-Traffic Rank for : No Data for Pressurewashinginstitute.com

Other Ranks according to Alexa::::

PWNATraffic Rank for pwna.org: 1,255,048

IWCA Traffic Rank for iwca.org: 1,028,624

Boma Traffic Rank for boma.org: 487,720

My Website www.cleancounty.com Traffic Rank for cleancounty.com: 3,605,665

33 answers to this question

showthread.php?p=75365&posted=1#post75365

If you look the traffic is very close and in the last weeks *** is ahead by a small margin. that could change tomorrow.

Over all TGS has been more successful primarly do to being a free site with no outside vendors or donations. Hats off to the new admin for bringing life back to the site.

The only site on the web owned and operated solely by Pressure cleaners.

www.pressurewashinginstitute.com

:dancing: TGS is number one. :banana:

The lower the number, the higher your ranking. Best being #1.....Of those listed we're on top.

And we're just getting better as we go.... ;)

Working on another new item as we speak.... :groovy3:

Beth :cup:

p.s. TGS is owned by contractors, operated by contractors and supported by the industry it serves, in all aspects.

811,945 isnt that number lower than TGS? Thats *** number.

That chart shows the blue is just barely higher today. we know tomorrow it can change.

never disputed that TGS is better, Just isnt winning the traffic in the past weeks.

As i said over all if you look at the chart TGS has been on top for a long while.

traffic doesnt really mean your better, although *** does have the best hood section undisputed.

In my opionion TGS has the best residential and wood forums for sure.

*** has to have the best commercial and industrial assistance just base on the experience of the members.

TGS & *** will remain the leaders. *** because of format & TGS because of your hard work to make it a great place.

I have said many times i find myself posting here often more than ***. (that should say it all)

Ron,

Perhaps then could you explain the difference between "Daily Reach" and "Traffic Rank"? I don't think you and John are comparing the same things.

This is the way we understand it According to Alexa;

Reach measures the number of users. Reach is typically expressed as the percentage of all Internet users who visit a given site. So, for example, if a site like yahoo.com has a reach of 28%, this means that if you took random samples of one million Internet users, you would on average find that 280,000 of them visit yahoo.com. Alexa expresses reach as number of users per million. Alexa's one-week and three-month average reach are measures of daily reach, averaged over the specified time period. The reach rank is a ranking of all sites based solely on their reach. The three-month changes are determined by comparing a site's current reach and reach rank with its values from three month ago.
The traffic rank is based on three months of aggregated historical traffic data from millions of Alexa Toolbar users and is a combined measure of page views and users (reach). As a first step, Alexa computes the reach and number of page views for all sites on the Web on a daily basis. The main Alexa traffic rank is based on the geometric mean of these two quantities averaged over time (so that the rank of a site reflects both the number of users who visit that site as well as the number of pages on the site viewed by those users). The three-month change is determined by comparing the site's current rank with its rank from three months ago. For example, on July 1, the three-month change would show the difference between the rank based on traffic during the first quarter of the year and the rank based on traffic during the second quarter.

www.alexa.com/site/help/traffic_learn_more

We all know your site has been around longer than TGS and that you are proud of it as you have every right to be in many ways. It's a nice site.

Rod!~

I stand corrected...*** and TGS are just about dead even. I made a mistake with *** because I didn't realize that there rating is wrapped into there main website which is propowerwash .com

Here's the accurate number. Propowerwash.com

Traffic Rank: 811,945

propowerwash.com - Site info site_info_icon.gif

TGS:

Threads: 7425

Members visited in past 24 hours: 197

Most users ever online at once: 328

Years since started: Approx. 4?

***:

Threads: 6985

Members visited in past 24 hours: 59

Most users ever online at once: 204

Years since started: ???

You're right, numbers don't lie. smile.gif

Not trying to say either board is "better"...each has it's place, and both have and do provide an important and valuable service to the industry. This "us vs. them" mentality is just kinda stupid, IMO.

