Sign in to follow this  
doublejager2000

total package

has anyone ever thought of or tried to make a total package for commercial customers. for example a bank, nightly cleaning of offices,weekly cleaning of windows.monthly cleaning of drive-thru ,sidewalks and entryways.

or am i just getting greedy?

The total package thing has not worked for us in particular as budget constraints are much of the problem we hear, plus some do not want them, instead, they would rather go ala carte. Plus, you have to consider that many of these businesses have channels and other directing entities they have to go through to get approval for in order to get the ball rolling.

Sometimes when working with people who control money matters you can get them to go for the whole enchilada, it just depends on what you walk into. They may have already decided they need or want all of what you offer. The next part is price.

Listing services ala carte first then showing a package price with a discount for it will be a better option.

Between us, the real answer to the discount lies in the set up and break down times. The less you are doing that, the more you are working. If I get someone who can keep me on a site for the majority of the day, it means I will set up and break down fewer times. On the other hand, if someone only needs our services for a few hours worth of work then I have to fill in the rest of the day with others and they could be small too which means several set up and break downs which are not part of the production phase of working. This drains the actual work day and makes it less profitable unless you adjust your prices accordingly.

Rod!~

Your larger PW companies do this. The biggest hurdle for most small companies is having the manpower. You cant expect your lead guys to run the pw operations all day and then come in at night.

I think offering a number of related services to a client is very smart.

A way to get management's attention is to audit the property, group service offerings in a manner that would offer economies, and present a budget. Make it easy for a manager and you increase value.

I know a guy that did just that and built a business that not only made good money, but it was easy for him to manage. And marketing expense was close to zero. He organized NAPP; thenapp.com. He told me that he did a lot of free inspecting and budget construction and meetings to get in. But once he was in, it was solid, for years. He did a lot with local government.

thanks for all the input so far , i have thought of the pros and cons and i probly missed a lot of them, my reson for asking .but if you have both services why not atleast offer a dicount if they take both?who know the management company my need your services on anouther job.

thanks for the imput i hope to hear some more opinions or exp.

I think doing anything less is leaving money on the table. The more services we offer to our customers the more they gobble them up. They trust me, they trust my company. In the world of contractors, thats not easy to find. Use customer loyalty to your advantage. If you have the capability of performing the work, go for it.

Start small, get your foot in the door. Do the drive-thru. Go back during the day and talk to the bank manager and make sure they liked the job. Hand him/her the thorough property assesment that your company offers free of charge. From there go home and write a thank you letter and outline those additional services you offer once again. Bill's thoughts are absolutely on point. Little/No marketing dollars spent. A huge part of success is maximizing your customer base. Look at it this way, the customer needs thse services done. Why would you let anyone else do them? Cuz guess what? That window guy may not think it greedy when he buys a pressure washer and beats you at the game.

Pick a service they will require 99% of the time and specialize in that if you are going to do it. Or find someone else who can assist you. I did this very service for some commercial clients...primarily was a janitorial service and I took care of other cleaning services "as required." I had a commercial carpet extractor, floor buffers, pressure washer, etc. I typically sold them premium services on janitorial and did the extras "as needed" without additional charge, the fee was just amortized over the contract term. They really liked this and never felt the need to request the service as it was done before things got out of hand. Larger complexes are perfect for this as they have breakrooms that need waxing and outside smoking areas to be cleaned and typically large windows that can use a good cleaning every once in awhile, but these things are typically outside of the scope of the average janitorial service which makes you a good candidate for those interested.

"Pick a service they will require 99% of the time and specialize in that if you are going to do it. Or find someone else who can assist you."

i have found that person and this is the main reason im asking. i hate typing so did not add this before.they have acounts at the a few lawfirms and also have 1 at the largest firm in the area,4 buildings.with some dirty windows that need to be cleaned and sidewalks and parts of the entryways that look like they are a Science Experiment gone wrong.