Sign in to follow this  
copgib

Competitors Ad

Question

This is an ad in our local paper. These are the type of people we have around here. They all come out of the wood work every spring. Here is the ad:

Pressure Cleaning 1200 - 2000sq ft - $150, includes roof, fascia, siding, with purchase get driveway done free. We accept all major credit cards. Insured.

What do you think of those prices? Hugh

12 answers to this question

What's your minimum price to do a job--any job, even if it's to clean a mailbox?

$150 for a 1,200 sqft house isn't too little, IMO, if it were ONLY the house, but this guy "throws in" the driveway too. I doubt he's using anything other than pressure and what type of insurance does he have? Auto insurance?

Would you trust him with your CC. I know I would not. Adam you $150 wash get roof and house wash I would say that gets house nothing more in my erea.

Even in whored out Tampa, no one is gonna do all that for 150 dollars.

Maybe the house ....

Copgib,

I'd have them come out to your home or a friend and ask for a bid on site. Include everything they quoted. Then ask for insurance papers, credit cards accepted etc. If they are legitimate, they will be out of business soon. I din't believe they will even come out?

Ron you ought to be ashamed, now everyone's gonna drop their price to 99.00 with dat sure fire biz stratigy, thanks for lettin da kitty outa da bag.

Dang now im'a gonna have to be a paint'in contractor.

On that note I did have a DM of a convinant store chain look at me like I was holding a gun when I told him his 6 pump 4000k flat work would be 400 ro 500.00. He said another guy only charges 45.00 for a store that same size at another location. I laughed at him and told him he owed me more than that just for the estimate.

Ron,

Make that ad quarter page size, black and white, and add an "avon coupon" to the bottom and you've got a winner.

Somebody's been putting those fliers out all over the place here. I sure would like to know what their return is, either for the pressure washing or avon! lol.

Where I live thats about right.Brownsville TX. The southern most point of the good ol USA.We are a bordering town next to mexico.and every one knows some one that can do it cheaper.Like Beto down the road.Theres people that will work for $20-$30 bucks a day here.But the people here are all spoiled as far as cheap labor is concerned.Its hard to run a biz. with people like that.