Taxes under Clinton 1999 ------------
Taxes under Bush 2008

Single making 30K - tax $8,400 - Single making 30K - tax $4,500

Single making 50K - tax $14,000- Single making 50K - tax $12,500

Single making 75K - tax $23,250- Single making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 60K - tax $16,800- Married making 60K- tax $9,000

Married making 75K - tax $21,000- Married making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 125K - tax $38,750- Married making 125K - tax $31,250

If you want to know just how effective the mainstream media is, it is amazing how many people that fall
into the categories above think Bush is screwing them and Bill Clinton was the greatest President ever.

If any democrat is elected, ALL of them say they will repeal the Bush tax cuts and a good portion of the people that fall into the categories above can't wait for it to happen. This is like the movie "The Sting" with Paul Newman; you scam somebody out of their money and they don't even know what happened

79 answers to this question

.....Does anyone want to take an honest stab at why that is?

Most black people hold on to the slave past and keep that mentality. A minority of their population leave the past in the past and believe in the opportunity that America has for them and become leaders. The rest willingly enslave themselves because they think the government owes them. Strange how the republican party set them free isn't it? So why do blacks get elected? they give the majority what they want, less freedom and more government. Just think if a black republican candidate told the people to get off welfare, get an education, forget about the past, think about others and not yourself ect...they would flat out loose cause the people want more government!

Excuse me ? I am a Black Woman...I am educated and I own a bussiness.. I come to this site to educate myself and to help my clients...You sir...have issues....! I do not... I am a proud American..

Easy now, the topic is about taxes and Bush, who is an idiot by anyone's standard. Even the Republican party at this point. And they new it all along its just the idiologs like Limbaugh pushing the "party line", the officials are pupits for the corparates. Both sides.

But we are almost all buisness people here and lets see if anyone who makes what they made last year goe's out and buys all new high end gear spending many times what they did and then cut your rates. Hmmm! Kinda like the 99.00 house wash guy banking on volume and quick sales for beer money, not intending to be around for the aftermath of people wanting "a deal" next year. Math doesn't work out long but it sure looks good. Bushs' tax "plan" all along was a GOP do whatever it takes to make everyone happy and keep power for the last 8 yrs so they could load up the US Suprem Court with GOP puppets. Knowing all along there would be several retire during that time. You just wait and see whats about to happen now that the GOP has CONTROL!! of the Suprem Court. Bush was just a puppet doing what he was told. McCain will be good if he doesn't compitulate too much to the GOP to get the money he needs to run. But I'm afraid he will.

I won't get into politics on this forum, but suffice it to say: I am right and anyone disagreeing with me is wrong. :)

Adrian: Tomorrow we meet . . . perhaps politics will come up. :)

I won't get into politics on this forum, but suffice it to say: I am right and anyone disagreeing with me is wrong. :)

You're right too. Cool someone just like me LOL

Excuse me ? I am a Black Woman...I am educated and I own a bussiness.. I come to this site to educate myself and to help my clients...You sir...have issues....! I do not... I am a proud American..

Hey slightmold. Welcome to the BB. Hows Asheville doing biz wise? Do you know Neil from Asheville, he's on these BB's some. He a top end kind of guy and smart

ANYBODY talk to Neill lately, I haven't seen him out here much at all for some time

You there NEIL?????

Jeff:

We weren't in a recession in Bush's first year, nor are we in one now. Look up what "recession" means. The economy certainly isn't growing as fast as it has in the past, or as fast as it could, but we are not in a recession.

Slight Mold, welcome to the forum. We are glad to have you here and love to help out.

I'll be the first to admit that I am not all the politicol savvy that most have here on this topic.

.... I simply liked Huckabee because he plays a mean Bass guitar.

Which means he probably takes the low road, and doesn't think or approach certain areas by normal standards.

I would just like to see a "Rockin" Pres.

.... again welcome to the forum.

I am sure I would be a better spokeperson for deck resto, Guitars or, aircraft.

But I am looking forward to meeting you and helping out any way I can.

I love my Fender!!!!!!!!

Jeff:

We weren't in a recession in Bush's first year, nor are we in one now. Look up what "recession" means. The economy certainly isn't growing as fast as it has in the past, or as fast as it could, but we are not in a recession.

Ok Mike, but close enough. Its the left wing media FOX News where I heard there was a recession Bushes 1st year

What ever anyone wants to call it, I hope it turns around sooner than later, its one of the worst slow downs I have seen. I am doing fine, but many arent.

How old the baby now?

Josh will be 5 in April and the baby Jessica is 19 months and a total terror, but a beautiful one. hope you are enjoying fatherhood...I know you are!!!

Jeff

That's ok Jon, after Obama ends the war - we'll break even. And to boot all the money that would be going towards the war if McCain were president - will instead come back to the welfare of the people in the form of social services - hmmm, socialized medecine for one. Can't wait for a dem!