I stand corrected...*** and TGS are just about dead even. I made a mistake with *** because I didn't realize that there rating is wrapped into there main website which is propowerwash .com

Here's the accurate number. Propowerwash.com

Traffic Rank: 811,945

propowerwash.com - Site info site_info_icon.gif

so what you are saying is that *** is ranked higher right?

Mike,

Beautiful numbers! :)

Matt,

Submitting a site to search engines will get you that extra little pop in activity. With all the new changes at *** I would not be surprised if site submission has taken place in the last 6 weeks or so. I have not done that here since last winter.

Beth

yeah, i was saying it may change tomorrow. Its still amazing, i would have never thought.

Me neither. With so many more post here and alot more people responding I'm as surprised as Ron is. I guess its all about where you put these sites into search engines to get them to rank higher.

Me neither. With so many more post here and alot more people responding I'm as surprised as Ron is. I guess its all about where you put these sites into search engines to get them to rank higher.

More posts have nothing to do with more people hitting the site. *** is flat busier in the last weeks. That numbers based on traffic.

participation is better on tgs, *** has more people visiting. Why people dont particpate is that they dont have to be members to view all areas and read posts. Some BBS cannot even be view unless your a member.

Another reason is *** requires you to be verified as a real person. telephone, name and web site address. TGS unless i'm not aware of has no policy therefore many people preffer to be anonymous and will not post on *** because all are required to be real and not anonymous. (certain thats the largest factor)

Distributors will be reluctant to post as well, no protection from poor product evaluation. (no Paid bbs Sponsors)

TGS asked for support and this is a good thing because it gives a sense of ownership. (all contractors own ***) its free. This feature on tgs makes people who invest post and feel more at home.

More posts have nothing to do with more people hitting the site. *** is flat busier in the last weeks. That numbers based on traffic.

participation is better on tgs, *** has more people visiting. Why people dont particpate is that they dont have to be members to view all areas and read posts. Some BBS cannot even be view unless your a member.

Another reason is *** requires you to be verified as a real person. telephone, name and web site address. TGS unless i'm not aware of has no policy therefore many people preffer to be anonymous and will not post on *** because all are required to be real and not anonymous. (certain thats the largest factor)

Distributors will be reluctant to post as well, no protection from poor product evaluation. (no Paid bbs Sponsors)

TGS asked for support and this is a good thing because it gives a sense of ownership. (all contractors own ***) its free. This feature on tgs makes people who invest post and feel more at home.

I guess that's one way to look at it.....

Ron,

TGS has more member traffic.

TGS has more posts.

TGS does check to make sure registrants fill out the info.

TGS has signature rules in place as well as other rules.

TGS upholds its rules.

TGS is more professional.

TGS is more state of the art.

*** is still a great resource.

But TGS ....we'll, it rocks and it IS #1.

TGS support began with the MEMBERS wanting to give, not with the owners asking for support. There is a HUGE difference there.

Have TGS Day!

Beth :cup:

p.s. new feature coming real soon...... :banana:

If the result of our mission is to better the industry why should it matter WHO'S board gets the most traffic?

Educating newcomers should have NO direct involvement of a vendor, advising of what works for "us" should be more relavent.

Bragging rights are a waste of energy and a waste of time

If the result of our mission is to better the industry why should it matter WHO'S board gets the most traffic?

It doesn't! John just felt proud of TGS enough to want to post about it.

Nothing wrong with that. Thanks John for your support.

This is also an indicator for those who have made donations to see how well the site is doing (not so different from a quarterly stock report, etc).

We (the admins) take it into consideration for the sake of the members in whom we are trying to make this bbs work for. By adding a directory and a gallery, we have added value to TGS that it's members can benefit by and the amount of traffic it brings in also correlates to the amount of indexing going on by the spiders that makes it easier for customers to find them.

It's a win-win and some people like John have respect for our efforts and this is a way of showing it.

Rod!~