Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

War budget

Question

George Bush's request for his new budget for the war is almost a 1/4 trillion $$ THATS $800.00 for every man, women and child, WOW. This is not counting the billions that has already been spent

I remember hearing at the very beginning of this war, Rumsfeld said the war would cost Americans about $10 Billion and then the Iraq oil & people will pay for the rest OOPS WRONG

It just pisses me off that GW knew he was going to go get Saddam before 9/11 but he used that as an excuse and WMD's. Theres no doght in my mind that he lied to go to war and I'm not talking WMD's I'm talking he was going no matter what it was just when that was in question.

Its a terrible waste of tax payer money this war, especially since they said only 10 billion. So sad

Well I wont be around for a week everybody have a great week

JL

33 answers to this question

George Bush's request for his new budget for the war is almost a 1/4 trillion $$ THATS $800.00 for every man, women and child, WOW.

Would you spend $800 of your own money to prevent one person from being tortured, raped, and killed in front of their wife and children.

I remember hearing at the very beginning of this war, Rumsfeld said the war would cost Americans about $10 Billion and then the Iraq oil & people will pay for the rest OOPS WRONG

Yea, that's the b**ch of it. War's don't always go as originally planned. I do agree about going in too early. For that kind of money, we should have left him alone at least until he invaded Poland and Czechoslovakia.

Well I wont be around for a week everybody have a great week

Nice, drop a turd and run....

Well, for a lot less money we could have leveled the place and took all the oil. If you ask me, that is the way to fight a war. B4 the liberal media and the internet that was the way that things were done. What would you rather have - everyone fearing us because we'll blow you to kingdom come if you mess with us, or - everyone laughing at us because we fight a "nice little war" and let undermining liberals in the media and government micromanage our generals and soldiers?

Some might say "That's not fair! You're blowing up that poor little country."

To that, I'd say "Well stupid, that "poor little country" funded the human waste that flew planes into our buildings, killing thousands of innocent people FIRST!!!"

So, back to your and your party's complaint Jeff. If this war was fought the correct, non P.C. way, it would have been over in 1 week. But since the undermining libs are micromanaging everything, it's gonna take much longer and cost a whole lot more!

Let's not all forget - the funding behind the planes going into the trade towers was from a man in Afghanistan not Iraq. We should have gone to get him - Iraq never posed a threat. And the insurmountable lying that has come from this administration is nothing short of the nazi propaganda machine. Like WMD - we have such great technology - including spy satellites that can see down your chimney - that if there were weapons, we would have known exactly where they were, and taken them out instantly.

You wanna believe the likes of cheney, scooter libby, powell? Or people like on the 9/11 commision who found no credible evidence of anything. If it's our policy to invade countries because we feel like it - cool, whatever - but just be honest with yourself. And then live with the consequences of the rest of the world not likeing us very much. And having a crap economy because we're being worked to the bone to come up with money to finance these wars.

God I miss Clinton - budget surpluses, relative peace, felatio - these republicans are the biggest party poopers, I think Democrats get all ho's and republicans are jealous - hee hee.

Let's not all forget - the funding behind the planes going into the trade towers was from a man in Afghanistan not Iraq. We should have gone to get him - Iraq never posed a threat. And the insurmountable lying that has come from this administration is nothing short of the nazi propaganda machine. Like WMD - we have such great technology - including spy satellites that can see down your chimney - that if there were weapons, we would have known exactly where they were, and taken them out instantly.

You wanna believe the likes of cheney, scooter libby, powell? Or people like on the 9/11 commision who found no credible evidence of anything. If it's our policy to invade countries because we feel like it - cool, whatever - but just be honest with yourself. And then live with the consequences of the rest of the world not likeing us very much. And having a crap economy because we're being worked to the bone to come up with money to finance these wars.

God I miss Clinton - budget surpluses, relative peace, felatio - these republicans are the biggest party poopers, I think Democrats get all ho's and republicans are jealous - hee hee.

