Sign in to follow this  
Dan Stapleton

Its white hot

Question

16 answers to this question

I had the worst charlie horse in both legs yesterday. I had had at least a half gallon of gatorade and almost a gallon of water.

Today I ate a bunch of fruit too. But its hard to eat when your drinking that much.

My wife got me some liquid minerals from The Vitamin Shop.

It is supposed to replace the electrolytes that you lose. It's not possible to drink enough Gatorade to replace all that I'm sweating out.

All I wear is a pair of those and an XS mesh tank top from March-November.

I always pictured you as more of a 'union jack' print speedos kind of a guy. :lgbounces

8 am it was 89 degrees without a speck of a breeze, soaking wet with sweat in 2 minutes. It slows things down that for sure. I tell my guys to keep the water in them even if they have to take a break every half hour. I bought them little coolers so they have them near them so they aren't always walking back to the truck.

Got to love the summer in the south.

Be careful everyone it can catch up to you quick

JL

I love the look of a homeowner when they open that sliding door and they see this guy in a respirator that smells like mineral spirits with sweat dripping off his nose and a T-shirt plastered to his body. They always sort of look around wondering what happened to the clean cut guy that sold them the job. I have had a bunch of them ask, "Is the boss around?" I must look like a psycho LOL

We've been in the 90's with humidity in the 85%+ range and little to no breeze. The heat just hangs on you and feels like your being steam cooked. I sweat so much that by the time I get back into the vehicle, my shirt and pants are literally dripping wet. We go through several gallons of water and frequent wet down sessions just to lower our body temps from working on these decks. Avg. temp on the deck has been between 110*-115* while the ambient temp is 95* out on the grass.

The dog days ... ... ... ... ... are here~:`

Rod!~

I always pictured you as more of a 'union jack' print speedos kind of a guy. :lgbounces

You'll see when I come back down there in October.

I'll be sure that all of your neighbors do, too.

This must be the "Babies" forum.

You're alive and making money. Be happy.

Babies? 100 degree plus is at least uncomfortable and can be dangerous. This is a place where we can vent and relate then you make a post like this. What a ****.

Craig must be related to the human torch if the heat is not getting to him. (ouch, don't stand so close dude! Flame.....OFF! ) ;)

Today's temp's are going up over 100* and with the humidity at 85%, it is going to be feeling like 120*. I am not looking forward to this week as it is supposed to be this way through thursday...my crews are looking a bit wilted.

Time to be like a camel and drink water till it comes out the other end.

Stay hydrated out there! Every 15 minutes drink water and take a cool down session by wetting your extremities (arms and legs) which helps the blood cool faster. Either wear a cap or wet your head or both to keep it cool too. This helps to avoid a heat stroke.

Rod!~