Sign in to follow this  
One Tough Pressure

Planning the best trailer

I would like to hear what most people would consider to be their best ideas to incorporate into a trailer.

To put a limit on it, I will say that it will be pulled with a minimum of a 3/4 ton pick up or better.

I was kicking around the idea of a flatbed over the wheel trailer so that the sides could have tool boxes underneath, a hose reel at the rear center (under), and fuel or chemical tanks below the deck as well. I know a trailer that size is not reasonable for residential work or smaller trucks. By the time it was done, it would be a $10,000 plus trailer which would still be an open trailer and have no equipment on it yet.

So lets hear your wildest dreams for a pw trailer.

This may sound cheesey, but when I make the jump to enclosed trailer, I will definately mount camper's toilet or the like. Being stuck with nowhere to go can really be a problem. As crazy as it sounds, with only 1 properly functioning kidney, I am secretly eyeing a "spot" when I run bids.

Does this have anything to do with PWtrailer setups? IMO it does.

Open trailers do not allow that luxury.

This is probably not the response you were looking for Alan,

but for me it can be a constant concern.

Fortunatly my windows are blacked out and the inside of a suburban is another country in itself so there is plenty of room to whatever.

I can't be the only one...........

I have a 14ft flatbed Ford F-550 that has 6 hose reels on it along with a 48hp diesel Powerwasher and 2 seperate propane Burners. There are two elliptical water tanks on there with one being 525 gallons and the other is 325 gallons. I may take out the 325 gallon tank and put a smaller tank around 200 gallons so I can mount a sprayer on the flatbed. There is also a 30 gallon stainless steel Diesel gas tank on the flatbed on the same side as the dieseld gas tank for the truck is which is below the flatbed. I may plumb the powerwasher into the truck diesel tank so I can have more room on the flatbed. There are also 2- surface machines on the flatbed along with some extendable wands. Underneath the flatbed is a 4ft long storage box and on the other side is a 100gallon propane tank for the burners. This Truck set-up is great for flatwork jobs especially commercial. When need be I have an 18ft enclosed trailer with a ton of stuff in there two clean all types of residential and buildings etc....oh yea and a **** cup....

It would be easier to take a picture of this flatbed but right now its so dirty from alot of usage that it would be a crime to post a picture of it so dirty. When I get it cleaned up I'll take some pictures and show it on the net.

Sounds like shades of Jon's trailer, except his wasn't a deck over. I am getting ready to redo my trailer, but I think that I am going to have to retire teh 12 ft. trailer and go to my 16. I need to get more equipment on it and the 12 is full. I really like the shorter trailer, especially in parking garages that are in use.

John has the nicest toys! Glad to hear they are all dirty from use...

The BEST trailer is, NOT.

Let's go back to your last idea... how about a big skid with heavy duty camper jacks so it can lift up and you can drive that new Ford under it...

Some part of storage can overhang the cab and you could extend out the back quite a bit past down tailgate if you incorporated lights..

It would all be better with a flatbed, wouldn't it?

r

That would be a cool idea. Have a distributor somewhere if there is not one out there already doing this where the whole Pickup truck set-up can be Jacked down on the outside of the truck so the truck can drive away with the Truck set-up left at a jobsite or in your driveway. That would be cool. Have it like one of those campers that go on the back of the truck. This way you can always use that truck for something else without the bed being so filled up.

Yes Scott, I took the tank idea from Jon's rig. He had a 35 gallon tank wedged under there and saved a good amount of space on a very packed trailer.

John,

I would rather see a dirty Ford than a clean Chevy anyday. So you took the washer out of the enclosed and put it on the 550? Is the trailer just for parts and accessories now?

I still like my slide in unit idea, but will not be able to carry everything even with cab over. If I am going to still need a trailer, then I might as well put it all on there.

The trailer builder also builds top racks where a ton of lighter stuff could go. Of course as soon as I go that high, I will get calls for more garage cleanings.

It would not work for parking garage use, but buy one of those "POD" trucks and container. Put every thing in the POD, drop at work site when needed.

Everything on my flatbed from the ground up is no higher then about 7ft so this truck can fit in parking garages. Alot of times there isn't much more clearance then 7'4" in parking garages so an enclosed trailer set-up would not get in there.

I have a 16ft Hammerhead trailer built by Emmerson Trailer with twin 7500 lb axles this thing is solid! It holds my 525 poly, 2 skids (Older),my generator, some reels and I still have about 4 feet for my new upright & 8gpm. However the next rig will be on a flat bed truck! Less tires, brakes, or lights to fix or replace.

This may sound cheesey, but when I make the jump to enclosed trailer, I will definately mount camper's toilet or the like. Being stuck with nowhere to go can really be a problem. As crazy as it sounds, with only 1 properly functioning kidney, I am secretly eyeing a "spot" when I run bids.

Does this have anything to do with PWtrailer setups? IMO it does.

Open trailers do not allow that luxury.

This is probably not the response you were looking for Alan,

but for me it can be a constant concern.

Fortunatly my windows are blacked out and the inside of a suburban is another country in itself so there is plenty of room to whatever.

I can't be the only one...........

Save the money on the camper's toilet. 5 gallon bucket works fine, and is easier to dump. If you've gotta do #2, just fill it with water first. I discovered the first time why toilets have water in them...

Save the money on the camper's toilet. 5 gallon bucket works fine, and is easier to dump. If you've gotta do #2, just fill it with water first. I discovered the first time why toilets have water in them...

LOL! do you clean off with a ball valve?

Scott has a something on his trailer that i have not seen on trailers before. I in fact had never thought about what he has done.

Its a great idea and i wont share it, I wonder if it would work in cold areas? I also wonder if it could be built in box or enclosed trailers.

Scott may not think it was such a great idea, maybe he may have thought it couldnt be done any other way.

I have never seen a trailer built like Scotts and that why we never see any close pictures.

Scott has a something on his trailer that i have not seen on trailers before. I in fact had never thought about what he has done.

Its a great idea and i wont share it, I wonder if it would work in cold areas? I also wonder if it could be built in box or enclosed trailers.

Scott may not think it was such a great idea, maybe he may have thought it couldnt be done any other way.

I have never seen a trailer built like Scotts and that why we never see any close pictures.

Then why even mention it Ron? I think I know what you refer to though, but hate to tell the wrong secret. I have seen pics and the the item I have in mind is not visible.