Socialized Medicine may not be the perfect world you think it is. I think you should do some research on this subject specifically. I'm sure to most potential voters it sounds like the answer to a problem, but I don't think we should be so quick to jump on it. Socialized Medicine isn't free, nothing is. We will be taxed for this service. As an individual, I haven't seen any government supplied service that just runs great.

Here's an article I pulled up from a google search on 'Socialized Medicine'.

A Hard Lesson About Socialized Medicine (The Cato Institute)

What I believe is, it comes down to the individual. Each one of us should take responsibility for our own actions. We shouldn't have to rely on the government to run our lives for us.

You know I really dont think everyone wants socialized medicine, but we need a much better system, I think is what most would agree on. We cant have millions of children without health care. We cant have the bottom rung of people that work 40-80 hours a week and cant ever go to a doctor because they cant afford it. People need doctors and medicine even poorer people. Now scum bags, losers, drug addict, people who just try to live off the system, screw them!!!. What do we do about hard working people & children.

Why cant our country negotiate with drug companies and every other country can, thats a scam.

Im not trying to argue on this, its just what do we do, let people die or justsay sorry you cant afford it, you cant have it

You know I really dont think everyone wants socialized medicine, but we need a much better system, I think is what most would agree on. We cant have millions of children without health care. We cant have the bottom rung of people that work 40-80 hours a week and cant ever go to a doctor because they cant afford it. People need doctors and medicine even poorer people. Now scum bags, losers, drug addict, people who just try to live off the system, screw them!!!. What do we do about hard working people & children.

Why cant our country negotiate with drug companies and every other country can, thats a scam.

Im not trying to argue on this, its just what do we do, let people die or justsay sorry you cant afford it, you cant have it

Hey Jeff, I hear ya,

but don't forget about the simple people ( me) that just simply try and make their own way in this mess. I just want affordable coverage in which I am willing to pay for but the rates are through the roof. I hope and pray that nothing more than a cold comes my way. I am still chipping away at the bill to have kidney surgery 3 years ago. Man, something has got to give. I don't mean that in a repub or dem kind of way. It's just that bad out there.

Jeez I could afford more Strats if the cost' of health care were cut down a bit. ok that one was uncalled for. Sorry went off topic, I meant a Gibson Black beauty with gold hardware, oops, did it again!!!!

Hey Jeff, I hear ya,

but don't forget about the simple people ( me) that just simply try and make their own way in this mess. I just want affordable coverage in which I am willing to pay for but the rates are through the roof. I hope and pray that nothing more than a cold comes my way. I am still chipping away at the bill to have kidney surgery 3 years ago. Man, something has got to give. I don't mean that in a repub or dem kind of way. It's just that bad out there.

Jeez I could afford more Strats if the cost' of health care were cut down a bit. ok that one was uncalled for. Sorry went off topic, I meant a Gibson Black beauty with gold hardware, oops, did it again!!!!

I here you, health care needs to be more affordable. People cant tell me they wouldn't DIE if one of their children had a bad disease and died, because you lost your job and health care a year ago and you were working a full time job but with no heath care. it happens its sad

yes common everyday hard working people are hurting

My brother in law is in the process to join the military at age 35 because his wife gets sick and has all kinds of problems and she works full time at a doctors office (Orthopedic) she's a CT Tech make $20 an hour good for this area, but she pays $850 a month for her work health care plan, plus all the co pays, deductables and emergency room visits cost them a lot too. There are weeks she is in a doctors office, emergency room 4-5 days or nights a week. . He is buried alive in med bills and she doesnt get paid if she's not in work. He figures join the military and they will pay and help him get a college education hopefully.

I know the ONLY main reason he is doing it, is because of HEALTH CARE, he will never get out of the whole, because his wife has been like this since she was a little girl. If something is going to go wrong you can bet it will go wrong with her.....Thats sad, he has to leave his family and possibly get killed at war time and he is 35 years old all to make sure his family has heathcare and living expenses. He tested just yesterday. The recruiters will say anything to get more bodies, it amazes me. 35 joining the army, man thats messed up

We have to be able to do better than we are, we are a great nation that is bleeding, but we cant afford the bandaids

Man, congrats. There is something about that sweet tone that no other ax provides.

This one is not sweet at all.

:growl:

Fender Custom Telecaster, black with creme binding, mahogany with a bound set neck, abalone inlays and a Zakk Wyle set of EMGs .

Jeff you still chewing on the topic I stuck here a few days ago?? Hugh

ya Hugh I enjoy a lot of these topics. You are a PITA, starting stuff just to get me going LOL

The security system in yet? You happy with it? You & mama relaxing a little more yet?

Good luck

I heard you might have a revote there in Florida...another chance for you maybe to get a kiss from Hillary when they campaign down there........or did you want a kiss from Obama? LOL

Step 1:

Ahh, nevermind. I won't get into politics here.

Forget steps 2-12.

Adrian: Nice meeting you, yesterday! Hope we can go off again some time!

We have to be able to do better than we are, we are a great nation that is bleeding, but we cant afford the bandaids