Sign in to follow this  
Kurt

Venting trailer?

Question

I've seen pics of HW units in enclosed trailers that look as though a section of duct has been installed on top of the burner for venting. Is this necessarry? Can the rear doors simply remain open during operation to vent the fumes? What am I missing?

Thanks a bunch.

11 answers to this question

I found out you need at least a directional vent/sheild to blow the heat out. I didnt and after time the airfiltler will clog and then once that happens its starts to create black soot BAD!!

When your in the heat of the summer you really need it, for the equipment and personel

I vented mine and piped my exhaust out the floor, makes a great difference

Venting

-protects you and employees from dying from no oxygen even with the door open. Which in turn protects you from OSHA accidents and more

-protects your machine from not having proper oxygen to run. No oxygen equals dead machine gasping for air

-protects your machine from over heating as stated

-protects in case of a backfire and a flammable chemical catching fire in the trailer

-protects objects in the trailer from being melted that may have exhaust pointing near them or other damage as stated from soot or other

The list is endless for safety reasons, and this goes for both your engine and burner exhaust. Have you ever seen flames shoot out of a burner? I have many time at night and it is pretty but also deadly. We have been thankful and so have others that the machines were vented and the danger was in the air outside.

Good deal guys. Thanks alot.

Think its something I could attempt myself or is it best to have professionally done elsewhere? Any info on the web describing/showing how its done?

Thanks again. You guys rock!

I Have An Rk-43 From Delco And Mounted A Fan To The Opposite Side Of The Burner Exhaust Side.

I Have A Step Van And The Machine Is Mounted Between The Wheel Wells. No Problems !!!

I Also Use A Small Generator To Power The Fan & Accessories.

Shawn Nihen

Northeast Cleaning & Maintenance

25 East Bertsch St.

Lansford, Pa 18232

Kurt, take a look at one of my articles under " SCRAP BOOK" in this forum. Once there scroll down to post # 82. I have a picture of my enclosed rig and how I had the exhaust vented out the rear of the trailer. Hopefully it will give you some ideas. I didn't want to cut a hole in the roof or floor if I didn't have too. This works pretty good though. Hugh

Kurt, take a look at one of my articles under " SCRAP BOOK" in this forum. Once there scroll down to post # 82. I have a picture of my enclosed rig and how I had the exhaust vented out the rear of the trailer. Hopefully it will give you some ideas. I didn't want to cut a hole in the roof or floor if I didn't have too. This works pretty good though. Hugh

Kurt, I have a simular vent as Hugh does and it works real good

JL

Excellent! Thank you.

I did a real dumb thing this week which is the reason for this thread. Knowing that I could not swing a trailer into my garage due to lack of room in the driveway(garage on side of house) and that the HOA rules state no trailers in the driveway, I went to check out rental units. Found a 10'x20' unit within minutes from home. I'm thinking, "10x20 with a 6x12 trailer...plenty of room right?"

Bought a 6'x12' dual axle 5500# utility trailer and headed back to rent the unit. Went to park the trailer in the unit and discovered that I somehow did not take into account the 8' wide door. With the fenders on the trailer, it was too wide to fit inside.

I called the trailer dealer and told them of my situation and they are happy to allow me to bring it back and apply what I spent on it toward an enclosed trailer which I'll have to store outside.

This was my first rookie mistake.:lgwave: