Sign in to follow this  
Celeste

PWWSS (Power Washing Wives Support System) Forum?

Should a forum be started for wives/partners as another means of supporting your biz?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should a forum be started for wives/partners as another means of supporting your biz?

• Yes - I think my spouse/partner would benefit from this type of forum
    • No, I don't want to share my Grime Scene world with my wife/partner

Question

Okay folks - this idea has been touched upon in another thread and given the number of guys who have gone fulltime, either by choice or circumstance, I think that this may be a forum worth pursuing.

A support system for wives of power washers - this would be a forum where the women in the business could support one another. Many of us have to deal with "stuff" that you busy fellows may not realize. It would also provide a place where we can share tips and tricks of how to manage business & personal lives without wanting to kill the other :)

Please vote!

36 answers to this question

wooooooooooooooooosh, was that a plane?

No, that was how the women in the forum will respond to the typical smarta$$ remarks that were brought up in earlier posts :) Or it could get put on the weight watchers plan again to get back to the issue at hand.

Many husband/wife teams are in todays business scope and the difficulties they face in business can also add to the challenges they will face in their relationship.

I will be the first to state that each of us brings a valuable skill to the table and without the other we would surely have struggled to keep up. The office work, the phone calls, the responsibilities of staying in business, the employees, the ordering, the scheduling, the research, would all fall on one person and that is a big pair of shoes to fill. Beth brings a skill set and I bring another skill set. They compliment each other well, but the one thing that makes it all work is Communication!

This is the basis of the support group here to help communicate amongst the ones who don't really get the chance to talk to others who are going through or have gone through some tough times and need help to navigate their way in order to keep on going.

Some couples have come to the point that work is all they talk about and talking about their relationship comes a distant second if at all. This is a terrible thing to have happen because a business can ruin what would otherwise have been a great marriage.

Open your minds and share your experiences, how you handled them and what you think you could have done differently in retrospect.

This is a great use of TGS. All kidding aside, this is actually quite a serious venture here and we would appreciate it if all could take some time and perhaps realize that this could be a significant turning point for those who really need it.

Let's continue in the spirit of helpfulness, it is hard enough for some people to come forward as it is.

Rod!~

I wish my wife would be interested in the business it would be a huge help. I could spend more time growing my business instead of billing and paperwork and my mailings.

Seems it would be a great forum for those in business with there other half.

I how ever do not involve my wife in the business, she does her thing and I do mine.

I can see this would be a great forum for those who are really running the business with spouse.

Seems it would be a great forum for those in business with there other half.

I how ever do not involve my wife in the business, she does her thing and I do mine.

I can see this would be a great forum for those who are really running the business with spouse.

Thats how it is with my wife.

She doesnt show the drive I have for this biz, she's supportive but she doesn't step up so I leave it like that. She a great wife, mother etc but just not a biz partner and I'm pretty sure I like it like that.

JL

I think it's a great idea for those who might be interested.

My wife however, has a more-than-full-time career herself, and is on the board of a couple charitable orgs. Today is Saturday, and she'll leave by 9:00 AM, and probably not get back until around 6:00, and this is her day off work, but helping out the local Humane Society. It's not that she's not interested in this biz, just has no time for it.

Thats how it is with my wife.

She doesnt show the drive I have for this biz, she's supportive but she doesn't step up so I leave it like that. She a great wife, mother etc but just not a biz partner and I'm pretty sure I like it like that.

JL

Thats similiar to how my wife and I are except that My wife makes all of my calls and she did enjoy the PWNA Ohio Convention in 05. She is pressuring me to take her to the PWNA Arizona Convention in March 07 since I took one of my guys to the Memphis Convention in 06. I think my wife like going to these conventions the most because she doesnt have to watch the kids or get up early. It like a getaway vacation for her. Maybe I'll take her away again to a far away land where neither one of us have to do..squat.