Sign in to follow this  
Scott Stone

Interest in a get together, or roundtable in Arizona?

Question

With PWNA obvously trying to improve teh wallet size of the group that does the certifications, I am wondering if anyone is still interested in coming to Arizona for a round table. Here are some of my thoughts. I will be the one organizing it. There might be a nominal charge to attend. This will be mostly to cover expenses, etc. I am a heck of a nice guy, but, I don't want to pay the total freight on this.

Here are some of my ideas for classes.

1. A light motor maintenance and repair clinic

2. Pump and heater diagnosis and repair

3. Trailer set up and use

4. Tax seminar on things for a pressure washing contractor

5. A concrete overlay class

6. Tehcniques for either fleetwashing and or concrete.

7. ANy other areas where there might be an interest.

You get the idea. Things that might help an active contractor to improve their business. SOme of these classes I am fully capable of teaching. Some of them, I would need the help of others that might be interested in helping. If you are interested in helping you can let me know.

Keep in mind, THIS IS ONLY IN THE INTEREST STAGE, for right now.

12 answers to this question

I am thinking that this will be in the same tiem frame as the February roundtable. If there is not enough interest in this round table I will bag the whole idea. I do need at least some interest so that I can lay some ground work and get it rolling.

I'm interested in all RTs, but haven't made one yet. I have strong interest in this one, since February here certainly isn't what it is there!

Mr. Marler is looking at one in ST. Louis, and that is relatively close, and the ACR thing sounds good too. Hmmm, choices...

I have family (on speaking terms, even!) near all these places, so simple economics might be the decider, but I'll go to them all, if I can swing it!

Anyway, I'm interested, Scott. Let me know if I can help in some way.

Scott,

Use local phone books, the Blue Book, any other place that people have ads to find those who may not be online.

Call them.

Follow up with emailing info, or faxing info or both.

Set a date and time, or they will not think it is going to happen. You should be able to say it is here, this day this time.

When we used to hold round tables here in MD, we started with like...12-15 people or so and 1 speaker. It grew every year. We have had as many as 35 people attend (which next to Tom's seems small) Then PWNA launched a MD chapter and now they don't do much at all. We stopped holding round tables when the Maryland PWNA chapter formed because we didn't want to have a conflict. Maybe I should start the round tables back up here too. ;) After all there is no action, so there can't be a conflict.

Point is, give folks something they can say yes or no to. You don't have to put money down to get that far. Find a quiet restaurant with a room for larger parties, or something free like that.

Beth

Scott,

I hope you didnt think I was stealing your thunder. Its just that most of the roundtables are mostly east of me by 1000 miles plus.

I hope your not offended. That was the least of my intentions.

Scott,

Use local phone books, the Blue Book, any other place that people have ads to find those who may not be online.

Call them.

Follow up with emailing info, or faxing info or both.

Set a date and time, or they will not think it is going to happen. You should be able to say it is here, this day this time.

When we used to hold round tables here in MD, we started with like...12-15 people or so and 1 speaker. It grew every year. We have had as many as 35 people attend (which next to Tom's seems small) Then PWNA launched a MD chapter and now they don't do much at all. We stopped holding round tables when the Maryland PWNA chapter formed because we didn't want to have a conflict. Maybe I should start the round tables back up here too. ;) After all there is no action, so there can't be a conflict.

Point is, give folks something they can say yes or no to. You don't have to put money down to get that far. Find a quiet restaurant with a room for larger parties, or something free like that.

Beth

Beth.... Another maryland round table is a great idea. Yours was the first one I attended a few years back and it was a great event. I look forward to your next one, I wouldnt be interested if it was a chapter RT, Have no interest in sitting through the PWNA business portion of the event..