Sign in to follow this  
C&S Property Services

Wood Restoration class

Question

With all the mishaps and etc. around the PWNA I thought this would be interesting to everyone involved. I took a Wood Restoration class and received my PWNA certification earlier this year. However, with the PWNA attending the NADRA (Deck Expo) they are offering the same class. It does not say if this is a PWNA certification but does say it goes towards NADRA's. My question to ANYONE who could give me an answer is why in the world did I pay 799$ for a PWNA class when the same class is being offered for 495$ to NADRA members and 545$ to Non-members. The way I figure it out is if I had went to Vegas I could put the savings towards the NEW PWNA membership. Can anyone justify why the difference in price?

Please feel free to answer if you can cause at this time I cannot.

Rob Huffman

Aspen Contractors

443 307 7662

19 answers to this question

With all the mishaps and etc. around the PWNA I thought this would be interesting to everyone involved. I took a Wood Restoration class and received my PWNA certification earlier this year. However, with the PWNA attending the NADRA (Deck Expo) they are offering the same class. It does not say if this is a PWNA certification but does say it goes towards NADRA's. My question to ANYONE who could give me an answer is why in the world did I pay 799$ for a PWNA class when the same class is being offered for 495$ to NADRA members and 545$ to Non-members. The way I figure it out is if I had went to Vegas I could put the savings towards the NEW PWNA membership. Can anyone justify why the difference in price?

Please feel free to answer if you can cause at this time I cannot.

Rob Huffman

Aspen Contractors

443 307 7662

Greed???

I think that was for the class then you paid for the certifcation test. You had the combo meal!!. Are they offering the combo meal at the Pulp fiction expo. I see the deck industry benifiting not the Pwna? ..

Sorry to everyone that I have not posted sooner. I have been busy with the holiday. I did receive a call verifying that the class is different. The materials being taught are different and will not have all of the information the PWNA certified class has.

Rob Huffman

Aspen Contractors

443 307 7662

I keep waiting for John T to pipe up here since he's the only PWNA BoD that is allowed to post. John, can you answer the questions here? If I want to attend the PWNA cert class in Vegas, am I only going to get the NADRA condensed version? I know the org is having another one of its "reorganizations" or "regrouping" or whatever it's being called this year, but since no information is ever forthcoming from the org that is supposed to be our industry leader, the only choice being left to the general population - oh and the membership as well from what I understand - is SPECULATION! How can you offer a class to the membership for wood restoration that results in a test and certification......then offer a "different" class with "different" materials for LESS money to a group that would be perceived to be competition to the membership ANYWAY! I didn't see where two "different" courses were offered during the schedule either. Oooo.....maybe the deck guys get an advanced course so they can be MULTIPLE steps ahead of the regular certified mom/pop company who will have to pay even MORE money to keep up with the deck companies.

Are the class lengths the same? What's missing or added?

Okay, bottom line is.......I join NADRA, take the wood class offered at Deck Expo.....what is my certificate going to say....NADRA or PWNA? These are not difficult or political questions? As a woodie, I will ALWAYS look at furthering my education but I want to make certain that if I spend my hard earned money to take a class that I know who the "cerifying agency" is going to be.

Celeste