Sign in to follow this  
EnviroClean

Who is going to PWNA throwdown in October?

Wave it my way, too.

I have been thinking about it, but am lost when I consider all the options.

I need to check with my state fire marshall, I guess.

Holly smokes!!! Hey watch out someone has hacked into the system, there were several posts deleted here!!!!!

Mr. Bryan your offer is very generous. But do you mean to tell me I will not be successful in business unless I join your club???

Thank you Mr. Ken. Now for my first act as a qualified kitchen exhaust cleaner, I am selling all my gear...your other post really hit home I never thought about the long hours and the bitter cold. My business is just not going anywhere..if only there was an or........never mind.

Jason,

No you don't need to join the *****,PWNA or any other org. to be successful. Any org. that you do join you would need to put in the effort to get out the max benefits that these org's offer.

Knowing the Hindeliters like the way I do I would say there org. is a good one. I may join them myself one day. Today I'm very happy being a PWNA member but being a member of more then one org. can't hurt any business.

As for the PWNA I'm not going to try to sell them to you by garanteeing that if you don't like them I will pay you back your membership fee. Thats a real generous offer that Matt Bryan has offered you but once again I can only tell you that if you don't put in any effort with an org. then joining any of them will be not worth it and Matt will be refunding your $$$. THis is the best that I can offer you about org's.

Good Luck.

believe me joining the right ones can help, Grant turned me on to the restaraunt org local here in phx and its the best money ever spent. BOMA's marketing has done nothing but put green money in my pocket.

As silly as it sounds they want to see you supporting your industry. many of the applications have you list your industry orgs you support. pretty silly filling one of those out and have your profile read (NONE)

Your closer to the *****. PWNA & ***** are alittle different. benifits exist from both. I do not believe they would regognize the phil cert. they promote i the other guys, like PWNA promotes phil.

I believe it would be one in the same, both have no great benifit except what you can make work.

keep in mind your competition may already be promoting one. use that one since customers will be familiar.

I expect an org to:

• Increase customer awareness in key markets via advertising. The PWNA seems to be working on this by having their C.A.A. campaigns so that's a good thing. Much more can be done.

• Provide avenues of cheaper insurance, accounting and legal assistance.

• Use group strength to campaign for better standards. This doesn't mean to just offer courses and hope everyone signs up. I am talking about vollying for changes in legislation and keping me informed of changes that can affect the way I make profit.

• Offer group buying power as a way for me to recoup membership fees. Tell me that all ABCA members get a 20% discount on cleaning products and that will get my attention.

• Offer a unified group atmosphere as opposed to an ego filled clique that encourages new members not chastises or belittles those that choose not to buy in blindly (not pointing any fingers just something I would seek in an org)

• Have an organized governing group that is uniform in both their agenda and execution. I would like to see both short and long term business plans not just a "wing it as you go" method.

• Solicitation of major commercial work that is exclusive to members. Again the PWNA has touched on this so kudos to them for that.

I think an org can help a business tremendously when executed right. My former employer/partners were always PWNA members so I joined as well. I got a sticker and used their logo for what that was worth before I was forced into looking closely at the organization and found it lacking in so many areas. I still have faith that they can pull themselves up and make it a respectable part of this business. When they do that, I would be happy to join again. This ain't gonna sit well with some people and well, I could care less about that, but I still get the newsletters and emails and its always the same faces. I think this is what turns many people off. The PWNA in my experience needs to stop acting like an entity and start acting like a neutral voice of its membership. I respect and and admire the people that have put their time into the PWNA. It's time to sink or swim. Sh*t or get off the pot.

Jason you need to start your own org down there or maybe a chapter of an existing one. For the time being, bro, if you listen to one piece of advice..stop worrying about what all of these teachers and schools are offering. You have enough knowlege at this point to get out there and start making some money. When you get EnviroClean runing successfully you can then move forward to changing the standards on the island and in the Caribean as a whole. Getting some local greasy spoon to recognize the new standard happens account by account..one by one. Time to put the food on the table. Now I am going to call and harass you further.

Jason,

We have roller coastered with our membership in the PWNA for years now. It's helped, they've aggravated me, the list goes on. Bottom line, you get out of it what you want to.

Here's what I'm getting at - IF you think that joining would be a good marketing strategy for you, go for it. IF you think that you can offer something of value to the organization, join the list of volunteers and make a difference. Offer translation, plain and simple. Problem solved. It's probably not something that is out of the realm of possibility, getting the stuff into the Spanish language - it may be that you are the first person to bring it to the top of the pot :)

Celeste

Spanish or no Spanish Jason, I am advising that you stay away from the PWNA and there are many who will back me up on this. You can search this and other boards for information on the PWNA and you will begin to see the light.

I have been looking in to the ***** and it looks like the have it all, use your money there, I don't think you will regret it. In fact if you join the ***** instead of the PWNA and you don't like it, I will personally refund your money, hows that?

Hay Matt,

is the refund offer for all of us? LOL

Jason,

We have roller coastered with our membership in the PWNA for years now. It's helped, they've aggravated me, the list goes on. Bottom line, you get out of it what you want to.

Here's what I'm getting at - IF you think that joining would be a good marketing strategy for you, go for it. IF you think that you can offer something of value to the organization, join the list of volunteers and make a difference. Offer translation, plain and simple. Problem solved. It's probably not something that is out of the realm of possibility, getting the stuff into the Spanish language - it may be that you are the first person to bring it to the top of the pot :)

Celeste

Jason.. I think Ken's post summarzed the thead well. My personal experience somewhat echos what Celeste has written. There are no perfect orgs.... There seems to be some contractors perceptions that certain members are untouchable or cliquey due to thier stature in the industry or contribution to the industry... It is what it Is!

If you are looking for cheap ways to give validity to your business, start wth the online course for Woolmans Certified contractor. It is free, It is a national known product line, and they give you free product for completng the certification.

My advise to you is this... Join an org when the time is right and have your own personal agenda mapped out when you do. Most have a personal agenda to execute and this compliments what has been written in this thread "you get out of an org what ypu put into it".

Use of the Logo is a plus with Marketing. Woolmans, ReadtSeal, PWNA. VISA, Mastercard are just a few of the logos on my website. They all carry meaning, but remember this...., The importance of the Logos to your customers relys mostly on your ability to educate them on the importance of having the certifications during your interaction with them.

Good Luck!!

As far s the PWNA get together in the fall... If you have the $$$$$... Go, you will learn a lot

Can somebody tell me why there are ads for online dating on this board? If I wanted to have cybersex, this is not the place I would expect to come to do it.