THERE IS MORE OIL IN IRAQ

Budges suprlus = more taxes collected than spent. Plan on politicians to fix this problem immediately, although by increasing spending, not by reducing taxes.

Relative peace = keep your mouth shut and accept the bullying. I'm sure the members aboard the USS Cole thought the peace they endured was nice. I'm sure the victims from the FIRST trade towers attack thought the peace we had THEN was blissful. Oh yes, it's so easy to dismiss inaction as peace.

Felatio = ....... = ...... = .....hmmmm, can't find any problems there. Of course ,the whole purjury thing is ignored. The tax increaess are ignored. Hey, atleast he had sence to pull out of Kosovo once the media turned it's head instead of making a career out of it. I still maintain that the ONLY thing of any importance Clinton did while in office was to get the line item veto put in place. Too bad more politicians don't make use of that little gem.

I'd like to take a fraction of the money we are spending on Iraq and build a wall around us. I'd like to take another fraction of that amount and invest in fusion research for cheap energy. Then I'd like to use the results of the research, if they prove fruitful, and help to develop other nations so we don't have to keep supporting them...give the tool of agriculture and let them solve their own problems.

Iraq never posed a threat.

I am going to let you pass on that ignorant "never posed a threat" statement and just say this:

About 70 years ago, a tiny country called Germany was run by a teapot despot named Adolph Hitler. Sure they made a little war in their own region of the world, but they never posed a threat to us. So, we left them alone... Not our business and all that... Come to think of it we left them *and* another tiny little country called Japan alone. 4 years later, fueled by the spoils of war and encouraged by victory, they snuck up to our back door and kicked us right in the teeth while we slept.

That little incident was called Pearl Harbor. It started a battle (for us) that would cost 295,000 Americans their lives and injure another 1.1 million. In just 5 years, 55+ million people would die before someone finally stopped the Nazi's. That someone was the US of A.

In hindsight, we probably should have gotten involved a little earlier, eh?

I am going to let you pass on that ignorant "never posed a threat" statement and just say this:

About 70 years ago, a tiny country called Germany was run by a teapot despot named Adolph Hitler. Sure they made a little war in their own region of the world, but they never posed a threat to us. So, we left them alone... Not our business and all that... Come to think of it we left them *and* another tiny little country called Japan alone. 4 years later, fueled by the spoils of war and encouraged by victory, they snuck up to our back door and kicked us right in the teeth while we slept.

That little incident was called Pearl Harbor. It started a battle (for us) that would cost 295,000 Americans their lives and injure another 1.1 million. In just 5 years, 55+ million people would die before someone finally stopped the Nazi's. That someone was the US of A.

In hindsight, we probably should have gotten involved a little earlier, eh?

I LIKE THIS GUY

Philip,

The post I had made in response to this was eaten some how,but we are thinking along the same lines.

It's embarrassing that Americans have forgotten what being an American is.

The same people whining about the war now,are the same one that huddled in front of their TV's on 9/11 praying the next plane wouldn't hit their hometown.They are also the same people that demanded action,by our government.

They'll be the same group that reap the financial windfalls when we start pulling out of Iraq.War stimulates the economy and they'll be shoveling the cash into their bank account.

What a bunch of FISH,flopping all over the place.

No matter what one's political leaning or foreign policy ideas are, the fact is this. Right or wrong,

The United States has actively and without question, occupied a foreign sovereign nation and destroyed its former government.

Without stability and standing institutions, it would be a moral failing and historical tragedy to abandon our responsibility. At the moment, that requires military as well as financial underpinning.

"To be conservative at 20 is heartless and to be a liberal at 60 is

plain idiocy."

-- Winston Churchill

Don't seem like they are looking for Bin Laden too hard.

How do you find a spineless coward that hides in caves, tunnels & bunkers amidst thousands of miles of desert?

Honestly, the only good thing that ever came out of Iran & Iraq is oil.

How do you find a spineless coward that hides in caves, tunnels & bunkers amidst thousands of miles of desert?

