Sign in to follow this  
Craig

Biggest Surface Cleaner

Question

11 answers to this question

Craig, last year I thought you said Bob was building you a 60" surface cleaner. I remember you saying it was going to be better than the Swabby you wanted to buy. Did the 60" surface cleaner not work out?

I had to hold off due to some personal matters. He doesn't make them any more. Hydrotek has 38" and I might hook two of them together with a custom made device if I can't find a little bigger one out there.

P.S. I'm putting together a better website, but thanks. :^)

I have a 36" and for me it is too big. I am using a 5.5 gpm pump. I have to walk so slow with it. I have made a check valve tee to hook two machines together so I can use my 5.5 gpm and my 4 gpm pump. I have a two bar spinner now but was thinking about going to a a three bar if I run it with 9.5 gpm. I still have to get the right sized tips. For commercial it would be ok but I wish I would have bought a 24" instead.

If you were to get a 60" would that have to have tips in the middle of the bars as well as the ends? Also what kind of gpm's will be going through it to get that bar spinning? I know that with 5.5 gpm a 36" doesn't clean very fast although the path is nice and wide.

I know this doesn't help with your situation I am just putting info out there for others who may look into buying one.

Michael- that video is almost exactly what I was thinking. Thanks!

Steve- the biggest one you should be using is around a 27", I think. I will be running 16 GPM total- enough to power two 38" machines. The video Michael posted is almost exact to the drawing I had made of the two 38" hooked together.

Thanks for the info guys

Craig

I like that big one. Even with 8gpm though, I still have to go pretty slow with my 30" big guy.

Just an aside on that video. There has to be a better way to clean wood. Hmmm.

Also, can you imagine how your back would feel after cleaning that wall like that?

By the way. Welcome back Craig. Havnt seen you in a long while.

Jon- have you considered raising the deck height and putting 25 degree nozzles on? I've done this with my Hydrotwisters to make 'em go a little faster. Works well if you have 3500 psi or higher. 3000 is a little weak but it can still work.

I have also angled the nozzles steeper in to the concrete. The bar will spin faster allowing you to go faster.

and it's good to be back!

Craig