Sign in to follow this  
copgib

Burglarized

Question

I came home today around 2pm from a cleaning job and found my home burgarized. The subjects pryed open the side door of my garage with deadbolt attached. The responding deputies stated it look like I might have spooked the intruders by arriving home unexpectly. There were foot tracks where someone jumped my fence and ran through the woods to a side dirt road where another person may have been waiting in a car. Beside ramsacking my house, all my wife's expensive jewlery was taken, a 5-gal watter bottle with about $200 in change with it and a Wii machine I just purchased last month. Of course they left the games and controllers behind. What really bothers me, is that I had a badge from my old Sheriff's Department they gave me when I retired sitting on my office desk that was taken also. We really feel violated and now that they have seen what I have in the house I suspect they will return sometime. Well I have my 38 loaded and waiting for them. The deputies that responded canvased the nieghbors and alot of them stated that lately there had been a couple young guys knocking on their doors asking if they had any scrape metal that they wanted to get rid of. More than likely, they were just checking to see if anyone was in the homes. Unfortunately, I wasn't home at the time they came by. I had my new laptop and digital camera in plain site but they never took either of them. I can only hope that law enforcement will finally catch these suckers. Tomorrow I get some bids on an alarm system for my home! Hugh

11 answers to this question

Hugh....gosh man I am very sorry to hear about that. Not sure how I would feel if I came home and found someone lurking around. mmmm.

Well, the ole' 38 would do the trick. Sorry to hear about your wifes jewerly.

I hate to hear about s%*t like this, these lowlife scroungers don't know what a hard days work or what it means to earn your possessions... I hope you and your wife can find some way to sleep easy... with a bit of fortune those two scumbags will get what they are due.

Back in Scotland, we had a guy come round asking if we wanted our gutters cleaned - we told him no thanks, he ended up robbing the old lady next door to us - these people are just dirt.

sorry to hear this happened to you...:furious:

Hugh. We are real sorry for you. Sounds like kids or crackheads, who else would bother taking $200 in change. Check the pawn shops and talk to them, they can help when the jerks bring your stuff in. I have seen people that will use their own ID's pawning stolen stuff, they dont care as long as they get the money for crack. If you have any pictures or at least a list give it to the pawn shops

Hope you catch the scum bags

Sorry

Jeff

Sorry to hear about your bad day, but be thankful to God that you and your family are all right, everything else is replacable!

They will be punished on day, you can bank on it!!

Thanks everyone for your comments. I didn't get much sleep last night, the neighbors dog kept barking. I have a 2-story house so I kept going downstairs with my .38 checking things out. Now I am waiting on an alarm system company to come by to give me an estimate for installation. My wife stayed home from work because she is sick over losing all her real nice jewery. I believe it was kids or young adults also. Taking my Wii game console lets me believe they weren't that old. Anyway thanks for all the nice comments. Hugh

Hugh,

You can check the commerce bank(by me they have change machines) to see if guys came in to convert the change at those machines or kiosks and, i guess, the next best bet would be having a video camera installed . Sucks to think you've been violated.

I do have insurance on my household items, but for jewlery, if you don't have it appraised they will only give you a max of $2500. My insurance company will be cutting me a check for about $4000 but when we totalled everthing including all the jewlery I bought my wife overseas while in the Navy, my total loss was around $16,000. I can assure you if that subject trys to return for more items, I will put some lead in his butt. My new alarm system gets installed on Wednesday. Take care Hugh