....And Adam&Eve, even though Eve ruined life for all mankind, LOL:)

Afghanistan is not a desert. It is mostly mountains, and very steep mountains and valleys.

So is there a list of all of the "Ira*"s and "*stans" and who's on which side. I just get confused. Seems that whole area would make a great sand box to throw our criminals and perverts into.

Nearly broke my heart today to watch my daughter talking online via videocam to her boyfriend who's in the middle of Afgahnistan not knowing when the next suicide bomber is going to try to come through their gate. It's going to be doubly hard to watch her get on a plane in 2 1/2 weeks to go to Basic Training knowing that they could send her over there. I don't want to lose my child or any other lives over there - for what?????

Celeste

I don't want to lose my child or any other lives over there - for what?????

To prevent another 55 million from dying.

Your children voluntarily signed up for military service in the middle of wartime. That takes a HUGE set of brass ones. Perhaps they see a purpose in their service that you cannot see.

Our prayers will be with her and her bretheren in arms. We wish them all god-speed. But should they not come home to us,they will have given their life to save that of another. A stranger at that. And if that is not a hero, I don't know what the hell is...

To prevent another 55 million from dying.

I get that but how about this spin on things:

AMERICA DOES NOT NEED TO BE THE WORLD POLICE. Didn't we learn anything in Vietnam? We have our own wars right here within our borders. John T has pointed out countless times what he sees in the streets as a police officer. Would America not be better served to keep those same young brave souls AT HOME taking care of OUR citizens who are dying in drug wars (from outside of our boundaries) and gang wars (populated heavily with illegal aliens). The Ira and Stans have been around for centuries longer than Americans - exactly WHAT do we think we can accomplish by being in a war over there? They killed some of ours - we killed back.

Rape & torture happens here EVERY DAY. Why can't we take the umpteen billion dollars and KEEP IT HERE?? Let these other way over there countries deal with themselves like they have been for centuries. I've never understood that or understood why we'd want to try to clean someone else's house when our own is such a damn mess.

Need coffee.

Celeste

The war is taking too long. The price is higher than U.S. citizens were led to believe. Too many U.S. soldiers are dying. Congress is divided over the war. Democrats are using the the war to campaign. The nation was led to believe the war would be over in a few months...now it's years. The "Plan" that would win the war did not work. The U.S. is tired of the war, the cost is too high. The U.S. wants it to be over, wants our soldiers out. Congress threatens to pull funding to the troops. The nation and Congress want an exit strategy.

Sound like the Iraq war? It's not! That describes the sentiment of the U.S. about 200 years ago during the Civil War. If the president (Lincoln) had listened to the "popular sentiment" at that time, if the Democrats had persuaded him to take their suggestion...the U.S. would have made peace with the Confederacy and the issue of slavery would have been set aside for another day.

Thankfully we have leaders with the strength of their convictions. Freedom, suffrage...and every other right we have in this country came at a great price. Why would we expect it to come at a lower price or be more convenient anywhere else?

Is it our problem? No...it's our responsibility.

As for our new Congress...last week a "peace demonstration" was held on the steps of the U.S. Capital. The new Speaker of the House order Capital Security to stand aside and make no arrests as these demonstrators defaced the capital by spray painting the steps. Defacing public property is a crime.

If I went to the Capital and voiced my right of free speech and decided to do a little painting for the right of the unborn child, or prayer in school, or the right to say the pledge of allegiance, or against burning the flag by illegal immigrants, or posting the 10 commandments in the courthouse....do you believe Nancy P. would tell the police to stand aside?

You know there is much more important thangs to deal with than this topic.

I'm very upset, I cant get anyone to call me back about ME being the father of Anna Nicoles Smiths baby, It was our love child :heart: LOL

You're pissed about the war budget? You should take a look at what the candidates spend on their campaigns! If that doesn't alert you to the type of free-spenders these people are, I don't know what will. I understand the money they spend is from donations and such, but damn!