Sign in to follow this  

What is everybodys opinion on the cox reel? I bought one about a month ago, and it's already broke. The weld that holds the "drum" onto the "axis" on the handle side has cracked and broke apart. I will be getting a refund. I want two reels. One reel to hold 150 or more of high pressure hose, and another to hold 150 water supply hose. Any suggestions?

What is everybodys opinion on the cox reel? I bought one about a month ago, and it's already broke. The weld that holds the "drum" onto the "axis" on the handle side has cracked and broke apart. I will be getting a refund. I want two reels. One reel to hold 150 or more of high pressure hose, and another to hold 150 water supply hose. Any suggestions?

Titan!!! I love my Titans

I just got a Hanney reel that I won from Bob of Pressure Tek. Havent hooked it up yet, but seems like a pretty strong reel. I hear they are good reels

I have some Rapid Reels on my trailer that I have had for 3 years now. One is the water inlet for the tank and the others are pressure reels. The only problem so far is the swivel started leaking. My New Bleach Bandit from Bob at PressureTek has a Stainless Steel Titan Hose Reel. It is strong and looks good too. I have only heard good things about Titan. I have heard several bad things about the Cox reels. I have some immitation Rapid Reel hose reels I got from E Spec a while back. They are holding up ok. Swivel went out but I run bleach, degreasers, housewash, etc... through that one. Also 3 years old.

The 2 cox reels we have do the job,but there have been problems.The powder coat started to fail with in 3 months(peeling in large sheet from the spool sides).Brake straps broke in the same time frame and 1 of the locks broke at about the 1 year mark.2 year mark one of the plastic handles froze and no longer spins on the bolt.

I tried to get the company I purchased them from to make good on them when they were 3 months old and was basically told too bad because they were used at that point and they nor Cox would do anything about it.At $180 each I would have imagined that one or both companies would have stood behind the product.

I finally just cleaned the rust in the areas where the powder coat failed and painted them.Band aid for a bigger problem,but they looked better for a while.

When I buy new reels,Cox won't be in the running.