Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

Paint or Stain?

Question

39 answers to this question

Yep test spots are usually a sure thing to help sell a job and also lets the customer see that we know what we doing! :cool:

Rick you ready to watch some football today in Hi DEF? I can't believe the season is almost over:lgsad:

It does suck that the first game doesn't start till 2 my time and not 12!

Go Saints and Go Colts! I just think it's gonna be a better Super Bowl and higher scoring!!

Shane,

Yeah, I'm chompin' at the bit. I've had the surround sound Dolby audio receiver hooked up for years for DVD's but stuck with a friggin' analog TV. What a waste, the NFL is soooo much better in high definition. Crank up the volume and listen to teeth rattle while the sweat flies off the QB's face when hit by a 230 lb. defensive linebacker. Almost better than being there.

These two conference championship games today may very well be better than the Superbowl. Don't see either NFC team being a real threat to a healthy Colt or Patriot team.

Here on Hillary Clinton's east coast, we have to wait until 3:00 PM. Saints may well be a better team than the Bears, especially with Duce running like a monster and Reggie just waiting to explode. But I don't like the fact that New Orleans practiced in the Dome all week, Soldier Field can be a crippling environment in January. Should be a brawl. Last nights line was 1.5 pts. favoring N.O.

My heart is with the Colts, but recent history and the tandem of Brady - Belichick is going to be a tough hurdle. Admittedly the Colts defense looks more solid than in recent years but the Patriots are again peaking at the right time. New England is a worthy 3 pt. favorite.

Shane,

Yeah I was real surprised when I installed the HDTV and set-top box. The receiver, which must be maybe 4 yrs. old, had a fiber optic connection on the back. Ran to Radio Shack and immediately connected the cable box to the receiver, bypassing the HDTV for true Dolby audio.

Oh yeah rick I like seeing my reciever kick in to Dolby D on most of the Hi Def channels ESPN might not always have good sound.I have everything on fiber optic my DVD/VCR recorder,Direct tv,Playstaion.

I have a few people tell me that the cable digital signal is not as good as DTV.NOw as for the standard definition signal that sucks i'll catch myself watching only the hi def programing over and over.

Check out this link Rick good info on it for hi-def etc... High Def Forum - Your High Definition Community & High Definition Resource

Mr.Fenner SORRY turning your thread into a HI tech thread. ;)

:topic: !! haha

No problem Shane, I love this stuff too. How much can you really say about a painted deck anyway.

Uh huh you're right you either strip,sand,paint it again or light a match! :lol:

When are you gonna go hi def t.v's are getting cheaper as new technology comes out.I still think Sony LCD sets are your best bet or Panasonic/Pioneer Plasma's.

Shane,

I don't have a clue at to Dish verses cable for audio quality. I have Comcast cable here and Dolby signals sound fine to my unsophisticated ear.

One thing I did learn was that typically, you do not want to run audio through the HDTV. Most are only stereo capable and I guess internal circuitry can degrade the audio signal from the service provider. Just bypass the TV entirely and hard connect the set top box to the receiver.

Thanks for the link, looks like a very active board. In the past I've used AVS Forum - Home

for similar information.

Due to the configuration of our viewing area with built in shelves, was constricted to a 37" LCD. After a lot of due diligence settled on the Olevia 537H. Seemed to hit that price/performance sweet spot and the screen is actually made by LG. Didn't hurt that an on line retailer has a warehouse here in NJ that was 1/2 hr. away and I was able to pick it up. The $850 price didn't hurt either.

Shane,

I don't have a clue at to Dish verses cable for audio quality. I have Comcast cable here and Dolby signals sound fine to my unsophisticated ear.

One thing I did learn was that typically, you do not want to run audio through the HDTV. Most are only stereo capable and I guess internal circuitry can degrade the audio signal from the service provider. Just bypass the TV entirely and hard connect the set top box to the receiver.

Thanks for the link, looks like a very active board. In the past I've used AVS Forum - Home

for similar information.

Due to the configuration of our viewing area with built in shelves, was constricted to a 37" LCD. After a lot of due diligence settled on the Olevia 537H. Seemed to hit that price/performance sweet spot and the screen is actually made by LG. Didn't hurt that an on line retailer has a warehouse here in NJ that was 1/2 hr. away and I was able to pick it up. The $850 price didn't hurt either.

Rick the DTV vs cable is that the video quality with DTV has a better picture than digi cable.DTV is slacking off on adding HD channels cause cable has more channels than satalite.IF you ever think of gettting Direct Tv not Dish Network you let me know i need some refferals to lower my bill and they give you free stuff too.

That's a good deal on that tv i paid $2500 for my Sony 42" LCD a few years ago and i regret not getting the 50" for a few $100's more.I like the idea of just having to change a light bulb when it goes out and i have new t.v. I didn't get a plasma cause i do play some Playstation games that look great in HD with a HD adapter for PS2 @720P.Now plasma's are worth getting if you watch lots of movies.The blacks look better on plasma's than a LCD and then now they going to 1080P.

Hey Shane,

I won't be going satellite. Too many analog TV's around the house and a STB for each one is not wanted. Soon most HDTV's will have a card slot and the STB will go the way of the dinosaur.

Know what you mean about cost. The Olevia I purchased this xmas will probably be 5C's next year.

Hey Shane,

I won't be going satellite. Too many analog TV's around the house and a STB for each one is not wanted. Soon most HDTV's will have a card slot and the STB will go the way of the dinosaur.

Know what you mean about cost. The Olevia I purchased this xmas will probably be 5C's next year.

Yeah my Sony has card slot for cable but you SOL for pay per views and movie channels cause i think you still need the box.

Well if someone reads this thread and wants to get Direct tv let me know i'm a "Prefered customer" like they tell me. :rolleyes:

Hey Shane,

Sorry I had to bail on the tele. call but my neighbor was at the front door and my wife is bedridden with a bad back. Enough of the tech talk, its now time for...

NFL Championship Football !

Oh man, can't wait....this day has taken close to forever. Time for a quick trip to the store for more Heinekens and settle in for the best team sport ever conceived. The rest of the world be damned, soccer is for wussies.

God Bless America. We are the greatest show on earth. Period.