Sign in to follow this  
Keth

2 wire hose vs. 1 wire?

Question

I am getting ready to replace my hose for the year and was wondering if anyone has seen a noticeable difference in the longevity between the 1 wire Spira Flow hose and the 2 wire standard hose? I have been doing quite a bit of concrete lately and the benefits of the SpiraFlow seems to make sense if it lasts.

Thoughts?

6 answers to this question

We use 1 wire. It is lighter and so far have lasted me 2 years. I will get a new set this year to replace them. The lighter 1 wire hose helps to reduce operator fatigue and ease maneuverability on raised decks.

I had a 2 wire hose 50' length and while it was very durable, the weight of it and the stiffness was hard to deal with in confined work areas. My back took a strain from it. I have enough back problems as it is before getting into this business and will use the tool best suited to the job and operator performance.

Rod!~

Keth,

It may depend on the type of pressure washing you do. I only work on wood and agree with Rod. We're not using high pressure and hose weight is important.

I was talking recently with a commercial flat work guy. Told a story about working a retail location during the day, and a large truck ran over a 1 wire pressure hose. Yeah, the hose blew and started flying around like a Kung Fu banshee. Said he was fortunate no one was hurt and no costly damage done. He now only purchases the best quality 2 wire he can find.