Sign in to follow this  
Russell Cissell

Wood Restoration Photo Contest

Question

Extreme Solutions, Inc. is holding a wood restoration photo contest for our customers. Whether you use our products every day or have only tried them once, you are welcome to participate. The contest is being hosted right here on TheGrimeScene.com!

To enter, simply post any wood restoration picture showing the use (or results) of any product in the Extreme Solutions, Inc. wood restoration suite found at www.esproducts.net Include a brief description of what your photo shows. Once posted you are in the game!

Each photo will be assigned points based on a predetermined scale. Each photo will earn up to 80 points. The reaction your photo brings from viewers plays a big part in it's ranking. Photos will also earn points for creativity, composition, image quality and product representation among other things.

Each Photo will also be assigned to a category. After the entry deadline, the top 3 photos from each category will be posted in a Grime Scene Poll for final judging by your fellow contractors who use this site. You don't have to use our products to vote or share your opinion so even if you are not entered in the contest let us know which is your favorite photo!

The categories include

Best Deck Picture

Best Wood Home Picture

Best Series

The winner of each category will receive a $500.00 credit in our online store at http://www.esproducts.net/

In addition three photos will be selected from the entire field for a wildcard category. This can include one of the pictures from the other categories or any other wood restoration picture that is submitted. The top 3 wildcard photos will also be posted on The Grime Scene for final judging by your fellow contractors who use this site.

The winner of the wildcard category will receive a full years supply of restoration chemicals including HD-80, EFC-38 and Citralic Brightener/Neutralizer. That is over a $1,000.00 value!

If you have any other questions about the Extreme solutions, Inc. Photo Contest, feel free to post them below, or call 1-866-536-7393 for official rules and regulations. If you have trouble posting or prefer to remain anonymous you can e-mail the picture to imrcc1@aol.com and I will post it for you. The deadline for entry is December 20, 2006.

Best of Luck!

Russell Cissell

http://www.esproducts.net/

imrcc1@aol.com

1-866-536-7393

The fine print

ESI is collecting pictures for educational and marketing purposes. The goal of this contest is to add to the ESI image archive and all entries will be considered for that purpose. If your entry is selected for use either in ESI's educational or promotional programs you will be asked to issue a release for such use. All participants in the ESI Photo Contest reserve the right to deny permission to reproduce their image for such purposes. Permission is not required to participate in this contest.

ESI will select and post the three finalist in each category by January 1, 2007. The final contractor vote will be open from January, 1 2007 through March 1, 2007. Each $500.00 first prize credit can be applied to any product in our online store. The credit can also be used toward shipping. The credit will be issues immediately following the end of the voting period on March 1, 2007.

The Grand Prize winner of the Wildcard category will receive free restoration chemicals for the entire 2007 season. This includes HD-80, EFC-38 and Citralic Brightener/Neutralizer. This product is for the winners use only and is not to be sold or otherwise assigned to a third party. Product will be delivered monthly on demand based on scedualed/antisipated work.

You may enter as often as you like and may have multiple photos in the final judging. Photos do not have to be recent. As long as they show the use/results of any ESI wood restoration product they qualify. If you would like to enter a photograph that is not in a digital format you may do so by mailing the photo to: Photo Contest Care of Extreme Solutions, Inc. 955 LeFaivre Street Portage Des Sioux, MO 63373. We will scan and post the photo on your behalf. If you would like your original photo returned, please include a self addresses return envelope.

You may enter the contest anonymously if you choose, however in order to be selected for the final three you must grant permission for your name to be announced if you are chosen as the winner of any category including the Wildcard category.

Point System

Complexity of job - 10 Points

Product Representation - 10 Points

Image Quality - 10 Points

Overall Composure - 10 Points

Creativity of Shot - 10 Points

Description - 10 Points

Viewer Reaction - 20 Points

124 answers to this question

Super work...When doing two-tone work is it the norn to do all horizontals light and all verticals dark?....What about two-toning with natural stains and solid stains?..Are there rules of thumb?..It seems you do a tremendous amount of this type of work...It is always beautiful to look at...Can you give a detailed approach to this type of....specialty.....

Stephen Andrews

Power Washing

Home & Property

Care & Maintenance

Be creative, and tasteful, and the sky is the limit. We have two toned log homes, decks, and even a teak table. You can use two semi-transparents, one semi-trans and one solid, or two solids. It's up to you and to the customer's taste. Once we find out if a client is a 2 tone candidate (some love the idea, some hate it) then from there you begin a very patient process of color selection and the desired look. Masking is key. You have to spend a great deal of time on prep, and making sure the colors don't bleed.... Don't take shortcuts on tape, plastic, or tarps. I would also suggest you make the very first two tone job you do a simple one. For example, rails all white, floor in a semitransparent gold tone. Get the feel for it. It takes longer to do too so you need to charge more for two tone than single tone work.

Hope this helps :)

Beth

Ok...So the horizontals can be light and the verticals dark...and visa versa?...I was thinking that there was a pattern for this....For instance, you don't want the deck to look like the railings are floating into space...Does that make sense?.....

Stephen Andrews

Power Washing

Home & Property

Care & Maintenance

The sky is the limit. I have only seen one 2 tone solid we did that I personally did not like. (brick red rails, tan floor) But, I bit my tongue and the customer loved it. When we were done the client told us the other color they almost chose (replace tan floor with cornflower blue) - boy were we glad they didn't. That's the hard part...it's their deck.

Beth

Brick Red rails?..and Cornflower Blue floor?....Oh my !!!....lol..............................Thanks

Stephen Andrews

Power Washing

Home & Property

Care & Maintenance

Here was our first Extreme Solutions experience - it's when we found out that Russell will answer the phone any day of the week :)

Weeeeelllllllll, maybe not.....seems that I have exceeded my quota for posting pics.

:lgtear: