Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

Your Favorite Charity

Question

9 answers to this question

Good question Ken...

We sponsor a child in the slums (India) - so extra $ his way would help with schooling, food, water etc....

My wife is a nurse and works with a lot of people with mental health problems and cancer and sees the effect these have on individuals and their families - there are a lot of charities providing support and funding research that could use a few more $....

Then there is...

It can become quite overwhelming trying to solve the problems of the world, wondering what difference can I make.

But it really is a case of every little bit makes a difference to someone.

Our favorite Charity is Suzie's Friends Animal Shelter. It was built and is owned and operated by me, John Allison and my wife Shelley Allison.

This 'state of the art' shelter is, by all accounts, the finest, most modern shelter in the Sotheast and is made possible through the profits from YOUR purchases.

Our annual budget to operate the shelter is over $300,000.00 and we only receive approximately $1,500.00 in annual donations.

Another thing that we are both proud and thankfull for are our wonderful employee. Since we do not have any volunteers these great people start their day cleaning up, emptying litter pans, feeding the dogs and pressure washing the entire kennel facility BEFORE the start their day at EnviroSpec. So, out of every 8 hour work day approximately 3 hours from each employee are spent with our animals which - today - amout to over 100 each.

Weekends my wife & I spend at PetsMart trying to find homes for our little buddies. That generally results in approximately 18 people-hours to adopt one animal. It would be less but we inspect every home of every potential adopter. We will not adopt to anyone who will give our animals less that what we give them at the shelter.

If you want to see how nice they have it take a look at this Video. It is my first stab at this so don't laugh.

Here is a video of our Animal Shelter

Merry Christmas and thank you for all you do for Suzie's Friends through you purchases from EnviroSpec.

My wife and I sponsor a child in Brazil through Compassion International. When we have money I like to donate to the Salvation Army. Almost every penny goes to someone in need.

We have not donated to an animal shelter but we do have five dogs four of which are rescue dogs from the local shelter. The fifth belonged to my wife's mother and we took her when she passed away.

This is an interesting subject for someone who has given money and his self. I take care of a safe house for battered Kids, remove Graffiti as needed in play grounds in my hood ( named after my daughter ). Once you do this the request get larger!!!!!!! You must go in cogneedo(spelling)..

American Red Cross gets my attention most of the time. I give funds and blood. I like them because they are everywhere nobody wants to be.

After that, Salvation Army and the Disabled American Veterans get bucks and stuff to sell.

I do free carwashes for an area church youth group each summer.

I'd like to do more and contribute more, I've been disproportionately well blessed in too many ways to count. Sharing my good fortune is a responsibility I feel more and more as I do better each year.