Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

English/Spanish

Question

OK let the debate begin!!!!!!!!!

Whats up and why is everything that you see turning to 2 languages.

I as the racist I must be, can't stand the fact that everywhere you go its English & spanish signs, notices etc etc

I go to the ATM I have to hit a button that says english. I really hate how Lowes & HD now have everything in english & spanish. I cant stand when I go to read a box of diapers or must products at a supermarket, I have to look for the english side of the package. I hate that I went in a new little neighborhood mexican restaurant and the whole menu was in spanish, NO english at all. I hate when i go to Walmart and other places I hear more spanish being spoken.

The list goes on and on

Why is this, theres no othe immigrant groups over time that had their language posted on everything

I feel if you come to this country to live & work you should make every effort possible to learn, read & write the english language. I think why I get so pissed is years ago I worked with many spanish people and all of them, I think were legal and they all knew how to speak & write english real well. But now we have sooooooooooo many illegals here they dont even try to learn the language at all or much

Lowes down the road from me started doing announcements in both english & spanish. It lasted about 2 weeks and they got so many complaints from Racist customers and the workers that they went back to only english announcements... Yay give one to the Americans

I think if you live and work and go to school learn the language and thats it. America love it or leave it and respect it by reading & writing it

Just my opinion

Jeff

53 answers to this question

You know if you want a leg up on your competition and instead of debating that everyone should know the english language that live here because no matter what there aint squat us powerwasher can do about that...Here's another thought...LEARN SPANISH. I just hired two spanish speaking guys who speak very little english. I used them for the last 2-3 weeks of my season here... Man they can work. Anyway the light bulb went off in my head(Yea I know it was only a 40 watt bulb:) and I just ordered and recieved a few CD's on how to learn spanish in 30 days(Yea right).

The messed up thing with me is since I am multi cultural(The american way) my grand mother was from Spain and she spoke spanish fluently. Today she is 92 and still looks great. She always told me as a kid "Johnny you should learn spanish" so what do I do?? I take it up in high school and had like a 14 average in it(A total disgrace) then I get caught cheating off the brain in my school and she stands up and tells the teacher that I'm looking at her paper. End result I get another ZERO and then I had to drop the class. I never failed a class in High School but I did drop one...SPANISH.

They are hard working people who normally want to succeed. I have several spanish techs. They speak both language and one speaks french also. He spent 10 years in cananda in construction and said he had to learn or take less pay.

Take care of grandma, shes special i bet.

Here in Cananda we are multi cultural. I admit that when in Rome you should do as the Romans do.So as such I wish that they would all learn English.But that will never happen and I am triing to get over it.Then again,I refused to take French in High School.

SPANISH.

I can't speak much of that either,yet I'm in Cuba and Dominican next month and Mexico in Febuary.They are primarily Spanish speaking,I'm visiting there country and will have to depend on them for english.

Dos cer vacia por fa vour.