Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Inside 911

Question

Anybody watch National Geographics show "Inside 911" I've seen it 2 times already and I always when there on watch shows of 911. I just get so mad! Are we much safer today and I just wonder why we took a lot of our troops off chasing Bin Laden

Radical Clerics..............CIA kill those who speak to kill us. You know they are going to get us again, it could be in 10 days or 10 years, but they get us

Damn I hate these peice of crap radical Islam or what ever you want to call them. Hell we let every Illegal in over the borders for cheap labor , guess were the radicals will come in if they want. Hell we'll let them cash a check at Bank of America so they can buy bomb making stuff and it will be a phony ID. Some times I think we are just doomed, I pray not

Nuke em all and lets finish it now

Sorry for the rant 911 shows really get to me. God Bless all the 911 familys

96 answers to this question

Kevin I can't disagree with you, it is all a rehashing. Sadly It is all politics, but what do we do stay or go?? I just dont see much reason or hope for staying. I cant stand Pelosi i wish she would screw up so we could get her out of there, because thats the only way they do things in Washington. I think we have some of the weakest Democrats ever now in Washington, I hope I'm proven wrong, but I cant stand or trust Bush and Im hoping that at the end of his term we will get someone that can work with both sides who ever wins.

Pork is everywhere, they all pass bills that are worthless, when will they learn?

I know your son and all that who are in the military are smart people. I hope they can see that even us who want them out are behind them 100% and thats the main reason we want them out

I have stated before I'd be willing to fight if i thought we had a winable plan. I hate to leave unfinished and in defeat. I still to this day wish we just didnt go in, but that doesnt matter anymore.

I wish someone could tell me how we could do this thing right and win. Can it be done and how

We love our soldiers Kevin even liberal old me and many like me. Believe it!!

I'm done

To make things Iraq work we will have to focus on setting up a system similar to that of Bosnia.Yeah,we were there too.

Each faction has their own government in their particular region with all of them tied loosely together by one central government.

Scott...do you mean something like the United States of America? :D

Very similar,but the cnetral government has less control.At least that's how I see what Bosnia has currently.It's not a full fledged democracy like America's.

To make things Iraq work we will have to focus on setting up a system similar to that of Bosnia.Yeah,we were there too.

Each faction has their own government in their particular region with all of them tied loosely together by one central government.

I agree but some areas have the oil and some dont, so they will be fighting over who gets the oil & money. i figure it would be good to seperate them if they can work it out. I hope someone is working on a plan like that or something simular that could be worked out or as Phil says I say NUKE THEM BROWN PEOPLE....onlyyyyyyyyyyyy kiddddddddddiiiiinnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg. You know something Phil I never thought of them as Brown People , now Towel Heads is more like it. Damn I try to be so liberal and then I blow it with a very UN PC remark like that. What would my Idol Teddy Kennedy say about me:winking:

I agree but some areas have the oil and some dont, so they will be fighting over who gets the oil & money. i figure it would be good to seperate them if they can work it out. I hope someone is working on a plan like that or something simular that could be worked out or as Phil says I say NUKE THEM BROWN PEOPLE....onlyyyyyyyyyyyy kiddddddddddiiiiinnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg. You know something Phil I never thought of them as Brown People , now Towel Heads is more like it. Damn I try to be so liberal and then I blow it with a very UN PC remark like that. What would my Idol Teddy Kennedy say about me:winking:

To be truely UN PC you should have said "Hamper Heads"

And

TK would ask you if you wanted a drink.

Glad this thread is back on track and fun again. Too many quotes to cite, but highlights are:

Our token leftist Jeff says:

everything is political and Bush is one of the best at playing politics so do we follow him, do we trust him, no we cant its seems to many that this is a game and it isnt.

Jeff come on, you are nearly as old as I am. GWB is with no doubt the worst political president in my lifetime. He eclipses Richard M. Nixon in the pantheon of bad politicians. Now Spiro Agnew is another story and in a class by himself. Horrifying.

