Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Fall work

Question

Hows work going for everyone this Fall? Are you busy, did you get the amount of work you thought you were for this time of year?

I know a lot of guys were expecting a lot of work this time of year. what kind of work are you getting, houses, wood etc

We are very busy with the condo/PM work. A lot of it is repeat work or jobs from PM's we worked for before, just different properties or properties they have added to their other properties

Whats everyone doing. I see their was a lot of warm weather up north, that should of helped getting more work

Hope you all is OK

Jeff

21 answers to this question

BUSY ! 7 estimates for Friday so far and phone is ringing. please God, let it stay warm through December. My September was flat (no growth, no loss). October is going to be up about 70%. I'm booked straight through.

Has the warm weather slowed down the fall foliage. the leaves turning color yet?

May be a good Nov or Dec for gutter cleaning, get some extra Christmas money:)

The last few weeks were slow but I received a few calls today for quotes. Another quote given over a week ago came through today too. I have been doing a few painting jobs to fill in the gaps. The drought here continues and I beleive that has slowed things down also.

I think out west we are in for an early winter. Snow already in the Sierra's and calling for rain throughout the rest of the week.

We just finished up with 2 very well paying projects in which I think were timely - looking forward to spend more time with the family as we enter into the holiday season. Doing Thanksgiving at the house this year and then heading to Vegas for X-mas.

I think out west we are in for an early winter. Snow already in the Sierra's and calling for rain throughout the rest of the week.

We just finished up with 2 very well paying projects in which I think were timely - looking forward to spend more time with the family as we enter into the holiday season. Doing Thanksgiving at the house this year and then heading to Vegas for X-mas.

I heard Santa likes Vegas

kinda off base but How many of you guys get calls or market gutter clean out leaves and such in the fall. I haven't started PWing or even buying any equip yet but if there was a big enough demand in my area I could go get a backpack blower and start blowing off roofs and gutters to help save for equip this spring.

kinda off base but How many of you guys get calls or market gutter clean out leaves and such in the fall. I haven't started PWing or even buying any equip yet but if there was a big enough demand in my area I could go get a backpack blower and start blowing off roofs and gutters to help save for equip this spring.

Many, many pressure washing companies offer gutter cleaning, me too

Been staying really busy Jeff. considering this my first yr. in Tx as a business owner, i have been targeting upper tier clients. Had more work than I caounted on over the Summer and some really interesting projects. more than I can count. It's slowing a bit, but my winter campaign is going to bring in the lollygaggers. I am doing so much better here in Tx compared to the 7th circle of hell ( I mean Atlanta). To my surprise, I have exceeded my earnings this year over last year in ATL, with no commercials accts. I might add. Only doing resi's now a days and it is a great feeling to know next year will be better. As winter sets in (DEC-JAN) around here, I will be focusing on completing the build on helicopter. The season is far from over and there is still alot of work lined up.......but like I said it is starting to slow a bit. Hopefully I have my nuts stored up in the right places for the winter.

So yeah I guess I can pat myself on the back so far. Not bad for closing shop, moving, and setting up shop again. Whew glad all that is behind me.

Hope it all continues to serve you well through the winter.

For what it's worth, we rarely see anything below 40 in Dec. Jan. is when it really gets cold for a spell.

Been staying really busy Jeff. considering this my first yr. in Tx as a business owner, i have been targeting upper tier clients. Had more work than I caounted on over the Summer and some really interesting projects. more than I can count. It's slowing a bit, but my winter campaign is going to bring in the lollygaggers. I am doing so much better here in Tx compared to the 7th circle of hell ( I mean Atlanta). To my surprise, I have exceeded my earnings this year over last year in ATL, with no commercials accts. I might add. Only doing resi's now a days and it is a great feeling to know next year will be better. As winter sets in (DEC-JAN) around here, I will be focusing on completing the build on helicopter. The season is far from over and there is still alot of work lined up.......but like I said it is starting to slow a bit. Hopefully I have my nuts stored up in the right places for the winter.

So yeah I guess I can pat myself on the back so far. Not bad for closing shop, moving, and setting up shop again. Whew glad all that is behind me.

Hope it all continues to serve you well through the winter.

For what it's worth, we rarely see anything below 40 in Dec. Jan. is when it really gets cold for a spell.

Great move, good for you!

40 degrees we are spraying. last year we had to wait a few hours in the morning. I didnt like the icicles we were making, it was fine by 10am

Real glad it worked out so well and so fast for you

Jeff

Many, many pressure washing companies offer gutter cleaning, me too

how do you clean them out if there walkable. I want to be able to knock out as many as posible with my limited time.

2 jobs and a biz class to save up for PW equip. :newbie:

I am doing so much better here in Tx compared to the 7th circle of hell ( I mean Atlanta).

Hey Adrian!! Be kind now!! JK Glad to hear all is well with you.

Mike

Rain is falling right now and is one small storm after another every other day which makes for impossable exterior schedule. If not for interior work I don't think things would be considered viable or sustainable as even though things are being scheduled a couple week out the checks won't get signed till they done.... Pushing gutter work could be viable but it is lucrative?