Sign in to follow this  
douseahouse

name change

Question

before i letter my new (used but new to me) van, i am considering changing my company name. maybe people are just slow in my area but i have to spell this name the majority of the time that i talk to potential clients and when people call they tend to mispronounce the name entirely. i'm maybe thinking of "douse your house", "randy's roof and house wash", and a few others. so, i need a little input. do you have a name to share or recommend? or, is douse a house a good name after all? thanks in advance for your input gang.

rando

13 answers to this question

I think " Randy's Roof & House Wash " is the way to go. No one will mistake what you do. It would also be easy to remember. Take care Hugh

hi randy....

i owned a restaurant for 5 yrs. with the name bric-a-bracs.... it's a long story, but the name fit the concept & was more than often referred to as many other names.... they still came to eat, but was often misspoken or incorrect.... i got to the point that i quit correcting them & just thanked them for coming.... for what its' worth....

hi randy....

i owned a restaurant for 5 yrs. with the name bric-a-bracs.... it's a long story, but the name fit the concept & was more than often referred to as many other names.... they still came to eat, but was often misspoken or incorrect.... i got to the point that i quit correcting them & just thanked them for coming.... for what its' worth....

I thought the name Grime Dawg would be self explanatory. But you wouldn't believe the number of people who come up to me and ask..."Excuse me, what is Grime Dawg!"

At first I thought, wow what a big mistake with that name.

But then the marketer in me kicked in and I thought

WOW...

how many other people actually have potential prospects coming up to them and ASKING and WANTING to know about their company?

An accident that just may warrant some consideration for those in the process of choosing their name.

Everyone thinks my biz name is a simple generic application for phone books etc. .... but it is actually my initials. People have known of my biz for a few years and seem shocked when I tell them. They just never put it together, they tell me. Oh well, I guess it still works w/ pw on the end of it.

I think if you are going to stay with PWing as your biz it should have the words in it .Presssure Washing or Power Washing, what ever, but it keeps it simple and no one has a question what you do

Douse A House ...I like!!!!!! but I know what you do others might not

I'm not much for businesses with somebodies 1st name. To me it seems like it may be a small biz and couldnt handle the bigger job. I would if I wasnt known well change my( JL ) to another name, but Im stuck with it and it is simple. But even JL I've had people think I'm saying "Jail Pressure Washing or tons of people want to add J&L

before i letter my new (used but new to me) van, i am considering changing my company name. maybe people are just slow in my area but i have to spell this name the majority of the time that i talk to potential clients and when people call they tend to mispronounce the name entirely. i'm maybe thinking of "douse your house", "randy's roof and house wash", and a few others. so, i need a little input. do you have a name to share or recommend? or, is douse a house a good name after all? thanks in advance for your input gang.

rando

You left yourself open for some digs...

I personally like the "douse a house" name.

BUT what about tailoring your name and service together...

Taylor'd Pressure Cleaning...."custom cleaning to fit your needs".

many things could be read into in that name, but it will give an identity.

We're Gary&Tonya Exterior Cleaning Services...Gar&T....(story on website..I think)

But we guarantee we'll do our best to deliver results to meet your expectations.

Yeah we get GAR (gar-age...)but its Gar&T...phonetics....yeah...slow people here too, must be the chocolate slowing the brain.

Nothing wrong with douse a house however. heck coin it as your house wash package.

Well, not having pressure washing or power washing in our name has not hurt us at all. People tell us it is catchy and memorable. My suggestion is have a logo that fits the name. I visualize a house getting a huge wet splash of water. The house might have a look on it's face that conveys a certain emotion. For example,

Happy because it is getting washed

bracing itself - here comes the water

shocked - didn't see it coming

Being different can work. Sometimes being the same loses you in the crowd.

Just my thoughts....

Beth

Stick with the one what brung ya!

I like the name, it's catchy, active, and describes the idea well.

It also rhymes, which is good, and piques the interest. I thought it was clever as soon as I saw it.:)

I can relate. Many people try to spell our name "C dirt run" We have to say "you know, like see **** and jane run up the hill" Some still don't get it and get hooked on the letter C. :lgbonk:

See what acronyms are doing to us?

Rod!~

I like the name Douse a House unless you are going to be getting into big jobs, it may seem like you only do houses. We always here that we deliver Beer or we are the Rolling stones, Rolling studs.

Brian Wendling

Rolling Suds Inc.

Mobile Power Washing

i agree,

i was afraid that maybe the name makes me sound like a residential cleaner only. good idea beth about the logo. my business card shows a bucket of water being thrown on the company name. i think a house smiling would be kewl. i'm still kicking it around before i put my name on the van and in the yellow pages. thanks for all the great input.

rando