You further tip your hand by posting:

now Towel Heads is more like it. Damn I try to be so liberal and then I blow it with a very UN PC remark like that. What would my Idol Teddy Kennedy say about me

Hah! Never play poker, you have "mark" written on your forehead! Bless you Jeff, you do have a sense of self depreciating humor. A sign of a good honest man. Never met you but I like you.

Mafia Scott counters with a

TK would ask you if you wanted a drink.

Thats a good left hook. I'll follow with a right uppercut. Ted Kennedy will ask you about childhood swimming lessons while muttering about big money and local judicial payoffs. The man is a buffoon and an embarrassment to the country, the senate, his state, and his poor, long suffering family. The poor Kennedy's. What a terrible fate of history to be left with Ted as a shameful living legacy.

Glad this thread is back on track and fun again. Too many quotes to cite, but highlights are:

Our token leftist Jeff says:

Jeff come on, you are nearly as old as I am. GWB is with no doubt the worst political president in my lifetime. He eclipses Richard M. Nixon in the pantheon of bad politicians. Now Spiro Agnew is another story and in a class by himself. Horrifying.

You further tip your hand by posting:

Hah! Never play poker, you have "mark" written on your forehead! Bless you Jeff, you do have a sense of self depreciating humor. A sign of a good honest man. Never met you but I like you.

Mafia Scott counters with a

Thats a good left hook. I'll follow with a right uppercut. Ted Kennedy will ask you about childhood swimming lessons while muttering about big money and local judicial payoffs. The man is a buffoon and an embarrassment to the country, the senate, his state, and his poor, long suffering family. The poor Kennedy's. What a terrible fate of history to be left with Ted as a shameful living legacy.

Alright, Rick you're a republican and you're being somewhat nice to me and paying a compliment. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IS THIS SOME RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY. Who do you know Rick, I just heard helicopters outside, damn and its black LOL DUDE

He may be the worst political president but he got elected twice ( Even thou he lost the popular vote by 500,000, damn electoral college)and gets away with a lot of stuff......

Teds my buddy. I was born and lived most of my life in Mass, figures huh. Did you know that GW also drove off a bridge when he was bending over to snort a line of coke, when his car went off the bridge he killed a few mexicans crossing the Rio Grande, thats why he lets them all in USA now he feels guilty. His dad in the CIA covered it up...Did I say GW felt guilty Ha Ha Ha I am cracking up

JL

VOTE DEM IN 2008

Mr. Jeff,

I was dead serious. Anyone who has attained the wisdom to laugh at themselves is at heart a good human being. One of the first measures of greatness.

GW also drove off a bridge when he was bending over to snort a line of coke, when his car went off the bridge he killed a few mexicans crossing the Rio Grande, thats why he lets them all in USA now he feels guilty. His dad in the CIA covered it up...Did I say GW felt guilty Ha Ha Ha I am cracking up
GW obviously needs practice.

Mr. Jeff,

I was dead serious. Anyone who has attained the wisdom to laugh at themselves is at heart a good human being. One of the first measures of greatness.

GW obviously needs practice.

Very nice of you to say. I think Phillip was trying to tell me that too, he just couldnt find the right words, he's kind of slow upstairs. LOL

Thanks again Dude

Jeff,

Nothing nice about it. If we can't laugh at ourselves, our foibles, prejudices, and mindset, we're lost to mediocrity. Not in tune. And that is a wasted life. Dumb meat on an obscure planet.

Philip is one smart puppy. Not necessarily right, but a thinker and a philosopher.

Scary thing here for me to consider would be that of thinking I know who really would go ahead and push the button and they don't even know it.

Sepperate, segragate, don't think it hopeless over there.... Simple fact is when war isn't going how things could then changes are in order. No one has the kahonas to do them changes though as it may be looked by some as a save face regression type act. I say hell with that..tare down boundaries and move everyone around. Put that whole sorry excuse of an organized goobermint at square one and let them play checkers on their own.. Who here really cares if this side or that gets the riches as long as the world still gets sold the oil??..

