Sign in to follow this  
doublejager2000

Rino liner

I have Line X (same stuff) YES it holds up great, may discolor a little but YES put it on your trailer I have it on my pickup trucks and one trailer

My old pickup bed would be a rotted mess with out it. Ive spilled tons of 12% and acids and its GREAT

Get it done

Jeff

I got an estimate of 600 dollars for a 12x6.5 open trailer or 500 for just the boards.How does this compare to your area?I would have loved to get it done but thats a little more than what I had planned on spending. I put 6 coats of $24 polyurethane on it instead.

I would spend the money on trailer but not the boards. IMHO the boards should be replaced every couple of years anyway. I'm not saying not to do the boards just do the trailer for sure. I've got mine broke down for Christmas again and I am going to spray the inside and underneath of mine in January (DYI job) and see how it works.

Scott

I have a 7'X14' enclosed trailer and I had it installed on the floor and on the walls 3-feet up in case of any spills. I have had chlorine spill in it and like stated before it lightens up the black material but does not ruin it. It was the best thing I ever did to my enclosed trailer. I was lucky when I had it done, I paid $450 for the whole floor and 3-feet up on the walls. You will not regret it if you get it done! Hugh

On my 7x18' trailer they wanted about $800 here to coat it. What I did was go to PEPBOYS and bought there non skid paint (Cant recall the name of it) and rolled it on the floor 2x. It came out great and the cost was about $100 for me to do this. This also included the ramp door floor.

I'd post a picture of all this but my Hard Drive fried a few weeks ago and hundreds of pictures where lost forever..

I got an estimate of 600 dollars for a 12x6.5 open trailer or 500 for just the boards.How does this compare to your area?I would have loved to get it done but thats a little more than what I had planned on spending. I put 6 coats of $24 polyurethane on it instead.

Its not cheap, but more than worth it. The stuff holds up. My enclosed I didnt do it and regret it a lot. I'll be putting a whole new floor in then putting the Line X on floor and up the sides a few ft

I got a place in Macon GA to do my truck and some NaHCl spilled in it and didnt hurt a thing. I saw a guy at the gas station that worked for line-x and he quoted $4 per sq ft for trailer bottoms. That was all I was going to get done. JOHN T I know the stuff you are talking about I think it is called Huriculiner. Until you metioned that I had forgot Pep Boys sold it. I may look into that.

I have the rino lining in the bed of my pick up 6' bed, $400. (not for pressure washing) It does fade a bit but holds up to a lot of abuse, (loads of rocks, dirt etc.) In my pressure washing van I applied that Huriculiner in the front passenger and drivers side floor boards. Within 3 months the stuff started to peel. If your going to invest your hard earned money go with the rino lining. JMO. Good Luck.

I have the rino lining in the bed of my pick up 6' bed, $400. (not for pressure washing) It does fade a bit but holds up to a lot of abuse, (loads of rocks, dirt etc.) In my pressure washing van I applied that Huriculiner in the front passenger and drivers side floor boards. Within 3 months the stuff started to peel. If your going to invest your hard earned money go with the rino lining. JMO. Good Luck.

The Huriculiner so far has worked out good. I did clean and sand my floor in some spots before I put on the huriculiner. I also have a truck that has the Rhino in it and it looks great. If you dont mind spending the money the other stuff is great. If your looking to save a few bucks then the huriculiner is fine. I spent the $700 saved on something else..if I can only remember what I spent it on:)

We used Herculiner from Pep Boys and lined the entire cargo area of the Sprinter (floors, walls, and ceiling) and the bed of a Chevy S-10 all for about $250.00 by doing it myself. One word of caution on enclosed vehicle applications...you need to let it air for about a week to get it to dry thoroughly and exhaust the fumes produce by the solvent Xylene which is very toxic.

We have found it very durable on metal surfaces but not on wood which needs a re-application once a year to keep it intact.

Rod!~

When i looked into lining my box truck 10 years ago they wanted 1400 so i didn't do it, one of the worst mistakes i've made in my business. I now have a completely useless box truck behind my shop. Trailers aren't as big of a deal because they are pretty much easily replacable,but if you are running out of a box or pickup truck that is to much of an investment to lose.

Here is the low down on Rhino Liner... from some one who spent 8 years applying it as an industrial applicaor and now sells similar chemicals.

Rhino Liner is Junk they have changed the formulation for the worse last year. Russel Lewis must be getting greedy and weakend the formulation to increase his margin.

Rhino Liner and Line-X are two totaly different chemicals Rhino-Liner is a polyurethane and line-x is a polyurea Hybrid. Line-X is a much more chemical resistant product but will be a little harder and slightly less slip resistant than Rhino, but I would suggest you go with Line-X or similar.

To be sure it will hold up get a sample piece of material from the local dealer and submerge it in the chemical and see what happens.... If it holds up to your satisfaction then proceed.

Call with any questions

cell

(607) 343-1537

I have a 14x71/2 enclosed box with a wooden floor. I was qouted $1100 to get it linexed. I am going to spray on a product called Hippo liner at a cost of about $250. I will put a primer on first. Has anyone out there tried this brand or any other do it yourself brand? How did it work?