Sign in to follow this  
Don M.

Leaving the house

Question

Well, I havent left the house since Monday morning. Its going to be nice to get out ( I guess). The wife is wanting to go to the mall.

To be honest, I dont want to go. But I think it will help me clear my head.

21 answers to this question

Log out, Get out!

You gotta get outside, even if you just take awalk or something. A bit of physical activity will feel good, and the walking will help you reconnect with your body as a useful part.

Sometimes I just go stand on the deck and watch the sky through the trees. It is like a bit of country in the city, and just does me good.

Your little one doesn't need you wearing out before she even gets a chance to know you!

Maybe you could try one of Thad's SAD lights, I hear they help people keep 'up' when they are deprived of the outside world. Maybe it would help you get a good tan for the RT.;)

Hang in there, man. We have fun on the near horizon.:cheers:

Don - call me! I never leave the house....if you call me on my cell phone from your cell phone, we can walk out the front doors and both be outside but not alone!!!!!! Thad - you do the same :)

Celeste

Stay home don't go out or take a trip to Alaska for a month or two instead it's nice this time of year. Make sure you drink a quart of heavy cream each day and butter everything you eat. The less you exercise and don't move the more you should eat. Keep extra batteries with you for the remote under the couch. Do not eat vegetables. Sleep during the day. Watch TV until 4 in the morning. Don't shave, shower or get a hair cut.

Don - call me! I never leave the house....if you call me on my cell phone from your cell phone, we can walk out the front doors and both be outside but not alone!!!!!! Thad - you do the same :)

Celeste

I will as long as Chen Fenner isn't in on it!

;)

I'm surprised you said to call- I thought I scared you when we talked earlier this year!

:lgbounces

LOL, Don---are you just trying to save money or something, or sick?? Noticed earlier you said you'd been in PJ's for a few days straight. Little bummin' never killed anyone.

Hey Jarrod--no offense, but does your wife have any sisters??:) 18-24 would be about right, I'm 30.

LOL, Don---are you just trying to save money or something, or sick?? Noticed earlier you said you'd been in PJ's for a few days straight. Little bummin' never killed anyone.

Hey Jarrod--no offense, but does your wife have any sisters??:) 18-24 would be about right, I'm 30.

No Jon, just bummin. I've listened to SO much marketing stuff on the internet and I've took so many notes...I think I'm going to start running a infomercial overnight and sell the stuff for 3 easy payments of 19.95. :)

I plan on making Ken's speech at the roundtable into a 8 CD package that will be available for people that cant make it. All people will have to do is call 1-800-Line Dons Pockets and listen to a free-prerecorded message to find out the link to a website for a money saving coupon! At the website they will be able to purchase other products at huge savings.

:)

18!!!! You cradle robber! I have a daughter - well two, that fit into that range and I'd kill them if they were messing with a 30 year old!!!

C :)

...And to think I thought you'd trust me, Celeste:( Trying to find someone on an equal maturity level:) Hey Don, have you read Emyth yet?? I jump into it--it's more about running a functional business than about marketing. Definitely my pick as the #1 read. Not sure if you can download it or not from a fileshare site. If I may suggest (yes, painfully speaking from experience), read/listen/learn as much as humanly possible on RUNNING/OWNING a business before Spring. IMO, FAR more important that marketing. Believe me, you'll market yourself into a corner if you don't have the functions/operations to get the work done. People say, "I'd LOVE to have that problem!", but you wouldn't. Not being profitable is the same either way----I'd MUCH rather not be profitable because I'm not doing any work, than to be doing work, but my biz isn't profitable for some reason. EMYTH!! Or any other books about biz strategy.....though they aren't as fun to read. Good luck,

18!!!! You cradle robber! I have a daughter - well two, that fit into that range and I'd kill them if they were messing with a 30 year old!!!

Heck, my Inlaws loved me when I married my wife she was 22 and I was 40. Is that still cradle robbing if there over 21. I just couldnt get myself to marry someone my age. Thats old LOL

Hey Don. Get the heck out. Put all the Biz down for a couple days, take the wife for dinner and relax. Mental stress can hurt you. Don't let it. feed off the stress, then spit it out.

You've read quite a bit. Now Call, write, Fax. Everything doesnt have to be perfect, "Just Do It"

Don't drive yourself crazy, get a parttime job, get up everyday and shower, put on your pants and clear your head & smile

Be tough Dude and get , getting on

JL

...And to think I thought you'd trust me, Celeste:( Trying to find someone on an equal maturity level:) Hey Don, have you read Emyth yet?? I jump into it--it's more about running a functional business than about marketing. Definitely my pick as the #1 read. Not sure if you can download it or not from a fileshare site. If I may suggest (yes, painfully speaking from experience), read/listen/learn as much as humanly possible on RUNNING/OWNING a business before Spring. IMO, FAR more important that marketing. Believe me, you'll market yourself into a corner if you don't have the functions/operations to get the work done. People say, "I'd LOVE to have that problem!", but you wouldn't. Not being profitable is the same either way----I'd MUCH rather not be profitable because I'm not doing any work, than to be doing work, but my biz isn't profitable for some reason. EMYTH!! Or any other books about biz strategy.....though they aren't as fun to read. Good luck,

Jon, I will buy it today.

Jeff, yes I have been reading a lot. I've already started to mail my pm list and faxing them as well.

Anyone here a M*A*S*H fan? Years ago I watched an episode where the psychiatrist, Dr. Sydney Freeman said the following:

Ladies and gentleman take my advice....

Pull down your pants...

And slide on the ice!

I love that saying!

Beth

Yes, she has 2 sisters. But they are already married. Thanx for the compliment. I'm gonna tell her today. She will just laugh & blush. I LOVE it when she does that!

Dang, your kids are my age. Sure making my feel young here