This nation building/policing thing is way old and reminds me of the song by Cake called Race car Yaya's.. ..carry on folks.. good amount of content today..lol

I know your son and all that who are in the military are smart people. I hope they can see that even us who want them out are behind them 100% and thats the main reason we want them out

And this is where I have a problem with war opponents saying they *support* the troops. Follow my logic:

They (the troops) are there on the ground, front and center. They are seeing it for real, not on CNN. They sleep in the dirt. The bombs they hear do not come from the radio speakers. They don't just know someone who lost a son, they saw, smelled, and tasted a buddy's brains splattered on their clothes. For them it is not a BS session on TGS. It is for real, no bullshit, life or death. 3200 dead is not a statistic, it's their odds a life sized game of russian roulette. AND THEY SUPPORT THE WAR. Strongly enough to wager their OWN LIFE...

Now; If they are for the war and you are against it, how exactly are you supporting them?

What now you want to start a thread about God......OHHHHHH NOOOOOOOO here we go LOL

Now that was funny! At least on that thread, you and I would probably be on the same side...

I choose not to debate you at all, you are much to rude to me and others. No one can voice a veiw, without you, your tone and your words being nasty.

That's your prerogative. While I don't regret my statements, I do regret that you have been offended.

There are other posters here that have totally opposite and strong views than mine, but they can post & rebut what i say or others say without being a

Actually, I think you give your fellow PW'ers more credit than they deserve. Many of them are being an a** they just won't say it to your face. I've got a stack of private replies that make mine look like the PG version.

That said, I'm not ever going to sit back and let the recently invented facts fly without calling BS. Nor am I going to let someone else use clever words and doublespeak to provide cover for their personal political agenda.

If a person stands for something, then by God they should stand up and be accountable for their position. Don't adopt a position and then go find 50 reasons to justify why you have no choice but to take that position. That's how spineless people (and slimy politicans) debate.

"I voted for the war before I voted against it" - JK

"it's for the children" - HRC

"Read my lips [...] a tax increase at this time appears neccessary" - GHWB.

I tend to think that regardless of seeds planted and what entity waters them in the end the fruit bearing recipient must be the one to be willing to seek conversion and believe or like the fruit. Although we all fall into the trap of apologetics of this or that at some point many just plainly dislike a whole bushell falling on their head at once.... such is life, 911, redtape, stealing of freedoms, war in general, opinion, etc. etc... .. everything in moderation.

I think everyone here is rather smart and rather wise as far as forums go.

I think all would do well in attempted understanding of how the other forms their beliefs or opinions.

I relate communication difficulties between peoples as problematic but not overwhelmingly impossable. With abit of delving into peoples differing understanding of discipline and how it relates to love and responsability we some times can find common ground beyond the character disorders we see in each other. I suggest if you wish to understand another then politely ask them to share with you their ideas of what makes them willing rather than willful and leave at that.

The immediate 'blasting' of others here in this thread are a bit out of line if one were to consider the topic of blasting another as put forth in the book 'A Road Less Traveled' by M. Scott Peck.. I seriously think that if your searching for to understand anothers way then you check it out for yourself and the others around you...Well that is my contribution of love to this thread....

"Love is the will to extend ones self for the spiritual growth of ones self or another"

That's your prerogative. While I don't regret my statements, I do regret that you have been offended.

Actually, I think you give your fellow PW'ers more credit than they deserve. Many of them are being an a** they just won't say it to your face. I've got a stack of private replies that make mine look like the PG version.

That said, I'm not ever going to sit back and let the recently invented facts fly without calling BS. Nor am I going to let someone else use clever words and doublespeak to provide cover for their personal political agenda.

If a person stands for something, then by God they should stand up and be accountable for their position. Don't adopt a position and then go find 50 reasons to justify why you have no choice but to take that position. That's how spineless people (and slimy politicans) debate.

"I voted for the war before I voted against it" - JK

"it's for the children" - HRC

"Read my lips [...] a tax increase at this time appears neccessary" - GHWB.

