any homes except new construction.

mostly large custom homes.

Its really just the same as one just your doing them all at once or as fast as you can.

Logistics can be a factor.

Hey Matt, I hope you get it. Call me if you need help, I'm slooooow. Biggest job I did was 4 two story apartment buildings this summer (1st year full time) I made good money, and it took 3 days by myself, did all the walkways too. Nothing the size of the job you bid, but I do have a bid out to wash buildings and clean out gutters of 36 two story apartments and 26 detached garages. Biggest ones are 14 units, smallest is 8 units. Huge, huge job for me. But I don't know if I got it yet, but I'm hopeful. The money involved in a job this size is mind blowing when your not used to it.

each guy can do about 28 to 35 g's a nite. I have 23 people, I have 5 sub contractors and one guy that just does shopping centers. (he does not work exclusive for me)

I can give anyone a reference with in a 1/4 mile of there location. If i cannot i will do there location free.

Scott Stone has been to lunch with my sales people, subs and office gals in the past. Scott occasionally comes by my house.

I have had round tables in the past and Jon from oasis has also visited and met my staff.

all my competitors know my yellow equipment & old ford trucks.

I also rent machines to the local dealer and industry. 185 per night or 825.00 per week.. water jets 30 a day. I have 5 rentals but usally 3 are always rented.

Just wondering what the biggest job anyone has done to date. This questions can be taken differently, but basically, the largest job you remember doing. How long did the job take? Good/bad money? How did the job go? Issues(stuff breaking)?

I guess the reason I'm asking is because I'm placing a bid on doing 140 townhomes and 166 condos for a Homeowner/condominium assocciation. Total of 306 units. Has anyone here completed a job of this magnitude?

I'm giving the property manager my bid on Friday, and I'm confident I will get the job. I've talked to several people about this job, and have recieved very valuable information on avoiding potential problems. I'll keep everyone posted if I do land this job, It will definitly be the largest scale job I'll ever have done! It definitly would be awesome to have in my portfolio too!

Matt,

I regularly do condo complexes. I do from 2 buildings to 40+ buildings probably at least 30-35 weeks a year. The market for condo work is very competitive around here, but even at competitive rates they are real profitable. Since I do them so much I do them quick and usually quicker than any my competition. On the larger complexes I run anywhere from 2-4 machines and we roll right through them.

Condo complexes are nothing but big homes and you wash it the same as a home. There are some precautions that need to be taken thou, such as Exit lights, fire pull stations & alarms they dont like water & chem sometimes, so make sure you cover them with plastic & tape. The complex we are doing now 43 buildings some of them have lighted exit signs and we cover them, the contractor that did them the last time did not cover the exit signs and the chem messed the wiring up and it cost the HOA almost $4000 to replace signs and labor.

In my proposal/contracts I try to cover my a-- on everything that could go wrong, such as water leaks due to poor or faulty building construction & materials, improper maintenance etc. I state thats its the residents responsibility to have all work areas clear etc etc

HOA's and their homeowners can be difficult, because around here there's a lot crappy contractors or you have some residents that are just PITA's. so make sure you cover your a--

If you have any questions give me a call and I hope you land this project and many more like it. Remember its nothing more than a big house

Check into gutter cleaning of these complexes its real good money on larger complexes, especially if you can walk the roofs

Hope you get it, tell us how it goes

Jeff