Sign in to follow this  
Celeste

PWWSS (Power Washing Wives Support System) Forum?

Should a forum be started for wives/partners as another means of supporting your biz?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should a forum be started for wives/partners as another means of supporting your biz?

• Yes - I think my spouse/partner would benefit from this type of forum
    • No, I don't want to share my Grime Scene world with my wife/partner

Question

Okay folks - this idea has been touched upon in another thread and given the number of guys who have gone fulltime, either by choice or circumstance, I think that this may be a forum worth pursuing.

A support system for wives of power washers - this would be a forum where the women in the business could support one another. Many of us have to deal with "stuff" that you busy fellows may not realize. It would also provide a place where we can share tips and tricks of how to manage business & personal lives without wanting to kill the other :)

Please vote!

36 answers to this question

A place for the wives to come and ***** about us, great! No, I'm kidding Celeste. This is an excellent idea and I knew you would pursue it, gimmie a high five. But I know if there is guys frequenting the forum some women won't feel comfortable to post, and even worse if some guys are posting on there and treating it like a dating service. Is there anyway to keep it just for women? A no guys allowed sort of thing?

My goal for this forum would be for it to be an educational place that all businesses could benefit from, however, for the wives that participated, it would give them a group that could provide much needed estrogen support. I would really hope that it didn't become a place for wives to whine as much as it would be for them to ask questions about how to manage or handle circumstances.

This concept definitely needs further thought and input on - so vote and input!

Celeste

I know my wife, and I really know her schedule. Even though I think that she might benefit from it, there is no way in the world that she would even think about being actively involved in it. As she says, for her the internet accomplishes two things. The first is spending money, (which she does in prodigious amounts) and the other is planning vacations. (ditto)

Same boat as Scott. I have tried to show Christine some things on here to get her interested (she is the vice president of the company after all) but she just makes a face and says..

"Why does he call himself Seymore if his name is Shane"? LOL Like a doe in the headlights. (Shane I told her why and she cracked up)

My wife is VP as well and I doubt she would visit the site, Okay I am sure she wouldnt visit. Pw just isnt her thing and thats fine for me.

Good idea though Celeste!!!!

I think thats the idea.They will have a forum to talk about what its like being a pw wife. My wife is heavily involved with everything but the actual labor.

My Boss, er wife thinks I am just playing here, every once in a while she'll look over my shoulder to make sure I am not asking some gal out. She spends her free time watching HGTV...while you were out...we realy screwed your house up.

I just asked my wife if she would participate, instead of just assuming she would. She said "hell yea, if it's going to make your ass worth more." She's so funny.

Is this going to be like that man hating channel TLC, If Farrah Fawcett and all those other has been actresses show up and start blaming us for everything, I'm out of here LOL only kidding!

JL

Maybe we should take the approach of - if your wives have support, maybe they can support you and your business better. I, for one, in the early stages, really enjoyed reading about how to do this or that in the business. The bbs's, although very testosterone ridden, allowed us to learn things that definitely put us ahead of our local crowd. I would not dream of speaking for Roger & Rod, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they have a pretty good understanding of how important a role Beth and I play in our respective companies. We simply would like to assist other wives who might want or need direction somewhere to comfortably ask :)

Celeste

...I'd like to Seymore done on this subject as well to help the women. Butt man, it's tough to just get a bunch of gals to start posting that have never done it before.

it's tough to just get a bunch of gals to start posting that have never done it before.

This is part of my exact point - the boards are full of men, making it more of a man's world. Before anyone pops me for thinking I'm making this a man vs. woman thing, what I'm trying to say is that there are a gracious plenty women who could contribute to this support type system and not be "involved" in the conversations that so many of you enjoy :)

Something else to consider is that there are wives that are part of pressure washing companies that may not necessarily work with the husband but are in fields where their expertise may apply. We would love to find somebody who's significant other may be an expert with QuickBooks (to help Jeff) or a trauma nurse (to advise on butt sodium hydroxide burns LOL). See what I'm getting at?

Celeste

I think it would be very beneficial for wife to go on this forum. This business has been my dream since I was 15. I saw an infomercial on how to start a business and they had a guy on there that was stating he got rich within a couple months by doing powerwashing. I know this is not so. My wife from the start has stated that it is your business and dream and do what you need to do and she would support me. I took her along with me on the last couple of jobs and she hates the manual part of the business but she liked doing the bids and going out to get jobs. She is getting pretty excited about the business. I think it would be very beneficial if she participated in this forum for knowledge on the proper way to do things. Having a womens support system would be beneficial also.

...I'd like to Seymore done on this subject as well to help the women. Butt man, it's tough to just get a bunch of gals to start posting that have never done it before.

LMFAO! :sinister: :sinister: :sinister: :sinister: :lolsign: wooooooooooooooooosh, was that a plane?

Women belong at home barefoot and pregnant. The only way to get them more involved is to ard these pages with ads for beauty products and cooking supplies.

Let's see if that gets some response.

You forgot purses and SHOES.

Jon,

I am originaly from Romania. Came to this great country 20 years ago when I was seven years old. I am now just chasing the American dream. Since we are on the topic of wives, wife is Norwegian daughter is half Mexican son is half German. We are a mutt family. Sorry to change the topic.