Phil my beliefs are mine, as for what you think, its your thoughts. I listen and learn every day. I just go back to some of my original statements, (as confusing as some of them are to read) But they are my thoughts and beliefs, I'm not one to worry what others think about me or what I say. I'm not much for status quo or following the leader if I was I wouldnt be posting about war & politics on this BB, because for the large part most on here are much more to the right of me. As we debate, argue, laugh I will say the war has nothing to do with my political agenda. I want our men & women out of there, There are many republicans that feel the war should end in the near future but they arent willing to go against their party, more and more are coming out since the last election but many are just riding the fence & spineless, I think we are in a no win situation and thats why I feel we should have a plan to get out.

As for how spineless people debate, I can asure you my life has created a pretty strong backbone for me and i can say LIFE IS GOOD.. Now as for debating skills I sure wish I was good at it, but I SUCK at it. As for offending me ya i get pissed at some of your BS, but thats partially because of my lack of debating skills.

I dont think anything in life is as black & white as you do on this subject

I'll just leave it that , I think your wrong on this war and I'm right, neither of us are going to change

Hey Phil, what credible evidence is there that Bin Laden is dead? As for the Synthetic Intelligence Progam at MIT, I heard they're selling that in pill form now. :lgbugeyes

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

The Great Debate seems to be winding down to a close. Although I do not agree with you, I think you held your own admirably and definitely do not "SUCK at it." Maybe a bit wacky and wishful thinking at times, but...JUST KIDDING. For your fortitude in sticking with it, maybe this may help in the future.

I collect quotes. Little ditties, wise sayings, etc. from the famous and obscure. I actually harvested one from you posted sometime ago on TGS that is hilarious. You get credit in the tag line.

Throwing half FULL beers away, thats alcohol abuse. Shame on you.

-- J. LeCours

Anyway, heres one you may be able to use in the future as a retort or a left jab if their argument gets under your skin. Change as needed.

I am returning this otherwise good typing paper to you because someone has printed gibberish all over it and put your name at the top.

- An English Professor

But they are my thoughts and beliefs, I'm not one to worry what others think about me or what I say. I'm not much for status quo or following the leader if I was I wouldnt be posting about war & politics on this BB, because for the large part most on here are much more to the right of me. As we debate, argue, laugh I will say the war has nothing to do with my political agenda. I want our men & women out of there, There are many republicans that feel the war should end in the near future but they arent willing to go against their party, more and more are coming out since the last election but many are just riding the fence & spineless, I think we are in a no win situation and thats why I feel we should have a plan to get out.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, sometimes others know how to say what someone else just can't seem to get across. Very well put.

Rod!~

I tend to think that regardless of seeds planted and what entity waters them in the end the fruit bearing recipient must be the one to be willing to seek conversion and believe or like the fruit. Although we all fall into the trap of apologetics of this or that at some point many just plainly dislike a whole bushell falling on their head at once.... such is life, 911, redtape, stealing of freedoms, war in general, opinion, etc. etc... .. everything in moderation.

I think everyone here is rather smart and rather wise as far as forums go.

I think all would do well in attempted understanding of how the other forms their beliefs or opinions.

I relate communication difficulties between peoples as problematic but not overwhelmingly impossable. With abit of delving into peoples differing understanding of discipline and how it relates to love and responsability we some times can find common ground beyond the character disorders we see in each other. I suggest if you wish to understand another then politely ask them to share with you their ideas of what makes them willing rather than willful and leave at that.

The immediate 'blasting' of others here in this thread are a bit out of line if one were to consider the topic of blasting another as put forth in the book 'A Road Less Traveled' by M. Scott Peck.. I seriously think that if your searching for to understand anothers way then you check it out for yourself and the others around you...Well that is my contribution of love to this thread....

"Love is the will to extend ones self for the spiritual growth of ones self or another"

When you have something to share, you say it well

Jeff,

I really don't know how you do it.When I was a moderator and shared my very passionate views it lead to chaos. Kudos

I'm a moderator? ............................................lol thanks Scott

Its called controlled chaos, killing with kindness, babbling bulls**t and biting my tongue. Its tough when Phil is on your a**. I love this s**t:)

Scott chaos can be fun too

I'm a moderator? ............................................lol thanks Scott

Its called controlled chaos, killing with kindness, babbling bulls**t and biting my tongue. Its tough when Phil is on your a**. I love this s**t:)

Scott chaos can be fun too

I live it daily......